Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cam with AW models

Owner
    all members should be able to see the playdate page, either with a "not allowed" message that Laktor saw, or the actual contents of the page (showing scheduled shows if there are any).

Laktor, sorry it did not work for you. You did not miss much - just me chatting in stops and starts while we tried to get it running smoothly. Would have been good to chat with you though!

Can you please submit a bug report at http://www.abbywinters.com/help/support ("report a bug")? That will automatically gather some dta about your account, and help us solve the problem for you.

Posting Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by garionhall View Post
    all members should be able to see the playdate page, either with a "not allowed" message that Laktor saw, or the actual contents of the page (showing scheduled shows if there are any).

Laktor, sorry it did not work for you. You did not miss much - just me chatting in stops and starts while we tried to get it running smoothly. Would have been good to chat with you though!

Can you please submit a bug report at http://www.abbywinters.com/help/support ("report a bug")? That will automatically gather some dta about your account, and help us solve the problem for you.
    Ok, guess I'll report the "bug" next time it happens since it requires the URL of the page and also have to copy and paste the error message.

Posting Champion
    Nothing shows up on that page when I tried it this morning.

I'm also seeing the same thing Frans is seeing with the word 'Playdate' running into the 'Beta' icon.

Buenos Aires, Argentina and Barcelona, Spain (soon!)
    Yes!!!! I used to work as a webcam model the last year and maybe I am going to do it again in a few time. It is so fun being watched and more if you are with a friend

Enjoys It Here
    Would love to watch and chat Anahi.

Enjoys It Here
    Any updates as to when the webcam feature will be working?

Still Exploring
    I meet the criteria in the OP but I see this (subscribe to our email newsletter). Is this a bug? At any rate, I was only curious what this feature was, but the OP has answered my questions.

(I was unable to upload the screenshot so described it instead)

I am interested of this!

Owner
    jktdec710, that page also says, "Next scheduled show: There is no scheduled show at this time. Please check back regularly for updates!" - maybe you missed that?

As it says, it's in beta, we're still testing. We have tested a few times now, and we're getting closer. In the next few days, there'll be another test (with our Customer Support guy, Brent, fully clothed). if it's working after that, we'll schedule a model, if not, we'll make more fixes, then test again. As soon as it's working well, we'll have a schedule of models you can see on the page.

Lona, thanks for letting us know. I'll be in contact when the tech stuff is working reliably!

Anyone would think cam shows were the cutting edge of the Internet rather than something that requires only a laptop, a webcam and Internet connection. If Abby Winters management team were running youtube it would be a small niche site with a handful of users. Maybe it's time to stop trying to reinvent the wheel, invest in some off the shelf software and either get cam shows working or just drop the idea? Much though i would pay to see Noa, for example, in a video every week, AW needs to focus on recruiting new models rather than trying to be a software development house. Not that it's too successful at that either it would seem.

Owner
    Thanks for the supportive comment, TamePaths.

In fact, we approached several adult cam companies to provide this service, and none of them wanted to provide it to us (but they were happy to sell us their cam FEEDS, of their models, which of course is not what we want).

Like you, I figured camming was a solved problem, a commodity service, but it turns out that's not actually the case yet. We did use several existing libraries to develop our implementation, which reduced development time a lot, but there's still a lot of "connecting" to do, and that's imperfect. Hence the beta label.

Rest assured, our developers are not responsible for recruiting models, so nothing is being taken away in that dept.

Still Exploring
    I tried My Free Cams after a girl here recommended it. I now have no money in my account. They are the worst site Ive ever been on. The girls get you to pay 20 dollars to get their top off for five min. That site has made me cancel my credit card. Not good for AW.

Owner
    Happysteve, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I have heard good things about myfreecams, but I guess it depends on what you expect, and which models you select. If you've still got money on your account, you may as well spend it trying a different model?

Not sure what you mean by "not good for AW"?

Still Exploring
    Every time i click on "abbywinters playdate beta" link i take a page without any specific content.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  35.3 KB

Does this link work or not?
    Is there any schedule for this link?
    Any help for this issue?
    Regards.
    Last edited by ilias63; 31st August 2014 at 05:53 AM.

What's up?

Hello,
    Any news to share about this?

Look at the cam site Niteflirt. If you can mimick them I would use it a lot with AW girls,

Check with Niteflirts. THey are for independents so I bet you could work something out with them

AW Model Still exploring Carla_B's Avatar
    I tried out webcam modelling for a while but soon go out of it because it was such a negative place, so much pressure and the feeling that a lot of people are either freeloaders or girls doing something maybe they wouldn't want to do... It's a tough place and nothing like abbywinters. If abbywinters wants to host something like this in their style with all these wonderful people part of this community, though, that's a whole different picture, I think it could bring a lot of light into the dark world of webcamming. I hope you guys sort it out It sounds like a great idea to me

Owner
    ok, it's for real, it's happening: Our first ever AW playdate with Renae D! It's at 1930 Central European time, about 3.5 hours from when I write this. That's 10.30am in LA, 6.30pm in London, 1.30pm in NY.

Posting Champion
    Wish I didn't have to go to work. Would love to chat with Renae! But I'm also interested if this would actually work since I've reported the problems in the past, as have other members. Oh well, will find out sooner or later. And, is there any chance these cam shows will be recorded and put on the site later so those of us who missed them can watch? I think other sites do this.
    Last edited by laktor; 14th October 2014 at 05:26 PM.

