Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stills shoots

Hi AW,

Unless I have missed something there has been no new stills shoot since Sunday, when there was only one. Stills content seems to have reduced generally since the schedule was re-arranged.

Is AW moving away from supplying stills content or something?

It does look like we have scheduled 5 new "Stills shoots" in the next 7 days... so maybe just how things fell into place, but doesn't look like AW is moving away from supplying stills content...

Comment

Hmm yes maybe. There were 3 in the last 7 days (not including old content and backstage), but maybe that was just a short lapse

Comment

Sorry if this is received negatively, but having kept an eye on things since my last post on this thread it's quite clear that new still shoots have reduced in number.

For example over the last 7 days as far as I can see 3 original photo shoots were put up. I fondly remember a time when there were 5 shoots in a week.

So is this the way it's going to be from now on, or are we going through a slow patch?

Comment

As a shooter I just wanted to jump on and say that we are still shooting stills for every Girl Girl shoot and solo shoot we do, along side the video. In fact we have spent time this week looking at ways to make our picture taking skills EVEN better! Personally I think stills are a hugely important part of a shoot, it allows you to appreciate individual moments of the encounter frozen in time and for me it also helps to get me that little bit more excited for watching the video that follows - I am all about anticipation!

I hope that clears things up.

Comment

Agree with you totally Masie, especially when shot with your special touch!

By looking at 'Latest Updates' on the Home page from last Thursday to the time I posted yesterday I would say there were 6 original movies and 3 original shoots. I'm excluding Editors choice, backstage, this time last year, changing room, girls 101, because whilst they will be of interest to some customers I wouldn't categorise them as original shoots/movies. 2 of the 6 videos were IMs, where stills wouldn't add much and would be difficult to take, of course

Still, we were running at 5 still shoots per week in the past, and for whatever reason are running at 3-4 right now. From what you have said there is no deliberate policy to change the profile of the content AW produces so I'll just cross my fingers we get back to 5 in the fullness of time

Comment

Back in late 2010, we significantly reduced the number of updates to the site. Since then, the number of updates has remained static (or, increased with things like Editors' choice, AW Ed, etc). Note that if you're only a member of IM OR solo OR GG, the number of updates will fluctuate a little.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X