No announcement yet.

cam with AW models (AW playdate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrat's Garion on the success of the debut of the Cam show... Renae put on a fantastic show.

Comment

Caught the last two minutes of this completely by accident. Looked like there were 20+ people in the room; that's pretty impressive if you consider the three hours notice. You might market the upcoming playdates more actively; having to click on the playdate link or find a post deep within the forum is pretty inside baseball.

Comment

Hey Aaron, thanks for the feedback, Renae was really bummed she missed you, too.

As this was the first ever, we deliberately did not make it a big deal, cos we were not sure it was going to work well (even though we have done a lot of testing!), but it worked very well I think (still waiting to see the feedback from people who had problems).

FTR, it appears on the memebers news page, in the top right corner. Where else do you reckon we should mention it? Maybe change the colour of the menu item, or put a countdown timer there?

Comment

tjsunray, thanks for the kind words. It's been a long time coming, but now Renae's broken the back of it (which we were all a bit scared of doing!), we hope to have one show a week for a while, and see how the reaction is.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
            Where else do you reckon we should mention it? Maybe change the colour of the menu item, or put a countdown timer there?
            You've trained me to look at "upcoming shoots" and I'd bet a lot of other members look there too. Your idea of a countdown timer on the playdate link is smart; it'd be pretty eye-grabbing. Just make sure it doesn't flash!

Comment

Other color for the item would be useful if the time is coming near, the question is.. how near?

Maybe a news rave 24hrs in advance? Most members read the middle/rave column on the members page I suspect.

Comment

Ok, I am curious since I wasn't able to catch the show with Renae. From anyone who did see it, how long was this cam show? And this may be a stupid question since this is an adult site, was Renae clothed all the time, or did she get nude? Did she do anything other than chat?

Comment

Hey laktor... the show was approx. 1 maybe 1 1/2 hours long, i can't quite remember, it flew by so fast. It seemed everyone was chating ...approx. 200 people.

Renae looked gorgeous in her red bikini throughout most of the show as she moisturized her body while chating and towards the end she treated us with a masturbation session using her vib....hope to see her again... you definitely must catch the next show. Garion said he would switch the times around.

Comment

Thanks tj. Hope to catch the next show providing the time is different than today's show, where I had to start my shift at work when Renae's show was due to begin. :-(

Comment

I have some of the same reservations expressed by others (I'm scared it'd be like when you go to a strip club and chat up one of the girls who comes over for a dance and "oh! I can't look at your naughty bits anymore now we're pals!") but would peek a show if there's enough notice; I'm only a site a time or 2 a week so...

Comment

heya, I'd love to hear if you feel uncomfy after seeing a show. I confess, I am also uncomfy in strip clubs for the same reason). The way Renae managed it, it really worked well, but I really want to hear from others on this.

Comment

Hey Garion...just my thoughts..I guess at this stage it must be difficult to get a firm grip on the numbers who are willing to go in the private rooms and pay and return as repeat customers once it's officially off the ground vs. the curious onlookers as myself who are getting the service free as it is currently offered in the beta version.I'll be completely honest and say...i doubt that i will pay for it.Personally speaking, at this stage of my life the videos provide all the entertainment for me. I hope the time you invested will pay off for you.

Much success to you...Long Live Abbywinters
                          Last edited by tjsunray; 17 October 2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

MASIE!!!!!!

You got me super excited..... Then disappointed ... then confused ... then happy.

Rumour had it (well twitter) that you and Satine were live on Cam here at Abby Land (excited) "Me and Satine have just gone live on abbywinters"
                            I read that as being the latest cam...
                            But no... No schedule cam show, bugger I must have missed it (disappointed)
                            No other mention of the cam show on the site or messages on here (confused)
                            But then I see you were talking about the super exciting news that Satine (no Masie credit) mammoth solo shoot has just gone live (happy).

So all is good in the world again... not quite as good as if Masie and Satine (or even Masie and poppy) were live on cam but still rather good.

