Collecting and hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collecting and hobbies

I am willing to find out what AW members and models do when they are not busy with work, studying, groceries, household or occupied with erotica. Do you have hobbies, you practice or watch some kind of sport, you like to collect things? I am curious to know.

I do love to read comics (mostly on train to work). I also love watching movies with family or friends. I like a variety of genres with a preference for fantasy, fairy tale kind of stories and female lead characters. Generally I don't like pure action, dirty comedy (like American pie), visually stunning but with weak or non-existing plot (like Avatar) or clichéd romantic stuff. I have at the moment over 2000 comic albums and around 450 DVD's. I spend lot of time keeping track of what I own (and still want) through lists I made. I have a small collection of fairy statues and action figures (mostly female). Currently I'm on the hunt for puppets from the She-Ra animation.

On the internet I like to visit boards to chat or discuss things that get my interest. I am also a member of Wikipedia on which I do create articles mostly about comics with little to no info on there. I also use sites to find the comics and movies I am searching for to buy, mostly local second-hand but also ebay.

Lately I'm into making photo books, posters and collages which have become a lot easier with the software that is available on the internet. I find this fun to do. These works are about all things that interest me.

Don't really care for sports. I only watch 1 sport since I was 11 and that's formula 1 racing but not as fervent as I used to. The death of Ayrton Senna in 1994 changed my religiously following into let's just watch the race and not any more all the stuff around it.

It has been a while but writing has always been a thing I come back to. I just love to make up stories, create ideas for stories and I'm planning to write again soon.

Now I'm willing to hear about you all...

Running out of battery on the laptop but before i do an actual reply i thought I'd return the Link favour seeing as I've been playing A Cappella Science all day!
    You were talking about a lack of awesome Strong female role models in books and i thought of this book trilogy that you might really enjoy ( if you haven't read them already!)

I love The heroine Phe'dre, she's such a great character. you should definitely check it out. A fan approached me randomly after a show and gave me the books. Worth a read!

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
      Running out of battery on the laptop but before i do an actual reply i thought I'd return the Link favour seeing as I've been playing A Cappella Science all day!
      You were talking about a lack of awesome Strong female role models in books and i thought of this book trilogy that you might really enjoy ( if you haven't read them already!)

I love The heroine Phe'dre, she's such a great character. you should definitely check it out. A fan approached me randomly after a show and gave me the books. Worth a read!
      Thx Leah for the recommendation even though I haven't read a novel nook in years lol. At least someone cared to reply. All the others seem to have secret hobbies lol.

Comment

Hobbies?
        Well, there are quiet a few,
        Playing Music, Reading, exhibitionism, burlesque, event organising, fire twirling and angle grinding (new just learning) Cosplay in the streets.
        Astronomy, learning all about earth science and volcanology.
        there are surly more but i cant think of any
        Collecting?
        i only really collect the one thing. Minerals always been into them ever since i was a kid, my parents were hippies and encouraged it. i think its where i get my Love of Earth science. As i gradually sprouted an interest in finding out how all my beautiful crystals were formed. and then finding out that they form over millions of years! I felt like i was collecting a bit of earths history i have a massive Crystal cabinet full.
        i have a couple of pictures of some of them, ( the crystal cabinet is behind me in this drunken birthday snap ( i really should take some better pictures of it!)
        Attached Files

Comment

Leah, I also have some minerals but I mainly collected them because at that time I was writing a story in which precious stones played a role. I also have a pink one like the one u are holding in ur hand there. My favourite is the amethist (I hope I spelled that correctly) mainly because purple is my favourite colour. I will take some pictures too of them and also from other stuff I collect

Comment

Originally posted by alexspyforever View Post
            Leah, I also have some minerals but I mainly collected them because at that time I was writing a story in which precious stones played a role. I also have a pink one like the one u are holding in ur hand there. My favourite is the amethist (I hope I spelled that correctly) mainly because purple is my favourite colour. I will take some pictures too of them and also from other stuff I collect
            The pink is a piece of raw Rose quartz its part of the standard crystal quartz family as is Amethyst (Purple), clear quartz, Ametrine ( a mixture of amethyst and citrine) And Cirtrine (yellow).

Comment

Fire twirling is quite a talent, Lea. Have you yet performed on-stage for an audience with it?

