Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow "download" of image zips

Hi,

Lately it seems when I try to (re-)download some of the "older" image-zips it can take several seconds for the download popup to show up. Sometimes I see the "hourglass" on the web-page turn for so long that I get "504 Gateway timeout".

When the actual download starts though, the download speed seems to be normal. But at some rare times I get corrupted zip-file so have to re-download.

I didn't use to have this "problem" a couple of months ago, so not sure what is happening. But I did notice that when I try to manually view
    Carmina___Pablo/T3_carmina_pablo/gb_carmina_pablo020.jpg
    this pops up
    Code:
    <b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'MogileFS::doRequest read failed' in /home/cdn/project/webdav/mogilefs.inc.php:234
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/cdn/project/webdav/mogilefs.inc.php(328): MogileFS->doRequest('GET_PATHS', Array)
    #1 /home/cdn/project/webdav/mogilefs.inc.php(410): MogileFS->getPaths('/content/gold/C...')
    #2 /home/cdn/project/exif/prepare.php(77): MogileFS->get('/content/gold/C...')
    #3 /home/cdn/project/exif/prepare.php(38): exif_prepare->get_orgin_file()
    #4 /home/cdn/project/exif/prepare.php(201): exif_prepare->send_file(Array)
    #5 {main}
      thrown in <b>/home/cdn/project/webdav/mogilefs.inc.php</b> on line <b>234</b>
    and trying to download the zip of all images is just an 8 MB file when it says it should be 138 MB. No idea if this could somehow be related to my main "issue" of slow zips in general? Does it generate from scratch each time someone clicks to download a zip? Is perhaps this what is causing it to sometimes "think" for so long? If so I guess I should just be more patient.

I don't have this happening when clicking on videos. Those pop up almost instantly.

Originally posted by Kikuyu123 View Post
    Hi,

Lately it seems when I try to (re-)download some of the "older" image-zips it can take several seconds for the download popup to show up. Sometimes I see the "hourglass" on the web-page turn for so long that I get "504 Gateway timeout".
    It can indeed take several seconds, shouldn't give a timeout error though. Will notify web staff on that.

Originally posted by Kikuyu123 View Post
    I didn't use to have this "problem" a couple of months ago, so not sure what is happening. But I did notice that when I try to manually view
    Carmina___Pablo/T3_carmina_pablo/gb_carmina_pablo020.jpg this pops up
    Oops, that definitly shouldn't happen. The eXrta Large pics seem to work, but the regular/Large ones have problems indeed. Will get content-admin to fix that. Thanks for reporting it!

Comment

The issue with Carmina/Pablo Large still has been fixed, happy viewing!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
      Working...
      X