Names of AW models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Names of AW models

I have a few questions about the names of the models on AW.
    - Who choose the name of a model? The AW Staff or the model?
    - When is the name chosen? During the interview? The day of the first shoot?
    - Are there rules about the names?
    - Do the girls use their AW names all the time or only when the camera is running? Is it difficult to use the right name?

Hi Redlabka...

Kylie has kinda answered some of your questions... So this may help...

Originally posted by kylie_h
    Originally posted by bookmanz
    It is indeed one of my duties! Why?
    Kylie, and you rock at them duties! Model Liaison, scheduler extraordinaire, content administration, and name dropper.
    I was just curious. I guess my only question would be, if the models AW name is settled upon at the day of the shoot? Or well before, like after you interview the model and the the young lady and AW are both keen to move forward? The later might be days or weeks before a shoot can transpire.
    It would totally depend on the model. If she had a name that she really, really wanted - I'd write it down and if it was free (no other model with that exact name) then she'd get it. If she didn't mind, then I'd just pick one once she was booked but before she arrived to shoot. On the other hand, some models prefer to use their real name, so that's easy.

I do my best to pick names that could be from the country the model was born in too!
    The initial would come about when a model reaaaaaaaaally wants a specific name but it's already been taken (funnily enough, all but one of your examples chose their own names and surname initial, maybe girls just like the letter S?). Alternately, if we're choosing the names and it's quite a common name (like Kylie) it would be weird if only 1 girl in 1000+ was called that. Which is how I got my name, I think. But I think it rather suits me! Not to mention it's what a LOT of people call me these days
    Was that any help??

Comment

Pinky, forum-superslueth extraordinaire!

Comment

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
        Pinky, forum-superslueth extraordinaire!
        Thats a nice way of putting it, Ms. H....

That just leaves the last question to be answered
        "Do the girls use their AW names all the time or only when the camera is running? Is it difficult to use the right name? "
        Although the "forum-superslueth extraordinaire" has previously spotted a certain AW model/staffer that will remain nameless, posting the real name instead of the model name in one of her posts... so That may answer part of the question...

Comment

I guess that depends on the people having the conversation. There's no policy on what we should call each other, so if we know someone outside of work, we might use her real name, or (like me and Masie) we might refer to each other outside of work with our modelling names because that's just how we met. If you think of our modelling names as nicknames, it makes much more sense - some people call you by your nicknames or pet names, but other people use your real name - it all really depends on the relationship, who else is around, etc.

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

Oh dear i'm so naive in thinking that all these mom's out there are warped in name calling there little girls oh well u learn something new each day so r the ages fake too.

Comment

Unless there's a bug with the ages displaying as 40 when the model is clearly in her early 20's, then the ages are accurate.

As to the names being "fake". Models will occasionally use a "model name" to protect their privacy, what with facebook and google plus being so prevalent, if a model does use her first name and it's an unusual name, it's possible that her nude modelling work will pop up where her friends from uni can see it - not always a good thing! It's not an attempt to fake anything, more to separate her sexy adventures in abbyland from her normal day-to-day job,

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X