3D printer body casting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D printer body casting?

This may be an old discussion topic (couldn't find it) or may be too expensive or just uninteresting, but with all the advances in 3d printing I wondered if there were thoughts about selling '3d models of models'? A 3d printer can create a model out of many materials and to any scale when provided spatial coordinates. All or part of an AW model's lovely figure could be scanned and reproduced. We could (try to) fall asleep on a pillow that is an exact replica of Chloe B.'s fabulous breasts or an oversized version of (model)'s lips, etc. A 1/5 or so scale full body model might be produced of one's AW special favorites. Perhaps they would need to be made unrecognizable, i.e. lacking facial features. Any privacy concerns might be comparable to those associated with photographs or videos. It seems this could accomplish what the centuries-old plaster casting methods have produced but a lot easier and to any scale. I did some brief web searching and found this article. Anyway, it's an idea I have had while looking at the great 2d material on AW.

Hi Simono

It is certainly an interesting idea, I think it would be an interesting to process to experience and may even be interesting as part of a shoot.
    But for me personally Im not sure that I would be comfortable with the idea that people could have replicas of me in their houses, even if my face was altered to be unrecognisable. I think its the idea of having 'me' been reproduced into an object that I do not like.
    That said Im sure I do not speak for everyone when I say that, perhaps there would be lots of people who would be more than happy to take part in this???

Alex

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
    Working...
    X