No announcement yet.

cam with AW models (AW playdate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.. am not sure Opera is fully supported, even though it's a lot like Firefox these days You might want to keep IE11 and/or Firefox handy just in case, to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
      Hmm.. am not sure Opera is fully supported, even though it's a lot like Firefox these days You might want to keep IE11 and/or Firefox handy just in case, to make sure.
      Always good to have a backup plan. Good idea. I do have IE at my disposal.

Comment

Heya Wolfy, be great to see you online!

You'll be typing - Gretchen will not be able to hear or see you. But, you'll be able to see and hear her.

Behaviour like that on the boards is encouraged: mutual respect, and some dirty talk.

We recommend using Chrome or Firefox browsers - others may work, but no guarantees. Upgrade to the latest browser version. Have Flash working (the streaming videos on our site are Flash, so if they work, you'll be safe).

Be logged in to the website - go to the playdates page now - if you see a schedule, you'll be able to see Gretchen when she's online.

Comment

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I want to say thanks to Brent in customer support for sorting out my access. I really enjoyed Yara's sexy show and was great to chat live to her. Thanks to Garion too for his timely replies, even when you're having tech issues it always makes you feel better as a customer if you know people are looking into it and someone comes on to tell you what is happening behind the scenes. I think my access may have gone a bit wonky again and will check on this.

Gretchen should be awesome. For people asking what it is like, I did find it quite strange how we were chatting away with Yara about life and sex and other good things and then it did get really sexy very quickly in the next part of the show. However if I want to come on and have a detailed chat with her, I would leave that for the forums. She was very arousing and some naughty talk did ensue from viewers, so I don't think every model would suit this. However I found it perfectly possible to let Yara know how desireable and sexy she was being in a naughty way keeping it respectable and not derogatory. I think she knows already that she is appreciated by so many people for her individuality and real naturalness both of her beauty and personality. This was just like seeing yet another side to her and to be honest it isn't as if she hasn't already done some really sexy stuff on camera here. The difference is people let the model know in a slightly more direct way than they would on the forums.

I wish Gretchen a fun, sexy and enjoyable show, she is just fantastic and a much loved face here.

SF

Comment

Cam does not equal cam... lets make things different, lets make them better!

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
            well, it seems to cheapen the site for some reason. I don't know why I feel that way, but it comes across to me as one of those sites that advertise, "See our girls, live, do naughty things!" To me, this isn't what AW is about.....AW is about the models and the excellent photography that the photographers create.
            Abby is all and only about photography? Well of course Abby does have amazing professionals, which are also great and lovely persons, and that is definitely one of their strongest qualities, BUT also us models do our part :P I enjoy being part of Abby Winters not only because I have a lot of fun and get treated with respect, but also because I want to show the world out there that I have body AND brains, that sex can be fun and empowering for women, that Im a free person with a free will and free fun sexy self-defined sexuality!

I think creating the abby cams is a great challenge and a great opportunity to further keep questioning and dismantling prejudices and sex-negative sexism against women.

I would love to be part of this!

Looking forward
            xxx
            Lulu

Comment

Great show with Gretchen!! Simply awesome

Comment

Originally posted by masterxemu View Post
                Great show with Gretchen!! Simply awesome
                It was awesome. Was my first experience with anything like that and I'm so glad this 1st cam experience was with my beloved Gretchen.

Comment

Guys, you were great! Of course, I was nervous as s*** - but you made me feel really comfortable. Thanks for such a great experience!!

A special kiss from Gretchen

Comment

Thanks for making it so great, Gretchen! Very much worth missing Black Friday sales for.

Comment

Originally posted by GretchenAW View Post
                      Guys, you were great! Of course, I was nervous as s*** - but you made me feel really comfortable. Thanks for such a great experience!!

A kiss right back to you, my dear Gretchen. Today's get-together with you was a mindblower.

Comment

Originally posted by GretchenAW View Post

It was a pleasure being with you, Gretchen - thank you!