Owner
    Hey Laktor, sorry you miss out! But hopefully, there will be many more (they will not always be at this time).

I hope there will be no problems, but it's possible there will be, and we'll fix them. The whole PlayDate system is still in beta, and we have done a bunch of tests since you last tried and resolved some bugs. I'll post a summary to this thread after Renae has finished.

At the moment, we have no plans to record and post the shows.

Posting Champion
    Congrat's Garion on the success of the debut of the Cam show... Renae put on a fantastic show.

Enjoys It Here
    Caught the last two minutes of this completely by accident. Looked like there were 20+ people in the room; that's pretty impressive if you consider the three hours notice. You might market the upcoming playdates more actively; having to click on the playdate link or find a post deep within the forum is pretty inside baseball.

Owner
    Hey Aaron, thanks for the feedback, Renae was really bummed she missed you, too.

As this was the first ever, we deliberately did not make it a big deal, cos we were not sure it was going to work well (even though we have done a lot of testing!), but it worked very well I think (still waiting to see the feedback from people who had problems).

FTR, it appears on the memebers news page, in the top right corner. Where else do you reckon we should mention it? Maybe change the colour of the menu item, or put a countdown timer there?

Owner
    tjsunray, thanks for the kind words. It's been a long time coming, but now Renae's broken the back of it (which we were all a bit scared of doing!), we hope to have one show a week for a while, and see how the reaction is.

Enjoys It Here
    Quote Originally Posted by garionhall View Post
    Where else do you reckon we should mention it? Maybe change the colour of the menu item, or put a countdown timer there?
    You've trained me to look at "upcoming shoots" and I'd bet a lot of other members look there too. Your idea of a countdown timer on the playdate link is smart; it'd be pretty eye-grabbing. Just make sure it doesn't flash!

Wields limited power
    Other color for the item would be useful if the time is coming near, the question is.. how near?

Maybe a news rave 24hrs in advance? Most members read the middle/rave column on the members page I suspect.

Posting Champion
    Ok, I am curious since I wasn't able to catch the show with Renae. From anyone who did see it, how long was this cam show? And this may be a stupid question since this is an adult site, was Renae clothed all the time, or did she get nude? Did she do anything other than chat?

Posting Champion
    Hey laktor... the show was approx. 1 maybe 1 1/2 hours long, i can't quite remember, it flew by so fast. It seemed everyone was chating ...approx. 200 people.

Renae looked gorgeous in her red bikini throughout most of the show as she moisturized her body while chating and towards the end she treated us with a masturbation session using her vib....hope to see her again... you definitely must catch the next show. Garion said he would switch the times around.

Posting Champion
    Thanks tj. Hope to catch the next show providing the time is different than today's show, where I had to start my shift at work when Renae's show was due to begin. :-(

I have some of the same reservations expressed by others (I'm scared it'd be like when you go to a strip club and chat up one of the girls who comes over for a dance and "oh! I can't look at your naughty bits anymore now we're pals!") but would peek a show if there's enough notice; I'm only a site a time or 2 a week so...

Owner
    heya, I'd love to hear if you feel uncomfy after seeing a show. I confess, I am also uncomfy in strip clubs for the same reason). The way Renae managed it, it really worked well, but I really want to hear from others on this.

Posting Champion
    Hey Garion...just my thoughts..I guess at this stage it must be difficult to get a firm grip on the numbers who are willing to go in the private rooms and pay and return as repeat customers once it's officially off the ground vs. the curious onlookers as myself who are getting the service free as it is currently offered in the beta version.I'll be completely honest and say...i doubt that i will pay for it.Personally speaking, at this stage of my life the videos provide all the entertainment for me. I hope the time you invested will pay off for you.

Much success to you...Long Live Abbywinters
    Last edited by tjsunray; 17th October 2014 at 06:00 PM.

Posting Champion
    3651' Latitude South and 17447' Longitude East or thereabouts
    MASIE!!!!!!

You got me super excited..... Then disappointed ... then confused ... then happy.

Rumour had it (well twitter) that you and Satine were live on Cam here at Abby Land (excited) "Me and Satine have just gone live on abbywinters"
    I read that as being the latest cam...
    But no... No schedule cam show, bugger I must have missed it (disappointed)
    No other mention of the cam show on the site or messages on here (confused)
    But then I see you were talking about the super exciting news that Satine (no Masie credit) mammoth solo shoot has just gone live (happy).

So all is good in the world again... not quite as good as if Masie and Satine (or even Masie and poppy) were live on cam but still rather good.

Which does bring me to a question... when and where are the cams advertised/announced etc... I totally missed super sweet, super intelligent Renae D the other day (was amazing by all accounts) so how did everyone else seem to know about it??

Owner
    Hey pinky,

We deliberately down-sold (and under-advertised) the playdate with Renae the other week, as it's totally new and we were not sure how it'd work. Generally, it's better to fail in front of fewer people, IME!

That being said, Renae did an excellent job (as expected) AND the tech side worked perfectly. We'll be scheduling more sessions soon, and we'll make it much clearer on the site when they are live, and when they are scheduled for.

Best news: you did not miss Satine and Masie!

Posting Champion
    3651' Latitude South and 17447' Longitude East or thereabouts
    The countdown is up and working... excellent don't have to convert CET to local time.
    Even better we get a follow up to Anjali amazing and informative solo vid... looking forward to it if I can be awake earlily enought to see it