Comment

Lea, I have read you also love doing cosplay. Do you sometimes go to events with cosplay? I know there is an event here in Belgium taking place every year towards the end of October. I have been there twice (not last year though). It's not only cosplay but also about fantasy, sci-fi ( especially Star Wars), comics, videogames etc. The event is called FACTS. I dunno yet if I'm going this year. The best part is actually the cosplay. It's very easy to make lovely photographs that way.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                  Fire twirling is quite a talent, Lea. Have you yet performed on-stage for an audience with it?
                  I'm still only learning the twirling, I'm not up to performing standard yet :P

Comment

Originally posted by alexspyforever View Post
                    Lea, I have read you also love doing cosplay. Do you sometimes go to events with cosplay? I know there is an event here in Belgium taking place every year towards the end of October. I have been there twice (not last year though). It's not only cosplay but also about fantasy, sci-fi ( especially Star Wars), comics, videogames etc. The event is called FACTS. I dunno yet if I'm going this year. The best part is actually the cosplay. It's very easy to make lovely photographs that way.
                    I have a Ball at conventions, usually I'm working with the burlesque troupe as we usually have a stall and do the private VIP parties for all the people who come to these things. I do a Barbarella routine based on the opening sequence of the film.
                    I'm not sure i'm going to be able to go this year as i have a bunch of costumes to get together for the summer run of shows i'll be doing this year.
                    But these are from previous Armageddon expo"s one is from my 1st year, and the second is from just as i'm off to get my hair done for a show, I ran back into R2D2. i love that little guy!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
                      I have a Ball at conventions, usually I'm working with the burlesque troupe as we usually have a stall and do the private VIP parties for all the people who come to these things. I do a Barbarella routine based on the opening sequence of the film.
                      I'm not sure i'm going to be able to go this year as i have a bunch of costumes to get together for the summer run of shows i'll be doing this year.
                      But these are from previous Armageddon expo"s one is from my 1st year, and the second is from just as i'm off to get my hair done for a show, I ran back into R2D2. i love that little guy!
                      Thx for sharing Lea, love the pictures. Yeah I have also seen that lovely robot at FACTS when I last visited it.

Comment

at one time, I had a fulgrite, about 1/2 the size of a pinkie

Comment

Hi Alex

I love riding trains.

“My heart is warm with the friends I make,
                          And better friends I'll not be knowing,
                          Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,
                          No matter where it's going.”
                          ― Edna St. Vincent Millay

I also love baseball (no other sports, please). So, combining these two passions, I have a hobby of taking trains to baseball games. Living in Los Angeles, I can and do ride trains to the see the Anaheim Angels, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's, and once a year, the Arizona Diamondbacks in Phoenix. Next season I hope to make it to the Seattle Mariners - stopping in the bay area on the way up and back to catch the Giants and A's.

What about the Dodgers, you might ask. Well, on the rare occasion the Angels and Dodgers play on the same day, if the Angels play a day game and the Dodgers play at night, I can take the train to Anaheim and ride back to Los Angeles in time to catch the Dodgers. Otherwise, since I'm already in L.A., there's no way to to take a train to the Dodgers. But I do ride their special bus to Dodger Stadium which leaves from the local train station.

Comment

One of my hobbies happens to be also part of my work. I've been doing digital video editing and post-production plus videography for quite a few years now and it was the videos I have currently on my YouTube channel that impressed my boss three years ago that he hired me on-the-spot then when he saw them.

I'm also becoming more & more proficient with graphics animation and I incorporate those talents into my production work and into the ads that folks see on TFNN plus on my YouTube channel and it's still tremendously fun for me even after all these years. What helps to keep it exciting and fun is that I'm always learning new things and upping my game and with today's ever-growing technology it looks like the sky's the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Leprechaun View Post
                              Hi Alex

I love riding trains.

“My heart is warm with the friends I make,
                              And better friends I'll not be knowing,
                              Yet there isn't a train I wouldn't take,
                              No matter where it's going.”
                              ― Edna St. Vincent Millay

I also love baseball (no other sports, please). So, combining these two passions, I have a hobby of taking trains to baseball games. Living in Los Angeles, I can and do ride trains to the see the Anaheim Angels, San Diego Padres, San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's, and once a year, the Arizona Diamondbacks in Phoenix. Next season I hope to make it to the Seattle Mariners - stopping in the bay area on the way up and back to catch the Giants and A's.

What about the Dodgers, you might ask. Well, on the rare occasion the Angels and Dodgers play on the same day, if the Angels play a day game and the Dodgers play at night, I can take the train to Anaheim and ride back to Los Angeles in time to catch the Dodgers. Otherwise, since I'm already in L.A., there's no way to to take a train to the Dodgers. But I do ride their special bus to Dodger Stadium which leaves from the local train station.
                              Thx for sharing Leprechaun. Well I do take the train very regularly too I have to to get to work. It gives me time to read, watch movies on my IPod or think of ideas for a story. I don't know anything about baseball as it's not a popular sport where I live. I don't even know if we have a national league, I don't think so. Soccer is the most popular but I hardly care about that either.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                              Working...
                              X