Comment

Can someone tell me why the video wasn't nice and smooth during Gretchen's cam show like it was during Masie's show? It seemed to stutter the entire time. What can be done to have a nice smooth video feed for future cam shows?

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                            Can someone tell me why the video wasn't nice and smooth during Gretchen's cam show like it was during Masie's show? It seemed to stutter the entire time. What can be done to have a nice smooth video feed for future cam shows?
                            Guessing that could have something to do with either the camera used to shoot the video or the internet connection at the time of the shoot. More likely the later.
                            I know even many of the dedicated "cam sites" have problems with lag, stutter and even loss of picture all together from time to time.
                            Same problem happens with the flash video on the AW web site from time to time, so think its just something that happens from time to time even more with live video feeds.

Comment

Can you set a quality-level (bitrate) for cam-sessions like you can select one for Flash vids on site? If so, picking a lower one might get a more stable stream.

Comment

Live video streaming is one thing I do regularly for a living. Many factors and variables can play into what the overall quality of the stream, such as IP connection speed, computer resources at the point of origin of the camera pickup, streaming server resources, softwares and software settings used at any point along the way of encoding or interpreting the stream, etc.

This is where some standard benchmarks should be observed when setting up a stream. Mind you, I understand that many of these resources at the origin of camera pickup are dependent on the particular equipment, software and software settings of the user, but then again I don't expect every webcam and Skype user to fully understand how the stuff works so I do allow a good deal of understanding in that regards.

But as for any benchmarks, if consistency were something that was desired to be achieved between one cam session transmission to the next, it would be of benefit if a range of standards could be observed, but then again, I wouldn't expect the models to understand the technical jargon for making that happen because it does involve alot of details and variables so therein lies my general understanding of why the camera transmission qualities could vary from session to session, model to model.
                                Last edited by wolfgangbuster29; 30 November 2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Fran, in the two cam sessions, I don't recall a quality-level setting, but I wasn't really looking for one. I did notice a few other viewers complaining about the same thing, so it wasn't just me.

Comment

For me :
                                    - my first session (with Renae D) was with the sound, but little screen,
                                    - my second (with gretchen) was with no sound and little screen.
                                    If i go in a site like cammodels, i haven't this problem (the quality of video and sound is good and you can have in big screen), but the girls are not so beautiful than Renae and gretchen.

Comment

My technical experience with the Gretchen session -

I was using a fairly new laptop, running Windows 8.1 and with 8gb memory. A net speed tool reported the download speed as 58 Mbps, connected directly to the router.

I began with Internet Explorer. It connected and disconnected several times per minute. I switched to Google Chrome - it stayed connected for the duration.

The video streaming was fairly choppy with a low and somewhat inconsistent rate of frames per second. The image quality was good though the window was fairly small. The audio was muffled much of the time and sounded a little like it was coming through a pipe. I used headphones but they did not help much. I often missed several syllables within sentences, an issue because Gretchen was sharing some very interesting details. I wasn't able to attend the previous sessions for various reasons so can't compare the technical aspects, and may have seen some differences between them in audio/video clarity as others have suggested.

Gretchen did a great job and this was the important thing for me beyond any technical issues.

Comment

If you get a small screen, just click on the edge and pull outwards and you can have as large a screen as you'd like.

Comment

If you get a small screen, just click on the edge and pull outwards and you can have as large a screen as you'd like.
                                          Ah- good information. Thanks, Laktor.

Comment

I'm familiar with window resizing methods but usually expect to see resizing symbols when hovering over window margins and thought I didn't see that when trying. When I expanded the browser window it appeared the video feed remained the same size unlike the behavior of, say, YouTube. Also, expanding a video window usually results in a more blurry image as the available video data is just spread out. My main point in citing the video size is that I think visual detail might be a major factor for many viewers in a live and interactive video session. For example a detailed closeup of the usage of a dildo rather than getting something more like an impression of this as I did. I don't mean this as any sort of complaint and can appreciate the significant technical challenges of enabling greater video transmission/reception as well as camera positioning, etc. but am suggesting that for this presentation format to 'take off' and become commercially viable there may need to be deeper visual detail. I know this is not news - just trying to participate in the discussion and provide requested feedback.

