extremely slow site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extremely slow site

HI The last two days the AW site is so slow its unusable? videos take hours to play... Can you fix?
    Browser chrome Mac os
    all other browsing fine

Many thanks will

Did you try with another browser? (on Mac that's probably Safari?)

Do you download videos or play the flash movies on site?

Comment

on site usually
      browser is Chrome

Comment

used to work fine untill a couple of days ago and no0 changes to set up

Comment

Originally posted by utectok View Post
          used to work fine untill a couple of days ago and no0 changes to set up
          No changes that you know Chrome does auto-update. To be clear you view the videos by going to a videopage then click the play button in the middle (more or less) of the screen?

Comment

yep
            thats right

Comment

Once the flash movie does play for you, do it play ok?

What happens if you do download a video file, say the HQ/mp4 one? Is that slow as well, or ok speed-wise?

Comment

no the player works fine I have tested other sites it seems to be the feed it simply takes an age to buffer 2 or three seconds

Comment

Originally posted by utectok View Post
                  no the player works fine I have tested other sites it seems to be the feed it simply takes an age to buffer 2 or three seconds
                  Understood, but if you *download* a videofile (say the HQ one, good size to test) does that download work ok for you?

Comment

download speed for 1.8 gb file 3 days .........
                    my connection speed 4.36mbps download....

Comment

usually my connection is about this and with some buffering playable but presently AW site sadly as good as useless

Comment

tried different browsers still no joy I'm fairly sure its a server side problem?
                        Any luck??
                        Cheers will

Comment

It's not server-side, because then it would affect ALL members. It's most likely something in-between, which is often difficult to troubleshoot ('cos neither you nor AW owns that part).
                          You can create a support ticket here: http://www.abbywinters.com/help/support ('get website support') to get help in trying to determine the cause.

(if it IS an in-between cause, it may very well dissappear in a week or so, when the in-between traffic parties fix the issue)

Comment

ok you were right thanks re booting the router sorted it Happy days thanks
                            Will

Comment

Ah yes, routers/modems tend to only go DOWN in speed when they detect trouble. They never go back UP again. Happy browsing!

Comment

SLOWWWWW

Using Firefox w/ high speed internet slow downloads, many not playable. I have latest codecs installed.

Comment

Can anyone assist? I'm suddenly experiencing really slow download speeds, even for LQ MP4 videos. Downloads sometimes start OK but quickly slow right down, even to as little as 6KB/sec.

I'm using a PC with Windows XP, Firefox browser via a Wi-Fi connection. All was OK until about a week ago so thought maybe it was the site, but apparently not. I've used PC cleaner, Ad-Aware and AVG Anti-Virus just in case there was something causing it, but no change.

Sadly I'm IT illiterate so any advice would need to be in very basic terms!

Any help would be appreciated.
                                  Last edited by boomertoo; 24 December 2014, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Did you or can you test download speed from other sites? Does problem occur any time (of day) you download?

Comment

Dec 27th

Hi Frans

I usually download around 4am to 6am Amsterdam time. I took out a minimal membership with another site so I could check speed. There was no problem with the other site (around 300KB/sec) but it's still slow with AW and speed still fluctuates. At this moment I'm downloading a solo shoot which is varying up and down between about 35 and 90 KB/sec. I'll test again tomorrow and let you know the result of that.

Dec 28th

Worse today! Trying to download the three new Anjali-Flora vids - running at 50KB/sec, 7 KB/sec and 1KB/sec and fluctuating quite a lot. Also downloading two from other site - both running at 260 KB/sec and virtually constant speed. Have you any ideas on what this problem is?
                                      Last edited by boomertoo; 28 December 2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                      Working...
                                      X