Which does bring me to a question... when and where are the cams advertised/announced etc... I totally missed super sweet, super intelligent Renae D the other day (was amazing by all accounts) so how did everyone else seem to know about it??

Comment

Hey pinky,

We deliberately down-sold (and under-advertised) the playdate with Renae the other week, as it's totally new and we were not sure how it'd work. Generally, it's better to fail in front of fewer people, IME!

That being said, Renae did an excellent job (as expected) AND the tech side worked perfectly. We'll be scheduling more sessions soon, and we'll make it much clearer on the site when they are live, and when they are scheduled for.

Best news: you did not miss Satine and Masie!

Comment

The countdown is up and working... excellent don't have to convert CET to local time.
                                Even better we get a follow up to Anjali amazing and informative solo vid... looking forward to it if I can be awake earlily enought to see it

Comment

So was the cam show with Anjali cancelled? I don't see the countdown on the site anymore.

Comment

Sorry folks, Anjali reporter in sick just after we scheduled the cam session. We're looking to reschedule on the weekend - the time will be up on the site in the next day or so.

We changed the countdown timer to 72 hours, so everyone has plenty of notice this time!

Comment

Ok, it's rescheduled for Sunday Nov 2 11am Amsterdam time, there's a countdown on the members news page (we're adding a feature soon to provide times in your local timezone, too)

Comment

I found the countdown widget.. finally! Was expecting something different, silly widget was below 'upcoming shoots' for me and thus off the screen. Not sure where to place that widget yet since it's rather big and not always that useful.

Comment

Oh gee, that's 6am in the eastern U.S. and Canada! Who's gonna get up that early?? :-(

Comment

Possibly a factor for when some people plan to log in - in the U.S. at 2:00am on Sunday we revert from 'daylight savings time' back to 'standard time', setting our clocks back one hour.

Comment

So it is really 5:00AM eastern time.

Comment

Anjali is our second ever Playdate, and we're still testing. If the session in a few hours goes well from our HQ, we can spin it out more to models in their own homes all over the world, and some of the times then will be bound to suit you better.

It's interesting to note that our site seems to have a reasonably consistent number of members online at any one time (I though that, because most of our customers are in the US, US time zones would show peaks). So either US customers are viewing at weird times, or just coincidentally, we have an even spread across time zones.

Comment

Anjali's running a little late, so we bumped the start time by 15 mins.

Comment

Thanks for the lovely chat Anjali! It was wonderful to get to know you more. You are just so pretty and sweet. Looking forward to the next Playdate!

After about 45 minutes, though, the chat box disappeared and it said "the problem is on our end." I tried reconnecting many times with no luck. I guess it was just me because Anjali was still taking questions from others. Not a big deal. I sent a bug report, but I thought I'd post here as well.

Comment

Well, Anjali did a fantastic job on her Playdate, there were a bunch of people interacting, and Anjali handled the session with poise, grace and sexiness.

From my perspective, the tech all worked well, but I'd love to hear your experiences?

Comment

My particular experience with the play date-

- the session was underway when I logged in

- saw a list of logged-in members and saw messages being posted

- never got a video feed - the box always had the message "Connecting..." - retried several times

- am using an iPad - same issue whether using Safari or Chrome browser

- began to fill out a bug report. It wanted the exact URL of the error being encountered. I didn't think it would be necessary but when posting the bug report it was refused due to the blank URL. I went back to the webcam session to get the URL and when returning to the bug report all fields had been reset. Logged out and had breakfast.

I hope Anjali was happy and comfortable with the session and look forward to reading her posts.

Comment

I also saw never saw the chat box. Said "the problem is on our end." Anjali was great though, as I did see her.

Comment

Unfortunately I could stay for a quarter of an hour or so but I, for one, could connect without any problem.
                                                            Wishing the best success both to Anjali as a model and to the AW cam.

Comment

thanks for the feedback. Simono, we have not tested on ipad (or other phones or tablets) yet. If you left the session open on ipad while also acessing on a desktop, that MAY have caused the problem.

As for the others, we'll look into them, thanks for the info.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X