cam with AW models (AW playdate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jada View Post
    Hi Laktor! I feel so incredibly honored that you thought of me! AW team has actually already asked me several times to do a play date, but at the moment I can't because my internet connection is unreliable, I have roommates constantly in the apartment so I'm never alone, and my webcam is really crappy quality. I would love to do one sometime though if these things change! Thanks for asking, you are so sweet
    Aw, that is such a shame, Jada. I, for one, do hope something changes in the future so you'll be able to do one.

Comment

It was great fun to visit with Mila today! As others pointed out, her Valentine is a lucky guy! For me the playdates have been an effective way to get to know models better - more deeply and from different angles. The question/answer stream is for me a bit frenetic and hard to follow however - I might prefer an approach that enables more completely stated questions and allowing for more detailed responses, i.e. some type of presubmittal method.

Comment

Simono, I agree with that - at one point near the end the poor girl was getting inundated with messages. I was so impressed by the way she took it all in her stride. I don't know what the answer is (maybe a little restraint from members?) but I don't think it's fair to ask the models to cope with that sort of situation.
        Another point I'd like raise is that, while we all know (expect) what the finale will be, the Playdates provide a great opportunity to get to know the models better and I think it's a shame not to see more interesting questions asked of them.

Garion, you mentioned possibly splitting Playdates into free and paid sessions. Without doing all the maths can I offer the idea of raisng the membership fee by a small amount? Would this achieve the result of being technically easier and financially cheaper for you?
        Last edited by boomertoo; 14 February 2015, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Boomertoo, I can see two major drawbacks to your idea. One, the members who aren't interested in Playdates may not want to pay extra. And two, how would that affect a la carte members like myself? Maybe an alternate suggestion - certain membership levels get a discount on pay Playdates?

Garion, let me ask you a follow-up question to that: If there continue to be free Playdates, will there be an annual purchase requirement for a la carte members?

Comment

So I can see Laney! Winning! I cannot chat with Laney! Losing. Please help me out before this is over

Comment

I type something and it says I am not connected

Comment

Hi Grump, I guess it depends on how much more it would cost if it was spread over all memberships - a few extra dollars p.a. wouldn't be too bad I suppose. I like your idea of a tiered pay structure. It would suit me as long as I can pay to be a "Playdate included" member and not have to worry about individual dates. There again, I'm happy to watch all the models!

Comment

Garion, a couple of questions about the Playdates....does the model provide the computer and camera? I take it that the camera is a webcam....the same thing that is used to Skype? I'm asking because there are a few things that I find are not so great. The first would be the computer and it's graphics card. I can't say for sure, but the Playdates that I've watched, the video is jerky. Also, their connection speed to the internet might be a bit too slow as I think that might contribute to the jerkiness.

When the model tries to read our posts to her, she has to sit close to the monitor so she can read them....if she had a larger monitor, she wouldn't have to do that. Also, as she gets closer to the camera, her audio becomes louder, which is good. As she sits back, the audio gets lower, so maybe if she had a separate mike that was positioned closer to her, her audio wouldn't vary that much. I assume that the mike is built into the webcam that she's using.

Of course, all of this is a moot point if the equipment is provided by the model. I mean, I don't think that every model is going to go out and buy a bigger monitor, a separate mike, a faster graphics card, and upgrade their internet connection speed, just to do the occasional Playdate.

Anyway, I just thought I'd offer a little feedback.

Comment

While watching playdates I've wondered if some sort of simple kit might be rotated among playdate models that would include a wireless cheek-positioned microphone, like used by stage actors and musicians, and a detachable usb web cam. I may be wrong but think the audio/video is typically being captured by onboard laptop microphones and cameras. If the camera were to be positioned near the laptop screen much of the time but able to be repositioned for requested closeups it would spare some of the gyrations that our models have gamely performed as viewers naturally want to be as near as possible as the action heats up. It occurs to me this could even include kissing the camera, which could be a very pleasant view. A head-mounted mike could resolve the uneven audio clarity as the model freely moves around, and I think the heavy breathing as climactic moments are reached would add even more to the erotic crescendo for members. I'm sure many options have been considered by AW and these may not be practical but wanted to add my two cents.

Comment

That was a great show from Maika. She is so natural and so sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                        BanksyBanks: Based on what you have said, it seems like you should have access (the requirements are listed on www.abbywinters.com/playdate). Email support@abbywinters.com and they will sort you out.
                        Will give it a go. Thanks dude

Comment

Malika in her playdate: She was so sweet and charming, a candid, delightful, exciting young women: a wealth of beauty and passion !

Comment

Just saw Mailka on the Beta Playdate....wow...wow.....wow........so awesome! you asked what we liked...your sweet smile, chin, eyebrows, boobs, ass and toes! you didnt take off your socks and show off those cute feet and toes! (yes I have a foot fetish) ..When you were having your first orgasm - very juicy orgasm ...- I imagined all those juices dripping down my chin and off my nose!!!!! I bet that aroma would stay with me thorough out the day and every once and a awhile I would just inhale and sniff in a fresh "hit" of Mailka nectar!!! yummy!!!!

ps could figure out how to comment on line I could only watch!

