No announcement yet.

cam with AW models (AW playdate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frans - I just tried to log on to the Gala playdate - and no sound. I've experienced problems like this several times before - I realize the playdates are in Beta but the technically they really are a bit amateurish - not in keeping with the rest of the site. So an obvious suggestion - have the model test their video and sound well in advance and have a tech person in attendance so the model can focus on what they do best. Another suggestion, maybe have someone moderate or direct the questions - it must be a hell've job for the model to keep track off and respond to all the often random and unrelated questions coming in. Hope this is constructive. The playdates are a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by pagoda250sl View Post
      Frans - I just tried to log on to the Gala playdate - and no sound. I've experienced problems like this several times before - I realize the playdates are in Beta but the technically they really are a bit amateurish - not in keeping with the rest of the site. So an obvious suggestion - have the model test their video and sound well in advance and have a tech person in attendance so the model can focus on what they do best. Another suggestion, maybe have someone moderate or direct the questions - it must be a hell've job for the model to keep track off and respond to all the often random and unrelated questions coming in. Hope this is constructive. The playdates are a great idea.
      pagoda, you prolly want to direct suggestions to Garion

Keep in mind that the recording/webcam part is on the models' computer (in her home, not at awhq). Testing is always good of course, but a tech person can't go over to the model's home to fix her pc

As for the questions; a model doesn't have to keep track of all of them, as you noticed that would be difficult to do. Moderating it would result in an overly directed session I think. This way the models are free to pick and choose the questions they like.

Comment

I'll tell you something, though. When we got Gala with sound, and naked, and touching herself, it was worth the wait. And she gave great value for money. Scheduled for 12.00, she was still going at 3.00. Thank you so much, Gala.

Comment

Folks,

I apologise for the troubles with Gala's Playdate, and I want to thank Gala for working so hard to make it happen.

Originally posted by pagoda250sl View Post
          Frans - I just tried to log on to the Gala playdate - and no sound. I've experienced problems like this several times before - I realize the playdates are in Beta but the technically they really are a bit amateurish - not in keeping with the rest of the site. So an obvious suggestion - have the model test their video and sound well in advance and have a tech person in attendance so the model can focus on what they do best.
          All models do a technical test in the days before their Playdate. Gala's test was successful, but we're investigating making the tests more comprehensive. Gala was on the phone with Izzy, our IT Geek, and our web developer. Unfortunately, Gala was in a different city from everyone else, so it was not possible for us to visit her.

We're also going to add a notification system, so when there are issues, we can post an update on the Playdates page, that will auto-load so customers can see it.

Another suggestion, maybe have someone moderate or direct the questions - it must be a hell've job for the model to keep track off and respond to all the often random and unrelated questions coming in. Hope this is constructive. The playdates are a great idea.
          I think models do a good job of this - are you finding your questions / requests going unaddressed? When I have been watching the Playdates, models have handled this well.

Comment

Garion, I think that the Playdates feature of AW should be eliminated. I don't know the exact numbers...maybe you have them, but from what I've seen, at least 50% of the Playdates have been canceled or rescheduled. I know this is a beta thing, but to have that many of anything canceled or rescheduled is not good. I understand that things happen....the Playmate gets sick, their internet goes down, there are other technical problems, etc., these things happen, but to happen that often indicates that it is not a viable option to the members. This last PlayDate with Renae....I didn't bother to get up to see it because I figured it wouldn't happen, and I was right. For the members, where ever they are, to get up early, to stay up late, to take off of work early, to go to work late, whatever, to see a Playdate that doesn't happen 50% of the time, isn't something that I would be interested in....not to mention that typically, the video is jerky.(that's probably due to the servers that I get your feed from, plus my internet connection is only 6Mb/s.)

Look at it like this....if there was a night club that you really liked, and you'd go there every Friday night with a date, but half of the time, when you got there, it was closed due to technical problems, how long would it take before you decided to stop going there? Most people will only take disappointment so long before they move on. It's gotten to the point now where I expect there to be a cancellation, a rescheduling or a technical problem. This is why I think it might be better to just eliminate the Playdates....you can't count on them being held at the correct day and time, or being held with no technical problems. To paraphrase the saying, "Playdates are not ready for prime time yet." Maybe it's time to just eliminate them and save the viewers from losing sleep by getting up early, going to bed late, taking off of work early or going to work late, hoping to see a Playdate that doesn't happen.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Dekoda.

Comment

Would it be possible to have a short 'news rave' on mainpage when a playdate is rescheduled and it was supposed to go live in say.. 72 hours ?
                (even better would be a notification on that page which you can close per member, forum has that build-in ;-) Communication makes rescheduling/delays and other issues lots more acceptable I believe.

I suppose you could make a email-based notification system, but I'm not sure how many members would want to get such emails at all.

Comment

Our intent is to schedule Playdates at varying times, to expose models to different groups of customers, and we have done that. If people want to get up early, I guess they can, but I'd recommend against it, til the project is out of Beta.

