Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forums extremely slow to respond. Main site seems normal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forums extremely slow to respond. Main site seems normal.

Anybody else seeing this? It is extremely difficult for me to to use the forums. Constantly my browser (firefox 27) shows the messages: connected to forums.abbywinters.com... or waiting for forums.abbywinters.com

That sometimes happens for me, but it always fixes itself in 15-30 minutes. I'm at FF 24.2 . When this happens could you check using Internet Explorer?

Comment

Will do Frans!

Comment

I've been meaning to post a comment in regards to the same bug or (? ) It happens periodically and as you say Frans, lasts about 30 minutes and goes away. So, i'm guessing it's a common occurence with everyone and shouldn't be a concern.

Comment

I have IE 11(in Germany) and there doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment,nor over the last couple of days either.

Comment

If in the even IE fails (and it ultimately did for me on all websites, all across the board), do check out the Opera browser. It runs smooth, offers updates to the Opera browser app frequently and it allows you to arrange speed dial buttons for the sites you frequent.

Comment

During the complete day, I was unable to reach any abbywinters (also no IFM) site whatsoever. Glad that now it seems to be working fine. Did a traceroute test and after about 15 steps there was no response.

BTW, there are so many good alternatives for IE.

Comment

FWIW, I tried to post onto the boards today with Firefox and it was doing it's insane slow behavior again. But the main site was fine and I was able to download a big girl/girl video pretty fast. So I logged into the boards with google Chrome browser and the boards and forums work great with Chrome version 33. I think this Firefox 27 that I have on one of my computers must still be in beta, or it is SO fucking new, that something on the forums.abbywinters side has not caught up yet.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X