Comment

Just saw Mailka on the Beta Playdate....wow...wow.....wow........so awesome! you asked what we liked...your sweet smile, chin, eyebrows, boobs, ass and toes! you didnt take off your socks and show off those cute feet and toes! (yes I have a foot fetish) ..When you were having your first orgasm - very juicy orgasm ...- I imagined all those juices dripping down my chin and off my nose!!!!! I bet that aroma would stay with me thorough out the day and every once and a awhile I would just inhale and sniff in a fresh "hit" of Mailka nectar!!! yummy!!!!

ps could figure out how to comment on line I could only watch!

Comment

Garion, firstly I'd like to thank you for organising the Playdates. All the considerable work that's been put in behind the scenes has certainly created a fantastic new part of the AW site. Helping the models prepare for their sessions has also paid off because in the Playdates that I've seen the models have been absoutely wonderful and represent Abbywinters perfectly. Excellent!

Secondly I'd like to ask the following question: Would you consider running Playdates with two models? I don't know if this has been tried elsewhere before or what problems it would raise. Possibly it would require:

1. Using AW as the location
                                2. Having both models in Amsterdam at the same time.
                                3. Having set guidelines for behaviour, probably similar to those used for DIM shoots.

I realise this would involve even more organisation and not likely to happen until the current Playdate system is fully functional, but I wonder if this is a little extra something, possibly unique, that AW could offer which you might consider in the future?
                                Last edited by boomertoo; 17 February 2015, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Why can't a user with a profile but not rebill, see who is next on the Chat? Maybe he will rebill it then.

Comment

Originally posted by simono View Post
                                    While watching playdates I've wondered if some sort of simple kit might be rotated among playdate models that would include a wireless cheek-positioned microphone, like used by stage actors and musicians, and a detachable usb web cam. I may be wrong but think the audio/video is typically being captured by onboard laptop microphones and cameras. If the camera were to be positioned near the laptop screen much of the time but able to be repositioned for requested closeups it would spare some of the gyrations that our models have gamely performed as viewers naturally want to be as near as possible as the action heats up. It occurs to me this could even include kissing the camera, which could be a very pleasant view. A head-mounted mike could resolve the uneven audio clarity as the model freely moves around, and I think the heavy breathing as climactic moments are reached would add even more to the erotic crescendo for members. I'm sure many options have been considered by AW and these may not be practical but wanted to add my two cents.
                                    Hey Simono, good thinking. I agree that some Playdate sessions suffer from poor audio, but others are crisp and clean (would you agree?). I am not certain of this yet, but i think it's the difference between built-in cameras (that is, on laptops), and external USB webcams. If that's the case, using better cameras is a relatively easy fix (compared to head-mounted boom mics). But I'd like to hear from you, if you found this problem with ALL Playdates, or just some? Does anyone else have feedback on this?

Comment

Originally posted by boomertoo View Post
                                      ...I'd like to ask the following question: Would you consider running Playdates with two models? I don't know if this has been tried elsewhere before or what problems it would raise.
                                      Boomertoo, thanks for the kind words, but it's not just me working on this, the whole team contributes, not to mention the effort by the models! I'll pass on your feedback.

We have considered two-models (and several models have expressed interest in doing this), but the current plan is to save that for the pay-per-minute sessions (ie, where customers pay to be 1-on-1 with models in a private room, or, as you propose, 1-on-2). That's not live yet, but it's near the top of our list. Not sure if you were around, we did it back in 2011 (with a third-party plugin), and it worked... ok. I am hopeful that it'd work better with our own systems (especially cos we can give models a large share of the earnings).

We'd let models set the per- minute rate, and I suspect the 1-on-1 rate would be around $4 to $5 per minute. I know this would rule out some customers, but it may suit others. We're also working on some mechanisms for earning Playdate minutes without cash. We'd possibly continue the "free" sessions we have now, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by froggytown View Post
                                        Why can't a user with a profile but not rebill, see who is next on the Chat? Maybe he will rebill it then.
                                        Hey Froggy town, that's an excellent point! I'll get it fixed right away. Thanks.

Comment

Hey Froggy town, that's an excellent point! I'll get it fixed right away. Thanks.
                                          Wouldn't it be useful to show guest/not-logged-in people the upcoming PlayDates as well?