Of course, we have had problems that are frustrating. It's new technology for us, and has the potential to break in dozens of different ways (I am consistently surprised it's as good as it is, myself!). I'm nowhere near ready to cancel Playdates - they are very popular - but I agree we need to do more to have them be more reliable. We're working on several strategies for that - training models better, providing better support for models, instigating better testing protocols for models.

Next week, we are releasing a notifier tool, that pushes instant update notes to the /playdates page, so admins can notify customers of issues. It's a cute interface, I'll be testing it next week in Renae D's Playdate.

Frans, we have a rave posting widget (I think you have access to it), to temporarily post "sticky" raves to the top of /members as well. Recently, I posted there about new video formats, for example. We could use this for more serious outages, I agree (though, I think the new notifier tool will do well in this regard).

Comment

Good to hear, Garion, that you are not considering cancelling playdates. I love them, but realize there are still problems to be worked out. I'm willing to bet you will successfully weed out most problems in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                      Next week, we are releasing a notifier tool, that pushes instant update notes to the /playdates page, so admins can notify customers of issues. It's a cute interface, I'll be testing it next week in Renae D's Playdate.

Frans, we have a rave posting widget (I think you have access to it), to temporarily post "sticky" raves to the top of /members as well. Recently, I posted there about new video formats, for example. We could use this for more serious outages, I agree (though, I think the new notifier tool will do well in this regard).
                      I meant the sticky raves yes.

Posting notices on playdate page is useful, would it be possible to push the most recent notice (if any) to show in the playdate widget? That we you get the notice on mainpage. It's easier to spot for members that way as all (well most ;-) visit the mainpage.

As for technical stuff, you use resources outside your control (model's internet mostly), that will always be somewhat risky.

Comment

I do have a suggestion that might help....as I mentioned in previous posts, I record each Playmate session as I watch it, so that I can re-watch it at a later date if I want to. Well, why not record each Playdate session, then, if there are problems with a live Playdate, show the recorded Playdate, explaining that there is a problem with the live Playdate, so you are showing a previously recorded Playdate to fill in for the live Playdate. By doing this, at least those who stayed up late, got up early, left work early, whatever, wouldn't be disappointed that they didn't get to see anything. Doing this would give you a backup plan in the event that problems occurred with the live Playdate. While the members wouldn't be able to ask the model questions, at least they would get to see a model's earlier Playdate....maybe one they missed because they had to work, or whatever.

One thing that I do....when I record the Playdate, I include the area of the screen that shows the members questions, that way, I know what the model is replying to.

Comment

Dekoda, as I have asked before, please do not record Playdates.

Playdates are part of our anti-piracy strategy: unlike our other content, live content is much more difficult to pirate (but not difficult enough, obviously!). The agreement we have with models is for a live feed, not for a recordng, so we won't be showing them again.

Comment

Just leaving a note to thank Renae for a wonderful playdate, and to thank AW for arranging it. Renae is of course incredibly pretty and she seems particularly well-suited for the playdates since she is so warm and friendly and clearly loves meeting and chatting with her fans. It was lovely to hear her thoughts about life in Spain and her girl-girl adventures. Also, having done a few playdates by now, she's an expert at interacting with the members through the camera and getting the right angles to show off her perfect body when she's doing sexy things. She mentioned that she'd love to do more cam shows, and I'm sure all the members would love to have a chance to play with her again. Renae rocks!

Comment

I agree with massfan3's comments about Renae's playdate. Audio and video of course could have been a bit smother, but otherwise is was a wonderful experience.
                              Also regarding the topic from Laney's Playdate earlier, about how members address the model during the cam session. Yesterday it was very respectful and I think everyone had a great time. Could have been from a better understanding, the different timezone resulting with different members online or something else.
                              Definitely will join the movement and asking for Renae to appear on future playdates.

Comment

Thanks guys! I was unaware of any discussion of respectfulness. Either way, I've never been bothered by anything anyone has said in the playdates! I like getting requests of what people like to see.

Comment

Renae's playdate was pretty explosive and characterised the values of the site overall: attractive women enjoying their sexuality and happy to share it with the members. The reality and the 'it's happening right now' factor of the playdates make them doubly exciting, as well as the knowledge that some remarks or observations may propel the performer (that's not the right word as it suggests that there's some staginess involved) to orgasm - well, that's irresistible. So, ready when you are, Renae, Laney ....

Comment

Originally posted by dropshop View Post
                                    I agree with massfan3's comments about Renae's playdate. Audio and video of course could have been a bit smother, but otherwise is was a wonderful experience.
                                    Also regarding the topic from Laney's Playdate earlier, about how members address the model during the cam session. Yesterday it was very respectful and I think everyone had a great time. Could have been from a better understanding, the different timezone resulting with different members online or something else.
                                    Definitely will join the movement and asking for Renae to appear on future playdates.
                                    I just want to clarify that I wasn't the one who brought up that topic. I don't have a problem with how members talk to me .

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                      Dekoda, as I have asked before, please do not record Playdates.

