Fires in Australia again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fires in Australia again

Current news of bush fires in Australia is reminding me of the time back in 2009, when AW was still based in Melbourne, and when raging fires brought tragedy to many parts of the state of Victoria. I remember the intense distress expressed in a post by model/staffer Sue-Ann at that time.

This time, the bush fires are reportedly much more widespread.

To all former members of Team AW in Australia: Here's wishing that you and all dear to you stay safe.

凧ちゃん

Volunteer fire fighter Roxy also got called into action back in her home town during these troubled times...
    Quite the extraordinary lady is our Roxy...

Also if I recall.... Abby Winters donated large sums of money for the "bush relieve fund".... also quite the extraordinary adult website is our AbbyWinters.com....

Would like to add my name to Takochan's sentiments re former members of team AW in Australia and all their families...

Pinky

Comment

Must be scary living in such a dry area with bushfires around. I do remember the 2009 fires, Cleo's birthplace-village burned down entirely. Hopefully the fires will be less lethal this time. Losing your home is never nice, but homes can at least be rebuild.

Comment

A friend living in Melbourne who phoned me yesterday said that firefighters were battling on a front 200km long, adding "It's out of control, man".

Comment

have you ever watched the videos taken out in the parks and forest with all that bush and dead wood laying around its nowonder the fires burn fast ,and it must be really dry also ,to fuel it and burn outa of control ,probaly not much they can do to fight them with all the fuel laying around ,its always sad when this happens and not much can be done only to slow the progress of it down [probaly there is little they can do ,just go out and try to stop it early ,the fuel is always going to be there as the climate it is ,it is what it is ,same as if you lived in the polar regions its going to be cold and snowy and the thbeast of where you live ]
          Last edited by sterling2; 22 January 2013, 01:59 PM. Reason: iust hope every one is alright afterward

Comment

canada has one of the best water bomber fleets in the world, I heard they sent most of them down under, must be bad it we decide to send 30+ water bombers all the way there, I hope some rain is in the forcast

Comment

To the folks in rural parts of Australia affected by the fires, you are in our thoughts.

As seen from space...

Comment

Australia is such a crazy continent. Down south people are running for their lifes from the fires, in Tasmania people have to get in boats out to sea, they could hear the fire raging, they saw birds dropping from the sky from the heat. Up here in Queeensland we have 500 mm of rain at the moment, pretty scary with houses getting flooded.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X