Comment

Hey Simono, good thinking. I agree that some Playdate sessions suffer from poor audio, but others are crisp and clean (would you agree?). I am not certain of this yet, but i think it's the difference between built-in cameras (that is, on laptops), and external USB webcams. If that's the case, using better cameras is a relatively easy fix (compared to head-mounted boom mics). But I'd like to hear from you, if you found this problem with ALL Playdates, or just some? Does anyone else have feedback on this?
                                            Hi Garion, I've attended four playdates so far - Gretchen, Lotte, Mila and the second Laney. The Laney session seemed to have clearer sound while the others seemed to include a background drone sound which I don't think originated on the model side but perhaps was part of network navigation. I recorded a couple minutes of each session with a screen capture tool, mostly to experiment with the tool. In rewatching now I notice that whenever Laney spoke there appeared to be a noise suppression action that resulted in a clear transmission of her words, while when there was no speaking there was a loud background hum. The hum isn't likely to matter to viewers but it made me wonder if the setups or equipment differed among the sessions with regard for sound control options. I don't know much about external webcams (have one somewhere in the clutter - can't find it) but are you saying they can also capture sound? I had mentioned an external webcam above as I thought a model could bring it close up to 'points of interest' when requested rather than needing to move her body closer to a stationary camera. And I would expect viewers would like some images to be extremely close... As far as some type of headset for most clearly capturing speech - I have a friend with whom I have long conversations, and her end is an iphone that is on her shoulder as she moves around doing tasks, or sometimes it is on speaker phone. I am often missing words here and there and even gave her a headset at one point, thinking its mike would provide me with easily heard words, always at the same volume level. We weren't able to get it to work with the phone and didn't go further so I still have the same complication - when I miss a couple words I am trying to figure out what they were and meanwhile the stream of new words keeps coming. So - I have some of the same issues with playdates, sometimes trying to figure out what may have just been spoken, and wondered if there could be ways to capture audio more clearly. Or it could just be me and others don't have any issues (I think my hearing is okay). If there is any interest in a few seconds of my recorded sessions to see/hear what is arriving on my laptop please let me know. I think the tool records faithfully - I tested it with some HD YouTube videos - but discovered today that the video lags behind the audio on playback. By the way I don't know if other playdates included a big mirror in the background as Laney's did, but it is a great idea!

Comment

Boomertoo, thanks for the kind words, but it's not just me working on this, the whole team contributes, not to mention the effort by the models! I'll pass on your feedback.

We have considered two-models (and several models have expressed interest in doing this), but the current plan is to save that for the pay-per-minute sessions (ie, where customers pay to be 1-on-1 with models in a private room, or, as you propose, 1-on-2). That's not live yet, but it's near the top of our list. Not sure if you were around, we did it back in 2011 (with a third-party plugin), and it worked... ok. I am hopeful that it'd work better with our own systems (especially cos we can give models a large share of the earnings).

We'd let models set the per- minute rate, and I suspect the 1-on-1 rate would be around $4 to $5 per minute. I know this would rule out some customers, but it may suit others. We're also working on some mechanisms for earning Playdate minutes without cash. We'd possibly continue the "free" sessions we have now, as well.
                                              Considering the poor video quality that I've seen so far, I don't think anyone would pay anything to see that quality. The few Playdates that I've watched, they were all choppy and would freeze up from time to time. I captured Renae's entire Playdate, so if you want to see what it looks like, I can burn it to a DVD and send it to you....just to let you know what it looks like on the viewer's end. If you want me to send it to you, let me know where to send it to.

Comment

I think it would be useful to have some form of demo/test video which members can view to determine if at least that part works.

It is difficult if not impossible to provide tech support during a session so testing in advance for members would be helpful?

Dekoda, do flash vids at 900kb quality play ok for you on mainsite? E.g. try Ella C's 2nd solo outside; http://www.abbywinters.com/nude_girl...c_2/video/clip

Comment

Hi Simono, I noticed that whenever I watch the session without my headphones I hear some background noises but when I use headphones the sound seems to be clear. We will look to this issue, and as Garion said, it can be also the difference between using build in and USB webcam.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                                    I think it would be useful to have some form of demo/test video which members can view to determine if at least that part works.

It is difficult if not impossible to provide tech support during a session so testing in advance for members would be helpful?

Dekoda, do flash vids at 900kb quality play ok for you on mainsite? E.g. try Ella C's 2nd solo outside; http://www.abbywinters.com/nude_girl...c_2/video/clip
                                                    Frans, I clicked on the link you provided and the video and sound were perfect, so whatever is different between that video and the Playmate videos makes a big difference.

Comment

the tech behind Playdates and streaming videos is very different.

Dekoda, in the Playdates you and I both watched, I did not notice the effects you mention, so it must be a routing issue. The software is supposed to degrade the image quality on less-good connections (to maintain the framerate), but it may not be ideal in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by izzy View Post
                                                        Hi Simono, I noticed that whenever I watch the session without my headphones I hear some background noises but when I use headphones the sound seems to be clear. We will look to this issue, and as Garion said, it can be also the difference between using build in and USB webcam.
                                                        Hi Izzy, I meant to mention that I always use headphones on the playdates.

Comment

the tech behind Playdates and streaming videos is very different.

Dekoda, in the Playdates you and I both watched, I did not notice the effects you mention, so it must be a routing issue. The software is supposed to degrade the image quality on less-good connections (to maintain the framerate), but it may not be ideal in that regard.
                                                          Garion, I mentioned the quality thing because, if I was asked to pay a higher rate to see the Playdates, something like $5 per minute like you mentioned, I would think that most people would not be happy with the video quality they got for their $5 per minute, and most of them that had this video issue would not pay $5 for that video quality, and most likely would stop paying to see the Playdates. When it's free, the viewer can't complain, but if they have to pay for it, then there would be a problem, since they would expect to have the highest quality video feed.

Comment

Thank you. I hope it will work. And maybe only a rebill for chatting....

Comment

Ella's first playdate thread

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X