Playdates are part of our anti-piracy strategy: unlike our other content, live content is much more difficult to pirate (but not difficult enough, obviously!). The agreement we have with models is for a live feed, not for a recordng, so we won't be showing them again.
                                      I just stopped by AW to try to keep up to date with all things AW and I saw this post. No problem Garion. I won't record any more of the Playdates as you have requested, and I've deleted the ones I have already recorded. I can understand why you don't want members to do this. To be honest, the software that I use to record the Playdates, I was intending to use for something else, but I thought that recording the Playdates was a chance for me to try it out and learn how it works. I don't need to experiment with it anymore, so again, if I do watch future Playdates, I won't record them. Sorry if this caused AW any concern.

Comment

tomorrow I'll be having my play date session (finally ) and I'm really looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxketti View Post
                                          That's a pity.... I'm a big fan of Marleen and her long legs.

Marleen, get well soon!
                                          Really!? I havent been on the boards for A long while but That's quite a big compliment thank you! Tomorrow is my play date and nothing is getting in between

Comment

Originally posted by JAMMYMAN View Post
                                            Yes, get well soon Marleen!
                                            Thank you JAMMYMAN, I'm all better now and ready to rock a play date

Comment

Originally posted by marleen_s View Post
                                              Thank you JAMMYMAN, I'm all better now and ready to rock a play date
                                              It was nice to chat with you,Marleen. You are my favourite model on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Midlandsgent9 View Post
                                                It was nice to chat with you,Marleen. You are my favourite model on the site.
                                                You just cant imagine what big of a compliment that is, wow thank you!!! it was nice chatting with you as well

Comment

Just finished my first playdate session, i didnt like it, I LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!! when it was over I was just like I WANT TO CONTINUE!! I really liked to be able to talk to you directly. WOW what an experience, I hope many more will follow, what did you think of it?

Comment

Just finished my first playdate session, i didnt like it, I LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!! when it was over I was just like I WANT TO CONTINUE!! I really liked to be able to talk to you directly. WOW what an experience, I hope many more will follow, what did you think of it?
                                                    It was great to see you, Marleen. I always enjoy seeing you naked. You are a beautiful model and you have a very nice personality. I hope you take part in another playdate session soon. You are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Midlandsgent9 View Post
                                                      It was great to see you, Marleen. I always enjoy seeing you naked. You are a beautiful model and you have a very nice personality. I hope you take part in another playdate session soon. You are the best.
                                                      that is so sweet

Comment

It was a very nice hour in your private garden and you were very charming in your appearance and attitude. I was very happy to learn more about you and you responded to nearly every request by the members. Here are some of the scenes where Samantha Bentley appeared on Game of Thrones this season. A couple of seasons ago she and a colleague were in a pool with Sallador Saan as well. If you remember the Pirate Captain's joke.

The only annoying part during your playdate for me was near the end when a member, who is only interested in two fetishes of his in Every playdate over and over again.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I believe many of you were waiting for Bobbie's Playdate but due to some personal circumstances we needed to reschedule it. I rescheduled it tentatively for August, but after I will speak with Bobbie I will chose a different date, maybe something for July.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by dropshop View Post
                                                            It was a very nice hour in your private garden and you were very charming in your appearance and attitude. I was very happy to learn more about you and you responded to nearly every request by the members. Here are some of the scenes where Samantha Bentley appeared on Game of Thrones this season. A couple of seasons ago she and a colleague were in a pool with Sallador Saan as well. If you remember the Pirate Captain's joke.

The only annoying part during your playdate for me was near the end when a member, who is only interested in two fetishes of his in Every playdate over and over again.

Hey dropshop, I will watch back te episodes from game of thrones of course I want to see her, did you know Masie is also in the first or the second season of game of thrones?
                                                            I really Love it that you liked my play date, but what two fetishes were you talking about?

Comment

Hey dropshop, I will watch back te episodes from game of thrones of course I want to see her, did you know Masie is also in the first or the second season of game of thrones?
                                                              Yeah, they can nearly set up a complete starting 11 of a football team, so many AW girls have shown up on this show. Good that they shoot nearly everything in Europe, compared to other American TV series. In this thread we have shared a few we noticed.
                                                              Of course I remember Masie in the 2nd season. First Tyrion had the old Maester (actor was also Indiana Jones Last Crusade villain) removed from her bed, then poor Masie served as an ill-attempted nameday present to King Joffrey. At least they didn't show us her character's ultimate cruel fate at his hands.
                                                              Do you watch the series season by season in a short amount of time (10 episodes like in a week or so) or do you take your time? Or week after week like when the episodes are released?

I really Love it that you liked my play date, but what two fetishes were you talking about?
                                                              I noticed in every other playdate this member was a a part of, that he is only focused on/wants to see a closeup of the models pussy and then to see her urinating. These are his only chat massages. Maybe he copy+pastes them, so similar are they. Just getting old/monotonous for me since there is so much more to your (and the other models) personality. Then, since he doesn't have audio on, he can't hear the model's response and asks for them again and again if the model doesn't meet his wishes. The audio part of these cam sessions are like as much, if not more important than just the video feed in my opinion.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X