Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove or alter an e-mail address in Firefox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove or alter an e-mail address in Firefox?

I don't understand why they make it so difficult to do this, but how do you remove an old e-mail address in Firefox....or alter an e-mail address in Firefox? I have gone to the Firefox website, but they want you to create an account before they answer any questions....I mean really? I need to create an account to ask a question? Their website is useless, so if anyone here knows how to do this, I'd really appreciate it if you could fill me in. Thanks.

I did a very quick search: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/962690 try this, maybe it works.

If not, I am sure someone around here can help you out.

Comment

MartaJ, I don't understand what the link is telling me. I don't have a Twitter account or a Facebook account. What I am trying to do is to delete some of the e-mail addresses in my Hotmail account, and to change a few other e-mail addresses in my hotmail account. I don't know why they make it so difficult to do this. You'd think that you could just right click on the e-mail address and there would be a menu to delete or change the address, instead of going through all of this.

Comment

Have you tried this?
        Firefox > Preferences > Security> Passwords >Saved Passwords

Choose the username and remove the content

Comment

Hi there Marta! I have no idea what you are talking about, as I am not sure how to do what you say, but I am not interested in anything to do with passwords, I just want to delete and edit e-mail addresses that I have in my Firefox e-mail folder as they are outdated.

Comment

What IS a 'firefox email folder' ? Firefox doesn't do email itself, that's another program (Thunderbird).

Problem needs to be clear(er) first before solutions can be provided.

Comment

Sorry guys, I realized that I was asking the wrong question here. I use Firefox, but my e-mail is through Hotmail, not Firefox. I don't know why I asked about this with Firefox. The thing is, I just looked at my e-mail addresses in Hotmail, and those I needed to delete or edit have been deleted or edited. I'm not sure how that happened, but at least I now know what to do to delete or edit e-mail addresses in Hotmail. I think old age is setting in here and I'm beginning to lose my grip on reality.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X