X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kylie_h View Post
    30 days of night.

It was just so awful.

I think the problem I had with it was that I expected the vampires to be scary, sexy, elegant, messing-with-your-mind, genius-serial-killer types and they were basically ravening zombies. So it was roughly an hour of gore- and jump-scares.
    Totally agree!! I found the movie had a lot of potential, it is a great idea for a vampire film and you just don't see a lot of original vampire films and i love a good vamper film. But they managed to fuck that film right up!
    Such a shame...
    At lest it wasn't as bad as the twilight films

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
      Totally agree!! I found the movie had a lot of potential, it is a great idea for a vampire film and you just don't see a lot of original vampire films and i love a good vamper film. But they managed to fuck that film right up!
      Such a shame...
      At lest it wasn't as bad as the twilight films
      I managed to get through the first Twilight movie but I found it boring as hell. That I'm not a vampire fan is not really helping. The only exception to this rule is "Let me in" and "Let the right one in", that was a story I really enjoyed.

Modern zombie movies are also not as interesting as the classics IMO. Give me Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead anyday. They might look corny now but at least they were enjoyable not needing any ridiculous novelties like super speed zombie, zombie animals, some kind of super mutated monster like Nemesis from Resident Evil etc. CGI hasn't really made it better either.
      That said I did enjoy the first Resident Evil movie but the series went downhill after that and I really really don't like the Alice character.

Comment

Originally posted by alexspyforever View Post
        The only exception to this rule is "Let me in" and "Let the right one in", that was a story I really enjoyed.
        I enjoyed let the right one in.... the original tho not the remake, haven't bothered to see that one yet

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
          I enjoyed let the right one in.... the original tho not the remake, haven't bothered to see that one yet
          Well I saw the remake first because I didn't know at first it was based on a Swedish book and that there was a Swedish movie out there either. The original is better but as the story is kept intact the remake is definately worth a watch as well.

Comment

Carrying on with the horror genre I really enjoyed 28 days later but was very disappointed in the sequel 28 weeks later,for me it didn't capture any of the suspense or spirit of the first film,too many guns and US marines for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by freestyle550 View Post
              Carrying on with the horror genre I really enjoyed 28 days later but was very disappointed in the sequel 28 weeks later,for me it didn't capture any of the suspense or spirit of the first film,too many guns and US marines for my liking.
              Would it've made any difference if you watched either of those two 28 months later than you had?

Sorry, couldn't resist:P

Comment

Funny you should say that Wolf but there may be a 3rd instalment of the film called...28 months later

Comment

Originally posted by freestyle550 View Post
                  Funny you should say that Wolf but there may be a 3rd instalment of the film called...28 months later
                  Heh-heh could well happen, as we know Hollywood and the way they love to rely on sequals.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
                    Heh-heh could well happen, as we know Hollywood and the way they love to rely on sequals.
                    Whaaaa?? Hollywood isn't interested any more in original stories??

Comment

Originally posted by dropshop View Post
                      Whaaaa?? Hollywood isn't interested any more in original stories??
                      Enter the independent filmmakers.

A little closter to-topic here, I eagerly awaited the release of Act Naturally, which didn't get into many theatres in its initial theatrical run mainly because of its 'Nudist' theme, but when I finally did see Act Naturally I wasn't at all impressed by its storyline. Good concept but unfortunately some inaccuracies about the Nudist lifestyle and how Nudist resorts are run. Overall I would say that Act Naturally is worth a look but don't set your expectations high as I did.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                      Working...
                      X