Facebook/Twitter or other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook/Twitter or other?

For social media, what do you prefer to use? Maybe you use more than one or stay off social media altogether. For me, it's strictly facebook. Very easy to use and you have no limit in which to express your thoughts. I tried Twitter, but found it extremely boring. Also found it not to be user friendly. In fact, far from it. Twitter may have a billion users, but after 2 years of struggling to understand how to do anything on it, I quit. I know many of you will say it's so easy, and you can call me dumb ( I won't be offended) but then why do I find facebook so simple to use?

I don't use any of them....they are too dangerous, and I don't feel the need to share my personal life....all 24/7 of it, with the world. It irritates me that the world thinks that everyone is on Facebook and Twitter and owns a cell phone. I don't use any of those and I never will. Jeez, you can't even buy software anymore if you don't have an internet connection.

Go to a store and see if you can buy software....like Microsoft Office....and see what you get. You get a box that doesn't contain a CD or DVD with the software, you get a box that contains a card with an activation number on it. You have to go online to download the software, then use the activation card to activate the software....oh, and when you download the software, you can't download it to your hard drive, then install it. The software just installs itself on your computer. If you have a hard drive crash, you don't have a CD or DVD that you can use to install the software on the new hard drive, you have to go back online and download the software all over again. If you don't have an internet connection, you're out of luck.

Comment

The main reason I use facebook is to connect with friends and acquaintances. Being a lover of music, fb makes it so easy to find out when someone is doing a gig near me. Without it, I'd miss out on so much. It makes me feel connected to the world. However, I don't need a cellphone. Could easily get along with it. Only got my first one 4 years ago and it's a basic flip phone that I only make a few calls on and do nothing else. Don't even use the texting function. It's not a smartphone. Costs me just $11 a month for a maximum 30 minutes usage per month and I don't even use half of that! If someone handed me a smartphone, I wouldn't even know how to turn it on or off, let alone do anything else. I'm one of the few people in the world that has never "flicked" a screen with my fingers! ha, ha..

Comment

I know what you mean about cell phones. I don't own one and I never will. If I am with someone who has a cell phone and for whatever reason, I need to make a call, I have no idea how to use one, so I'll just give the number that I want to call to the owner of the cell phone and let them make the call, then hand the phone over to me. It's rare that this happens, since I don't usually need to call someone when I'm away from home, but you can't find a pay phone anymore, due to the proliferation of cell phones, so once in a great while, I need to use someone's cell phone.....maybe once every 1-2 years.

Comment

Dekoda, I guess I live in the one city where payphones are still everywhere. Almost all gas stations have them and there are rows of them in every subway station!

Comment

I don't use Facebook or Twitter, but I do understand how many people can find Twitter useful since it is simple and easy to keep people up to date about what they're doing. Facebook tends to make people think they have more friends than they really do. The more friends you try to maintain, the less quality your relationships will have.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X