Comment

Simono, can you look again next show - there;s a clear window re-sizer tool that shows on mouse-over, in the bottom-right corner. If you cannot see that, please ensure you're using the latest version of your web browser

If the problem persists, let us know here what browser and version you're using, so we can look into it further.

I agree there are many things we can do to improve Playdates, and we will do so - it's still in Beta mode while we test more exhaustively, and your help is appreciated.

Comment

Tried to access the latest Playdate with Laney but got this message:

There is currently a live show, but Playdates is only available to members who have current paid access to abbywinters.com, and meet these criteria:

Purchased 10 or more pay-per-scene scenes, or
                                                Joined on a 3, 6 or 12-month subscription, or
                                                Joined on a one-month rebilling subscription, and have rebilled at least once (ie, paid the initial join fee, and rebilled 32 days later for the same fee again.

On this basis I probably don't qualify as I haven't yet been automatically rebilled, instead have rejoined within a day or two of membership lapsing (did get to see Masie's Playdate but now not sure how or why). I've been a member for a while now (including previously under a different username) so I'm wondering what I have to do to qualify for forthcoming Playdates?

Comment

Originally posted by boomertoo View Post
                                                  I've been a member for a while now (including previously under a different username) so I'm wondering what I have to do to qualify for forthcoming Playdates?
                                                  Instead of re-joining get a rebilling subscription. If you don't want to do re-bill either get a 3-month sub (immediately qualifies you for playdate access) or go the pay-per-shoot route.

I'm guessing you got lucky with Masie's playdate

Comment

Originally posted by boomertoo View Post
                                                    On this basis I probably don't qualify as I haven't yet been automatically rebilled, instead have rejoined within a day or two of membership lapsing (did get to see Masie's Playdate but now not sure how or why). I've been a member for a while now (including previously under a different username) so I'm wondering what I have to do to qualify for forthcoming Playdates?
                                                    Hey Boomertoo, email support@abbywinters.com, and let them know Garion suggested they add you to the Playdates group - include a link to this post - and they'll get you sorted.

Comment

Garion, I didn't want to derail Laney's playdate thread with this thought, but this seems like a good place to bring it up: I was happy to read that you were talking to Laney about her doing a second playdate. If we're open to other repeat performances, maybe Gretchen could be asked back, to make up for the issues other members reported having during her first playdate?

Comment

Garion, thank you very much for that. Have just sent email.

Frans, I was lucky - Masie was fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Grump35953 View Post
                                                          I was happy to read that you were talking to Laney about her doing a second playdate. If we're open to other repeat performances, maybe Gretchen could be asked back, to make up for the issues other members reported having during her first playdate?
                                                          Laney was the first model to go through some organised training for models, to help them do an excellent job, and coupled with her general all-round excellence, the result was an excellent job. Future models will also go through this training (around two hours of work), and to make that viable for them, they really need to be able to do more than one show.

And multiple shows per model is definitely what we'd prefer to do. But like scheduling the website itself, it's difficult to find a balance between shoots of new models, and shoots of existing models. As Playdates are so new, our approach is to get more new models at this stage, and see which models enjoy it, and which models customers enjoy, then in a month or so, start asking fave models to come back for more shows.

Which is along way of saying, yes, I agree with you!

Comment

Garion, I think you just made hundreds of Gretchen's fans very, very happy!

As long as I'm here, is AW looking for suggestions for playdate models, or is it an in-house discussion only?

Comment

Originally posted by Grump35953 View Post
                                                              is AW looking for suggestions for playdate models, or is it an in-house discussion only?
                                                              You're welcome to email me alist of models, but be aware that models have to meet a range of requirements before they are considered for a Playdate, and we do not make that list available, as it's part of our internal processes.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X