Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to View Images or Download Videos because of Server Migration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to View Images or Download Videos because of Server Migration?

1) I am unable to view any image after logging in. This includes images of models when browsing them (e.g. in the URL provided above), images on models’ individual pages, images in all imagesets. I am able to download image zip files, though I have no idea what a model looks like until after I’ve downloaded the file.

2) I am unable to view any video.

3) I am unable to download any video. The error message reads: File not found; Firefox can’t find the file at [URL]; Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors; Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

A few months ago, when I was checking out your site to decide if I should subscribe to it, I could see all images. I began my subscription on 30 Nov 2012 and I understand AW were going through server migration. Could that have affected my subscription? Am I linked to the old server where the images and videos no longer exist? Do I not have access to what's on the new server? Is it an issue of adding my IP address to some registrar? I'm not great with IT and have no idea how this works.

Just wanna be able to access AW again.

Thank you.

Please post an url which results in the error you mention under #3 (looks like you tried to post one, but it didn't work/paste correctly)

Can you view this pic: http://www.abbywinters.com/image/r_kayla_t_sample ?

Comment

Hi Frans,

No, I can't view the pic in the link you provided. I'm still in abbywinters.com, but there isn't any image.

As for #3, I can't download any video. Take this url for instance: http://www.abbywinters.com/nude_girls/kayla_t.

First, I can't see any of the images.

Second, I can't download the video in either MP4 or MPEG format. I get this: http://cdn13.abbywinters.com/content...157497&dl=true.

I've tried clearing my cache and removing all cookies, to no avail.

Comment

A clarification to my post above:

As for #3, I can't download any video anywhere in abbywinters.com.

Comment

Check if you're using a proxy, if so disable it for *.abbywinters.com . Test with the image link I posted above if that fixes it (the pic is the best test because it doesn't require an active subscription to view)

Comment

Hi Frans,

I don't think so. This is how I checked:

- Under Firefox Options, I looked under Advanced.
            - Under Network tab, I went to Connections Settings. It said "No proxy" there.
            - Went to the Kayla T link you provided, and there is still no image.

What I did notice was that, where the picture should be, there was a little white "0". I could click on it, but I get this error message: 403 Forbidden; nginx/1.2.5.

As earlier mentioned, I'm not great with IT. So I hope I checked correctly, and I appreciate your patience in trying different methods to resolve this.

Btw, I looked up abbywinters.com on my iphone as well, just to check if the problem was with my computer. On my iphone, the images didn't load either. Instead, there were little blue boxes with a "?".

Is there anything else we can try?

Comment

Is your phone also on singnet as a provider ?

The error you get from clicking on the little white pic indicates there was a problem verifying the request. This usually is caused by a proxy in between AW and your browser. You did check correctly for that, which leaves me puzzling what it could be. It definitly looks like a proxy, you post on the forum states (to admins like me, not the whole world) that it originated from proxy-###-###-#-###.singnet.com.sg and the 'proxy' word there... well it's suspicious

Did you have to do anything specific to get internet using your provider?

Comment

Hi Frans,

Sorry I've been MIA.

No, my phone is on a different provider.

Interestingly, I've noticed that your website is now coupled with other websites. I can't see images on lesbiankino.com either.

Well, truth is, some times, one random image out of all the images on an abbywinters.com page would pop up, but that's still not functional. Just adding a detail that might help explain the problem.

"Did you have to do anything specific to get internet using your provider? "
                Not that I know of. I wasn't the one who signed up for it, but the fact is that I'd been a subscriber to abbywinters.com before (some time in 2011?) but had no problem then.

I've also received this message in a separate email from Brent on Feb 6: You indicated you were still having trouble viewing all of our images and videos when logged in. That's weird. When I log into your account from here, access works fine.

So... are we any closer to resolving the issue? Are you able to help? Nothing has changed since I first signed up this time round, and I think my login access will expire soon.

Comment

Perhaps instead of "no proxy", there's something I can do on "manual proxy"? (I'm not really sure what a proxy is or does, just suggesting different permutations.)

Comment

benura, could you test with Internet Explorer ? Just to make sure it's not somethijng (add-on) in Firefox causing trouble.

Originally posted by benura View Post
                    Interestingly, I've noticed that your website is now coupled with other websites. I can't see images on lesbiankino.com either.

Well, truth is, some times, one random image out of all the images on an abbywinters.com page would pop up, but that's still not functional. Just adding a detail that might help explain the problem.
                    lesbiankino uses the same content-system as AW does. The problem seems to be that you somehow access the site via a proxy which changes how you appear to the AW site (rotates your ip-number in techy terms). That can cause the AW server not to correctly 'see' you as a logged in member and thus you see no content.

Normally this can be fixed by disabling said proxy in the configuration of your web-browser, but you seem to have done that correctly already. It is possible your provider 'forces' a proxy on you, some articles on their support forum point that way, but information is hard to get. Either way, if they indeed have such a global proxy it will not work with AW's new content system. This is why it once did work for you, the old system didn't have such checks in place.

The one random image you sometimes see is when the proxy happens to tell AW the same ip-number twice, but that is a very difficult way to browse a website obviously
                    Assuming IE also doesn't work for you, I don't think this issue will be resolved before your access expires, as it likely requires a configuration change on your pc and that is not something easily provided via forum or via customer service. Please contact Brent (he is from customer-service) and explain the problem, including likely caused-by-proxy.

Comment

Hi Frans,

I've tried using IE and the images are still unavailable.

Thank you for troubleshooting, I appreciate the extensive response you've provided. As my access will expire soon, I'll see if I can effect a configuration change on my PC on my own. One last question if you don't mind. What type of configuration change on my PC is required?

Comment

Since it's a proxy issue, I tried using hidemyass.com. Now I can see the images, but I'm unable to login. i.e. when I try clicking on any of the login buttons, nothing happens.

Comment

Login is a popup box of sorts, check if you're blocking popups. Also the code for the login box is loaded with the mainpage, make sure to let the entire mainpage load before attempting to log in.
                          Another possibility is using a different page to login, any page to which you don't have access will do, try http://www.abbywinters.com/nude_girl.../images/stills that will give you a 'access denied' page and then click on the login-button of the 'Already a member?' box.

If that doesn't give you a login box, does IE show any of those warning triangles left-bottom ?

The configuration-change I was talking about isn't a series a steps, it's looking for how/why your pc/windows seems to use some form of proxy to access AW. I suspect your ISP (internet service provider) does that for you. Interestingly going via hidemyass seems to stabilize your IP-address enough for AW to shows images. I wouldn't have thought of that, so good work there!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                          Working...
                          X