A Capella Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Capella Science

Not sure how many science geeks we have 'round these parts, but I was sent this link this morning and it's totally awesome! Who knew combining string theory and Queen could be so awesome?!

Looks like this guy has done a few more videos, so I'm off to get my a capella & science fixes for the day.

This is GOLD!!! I'm going to have to cyber stalk this guy and find more! thanks for sharing.

Comment

And I haven't a clue as to what string theory is, nor have I ever heard the term!

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
        This is GOLD!!! I'm going to have to cyber stalk this guy and find more! thanks for sharing.
        Yes! Me too!

Comment

Can't say I understand string theory but I do take an interest in whats going on underground at Cern where they are smashing atoms together to test the standard model which I think includes the string theory..love the clip anyway.

Comment

String theory is various string instruments playing in harmony at different intervals and in this video this theory is emulated by a very talented performer using one voice only, who obviously has perfect pitch.

Comment

From what I know string theory is a mathematical model to explain particles and nature and at Cern they are looking to (among other things) confirm the existence of the Higgs Boson which would help to prove string theory to be correct.

Comment

This sort of A-Capella singing is known in the U.S. quite affectionately as 'Barbershop Singing.' Reminiscent of an era when professional barbers who had their shoppes in a mall or community of merchants would often sing harmoniously these beautiful tunes as a way to not only entertain their customers but to also attract new customers within earshot because the sound of the barbers singing was so infectuous that very few people could resist the temptation to drop in for a visit to the barbershop for a listen.

Barbershop singers have A-Capella singing down to a sheer science.

This is the Saturday night contest where we are trying to get enough points to qualify for the World Championships! (more)

Comment

Basically the people who are looking into string theory are trying to complete Einstein's idea of a theory of everything. A combined theory that explains everything from the very massive to the quantum level. So far there are a couple of versions going about. none fitting perfectly yet. When they do though, will be a VERY exciting day!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X