HD Video Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD Video Quality

For some reason, the HD Videos seem to be somewhat softer than they could be or there are clearly visible compression artefacts. For example: Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2014-07-22-01h01m45s66.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	663896

here, the dark parts of Charlotte E After Dark video have compression artefacts in way that her head seems to merge with tiles on the wall. The image was created with VLC with the downloaded video, not the streamed one. I'm not sure if this is to blame on the bitrate alone, on a less-than optimal encoding process, multiple re-encondig steps or something else. I guess the videos would be more enjoyable if they had a higher bitrate and 1080p would be great.

I just posted a thread topic regarding this same issue with some of the downloadable 720p HD mp4 videos, where i think they are very poor quality, and way way too soft and lack sharpness and clarity.

The videos are 720p mp4 at between 3 and 4Mbps, which was surprising to me given the poor image quality, however it is not so much the bitrate causing this, i think it just may be a combination of the older HD cams they are still using, the shooters not using the cams to their full capability, and the editing/processing as well.

I am a videographer, and shoot 1080/50p (not 25p) AVCHD @ 28Mbps, as well as ProRes 422 at 200Mbps, and soon moving to 4k, and this is where AW needs to be heading now that there are so many wonderful cams available out there at very cheap prices, everyone would be blown away by the quality, even when it is downscaled to 720p h264 (mp4) @ 5Mbps, it would seem like you are there participating in the actual video shoot.

Cheers
    Last edited by derflapin; 24 September 2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I've downloaded a few shoots in the highest quality possible, but there's not much of a discernible difference from the HD vids. There seems to be something in their processing which is eliminating sharpness and generally creating a blurring effect. This becomes quite an issue in videos with a wide frame where the models are only taking up a much smaller space on screen (e.g. on the DIMs where the camera may be set up far away from them). If you try zooming into those areas, the blurring and artifacts are pretty horrific, and overall it really hurts those videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathbadh View Post
        I've downloaded a few shoots in the highest quality possible, but there's not much of a discernible difference from the HD vids.
        To clarify, HD *is* the highest quality, which qualities were you comparing ? Feedback always much appreciated!

Comment

Cathbadh has a valid point, in that much of the quality that may have originally been captured with the camera may be getting lost somewhere along the path of post-production and finalising for publishing to the site. It could very well be in the ways the video is being re-coded within any of the given steps of composite editing and rendering, as well as the specific codec that is chosen for use in writing out the final file that is intended for publishing.

Those might be some areas of the process worth considering.

Just my thoughts, as a videographer and post-producer.

Comment

From the uneducated... and maybe the totally wrong... me...
            I wouldn't think any of the afterdark shoots wouldn't be a great judge on the HD video quality, for one these all were shot along time ago, 2008/9 maybe, so as mentioned elsewhere AW has upgraded there camera equipment since then.

Plus.... afterdark shoots as the name suggests are shot in less light than the normal AW shoot, and as I just learned lighting makes the largest difference in image quality, so wonder if that may also be an issue?

Comment

I kinda give the AD shoots some slack mainly because the overall tone of the shoots is intentionally what it is, mainly because, as Pinky points out, they shoot with less light, and I'll add that it appears they do add some artistic tones in post-production to enhance the tone and give the video more of a film-noir appearance.

But that's the After Dark shoots.

Comment

These points about the lack of image/picture quality (over colorization, bluryness, lack of sharpness etyc) are exactly why i made my own thread about this issue the other day, and re-enforced my concerns here as well.

I have been told what cameras are used for the video shoots, i also see them being used in many of the actual videos, and i believe (as another videographer) these cams are far too big and cumbersome for these girls, and the operators to use in hand held roaming mode, ans there are much better avchd cameras out there that are smaller and lighter that are more suited to shooting roaming video.

I also think they should be using the camera on a hand held camera rig like the ones i use, because you get much smoother video because your hands are not wrapped around the camera while shooting.

I am one for shooting in natural light as much as possible, but these panasonic cams are hopeless in low light (sorry guys but they are) and if they are shooting in low light or at night, buy some LED camera mounted lights to illuminate the subjects as they are moving about with the camera, and these can be mounted to a camera rig if you have them.

As previously mentioned, something is not right with the Video quality of these 720p files, even tho they are converting them from 1080p to 720p at 4Mbps, they should be far better than they are, and i find it difficult focusing on the video because of the lack of sharpness in the picture, making them look slightly blurry.

Color is also a big issue as well, i use this video as an example of bad coloring, and very poor image quality (not referring to the moving leaves etc) this video is just horrible to look at.

Outdoors and nestled among the lush greens of the woods, Maylin and Blanca flirt with each other as they get closer to one another.  Lifting off Maylin's top, Blanca exposes her ripe, pert breasts as she leans in closer to cup them in her hands and feel their texture as she grips them. Pressing their naked bodies against one another, they grind and scissor together, their hands exploring their partner's petite bodies.

This video on the other hand, well it is the best video i have downloaded so far i think, in that i love the way it has been shot, the camera person did a great job, so please pass that compliment on.

The video is also by far the best quality that i have downloaded as well, fairly clear and sharp, and easy to watch without focus blinking, and i enjoyed watching every minute of it, especially that the model (Maria_W) is amazingly beautiful and she worked so well for the camera, and the scenery/location is great, and i hope to see more from her soon.

Feeling the warm sand on her naked body, Maria lays on the beach under the hot Australian sun, her browning body still showing the white tan lines of the last time she was there.Moving from the house to the lush greens of the Australian flora, Maria then takes us down to the waters of the beach as we spend the whole day with her. Exposing her stunning slender body, perky breasts, pert round bum and full bush we're treated to every inch in beautiful locations.

Cheers

Originally posted by Cathbadh View Post
                I've downloaded a few shoots in the highest quality possible, but there's not much of a discernible difference from the HD vids. There seems to be something in their processing which is eliminating sharpness and generally creating a blurring effect
                I just downloaded the HQ version of the Dannah & Gala shoot to compare to the HD version, and if you was to watch both on a full HD screen the HQ will definately look lower quality because it has to be upscaled more to fill the 1920x1080 screen, and it has a lower Bitrate for the encode.

The HD version is 1280x720 mp4 @ 25fps @ 4.3Mbps bitrate and the HQ version is 1024x576 mp4 @ 25fps @ 3.4Mbps

EDIT: Check out how bad this video is regarding this lack of sharpness or blurriness people have been talking about, i have to squint and blink my eyes just to try an focus on it, and it is not because it was shot indoors, the lighting was fine, and for a 720p mp4 @ 4Mbps it is barely watchable in my opinion.

Oh, and try and get your models to not shoot directly towards a window that has no blinds or curtains, Blanca is doing it in the first part of that video and its annoying.

Running her hands up Thais' long socks, Blanca spreads her legs and opens up her pink, wet vagina. Pressing her tongue against Thais' vulva she licks and sucks as she makes her squirm on the floor. Undressing their petite bodies they grind against each other, grabbing their breasts, puling at their nipples and fingering each other to intense orgasms!
                Last edited by derflapin; 26 September 2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X