Can unrehearsed shoots work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can unrehearsed shoots work?

It’s understood that the GG videos are “rehearsed” by using the earlier photo shoots as a “script”, which of course is the obvious way to go for several reasons, including setting up for camera angles, lighting, etc. But what happens with the supposedly “unrehearsed” videos? Are the stills shot afterwards or before, or a combination of both? The most intriguing one is between Misha and Chloe as the stills show the preliminary blindfold routine except in a different setting to the video. http://www.abbywinters.com/girl_girl/chloe_b_misha. How was this done?

On this subject, is it possible to shoot "unrehearsed" videos, especially where the models are experienced and so already at ease and understand the requirements of the videographers? I only ask this as in a few videos the model(s) become too intent on “following the script” and so rather spoil the “natural” quality of the scene.

I think it would be very interesting to see what happens if experienced models are “let loose” on each other (hopefully within certain restraints!). It would likely rely more heavily on editing to produce the final video and mean that the stills are thus shot afterwards. Would this be possible or just too experimental?

We don't always shoot pictures first sometimes we begin with video, it really depends on the models we have and their needs. For example for a ladies first girl-girl shoot it is helpful to do pictures first so she can get her head around what is happening and some models later tell us they enjoy doing video first, so for them, that is the order we go for. Finally while some ladies find they enjoy the positions they explored in stills so much that they re visit alot of them again in video, we are always very clear that they should do what feels right at the time, so often they have two very different spontanious sexual encounters regardless of the order we shoot in. Hope that helps. xx

Comment

Neither of my two girl-girl shoots were really scripted. Although there were certain objectives that we wanted to accomplish, they were very vague and allowed us to explore each other's bodies in whatever way we felt comfortable or wanted to. For example, with kenji we wanted to stay mostly in or around the chair, and with Noa we wanted to play a bit with the scarf, but beyond that there were absolutely no guidelines, suggestion or scripts--just purely natural encounters

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post
        we are always very clear that they should do what feels right at the time, so often they have two very different spontanious sexual encounters regardless of the order we shoot in. Hope that helps. xx
        Thank you Masie and Jada. Your explanations are helpful. We know now for certain gg video-shoots never are directed by AW-prescriptions.

Comment

I can only echo what bluelagoon said and thank you Masie and Jada. I can't imagine any other site taking the time and trouble to answer questions like this. It's always really interesting to find out how things are done and also a little bit deflating to realise that you're at least two steps ahead of any questions I raise!

Comment

hi Jada, this is the way it come across to me,I really enjoyed -well drooled might be the more appropriate word. Both the one with Kenji and the one with Noa.

Comment

Keep the questions coming boomertoo, we are always happy to answer questions, we want to be as open as possible as at it s core, abbywinters is a natural site, so there is usually no big secrets, we just set up reality and film it.

Comment

I love that we can just do whatever we feel like during shoots.. We are free to explore the area that we are in and each other and do things that we have always wanted to do.. like have sex on a balcony at daylight, in a hammock, up against a window or super comfy in a soft bed.. If I suddenly get an idea I can just go for it.. its so much fun :P xxx Noa

Comment

You do whatever you want? Then why do you have plush dummies used to illustrate how to have "lesbian" sex.

Comment

Our plush dummies (Mary and Jane) are not just for models, they allow us shooters to look at the best angles to capture different positions from so everyone can really see the details of what the ladies are doing. We introduced Mary and Jane to our models when they first show an interest in doing a girl girl scene and we use them for woman to explore their own individual likes in a camera esk environment, to help them explore possibilities. For example we discuss how lovely it can be to enjoy the whole experience of your shoot and not to feel pressure to take turns as giver and reciever, and that is ok to also enjoy the moment as you give and the ladies can explore ways of doing this with the dolls, however it is their ideas not ours they are exploring, we just ask the initial question and personally I think having these discussions where we encourage the woman to honestly be themselves and have sex the way they want to, helps to take a lot of fear out of that first shoot when the time comes around.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of filming Gisela and Anahi together and Gisela had brought her favorite pink onezie. While I was setting up my lights I asked if they wanted to explore fun ways it could be used, it was not my idea, she brought what she wanted to use and I just asked the question and when they had sex, they climbed in a leg each and tied their bodies tightly together and both had two incredible orgasms.

I give the exact same advice before every abbywinters lesbian video, 'do what you want to, if it feels right for you and your partner you can do whatever you like, have fun and i'll see you at the end' As a natural site we don't want to tell woman how to do what they want to do it would defeat the purpose of what we stand for and to be honest would get really boring, if there was only me Misha and Izzy projecting our sexual ideas onto everyshoot everything would be really samey

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post
                      Yesterday I had the pleasure of filming Gisela and Anahi together and Gisela had brought her favorite pink onezie. While I was setting up my lights I asked if they wanted to explore fun ways it could be used, it was not my idea, she brought what she wanted to use and I just asked the question and when they had sex, they climbed in a leg each and tied their bodies tightly together and both had two incredible orgasms.
                      I just saw that Picture of the Day. Is it safe to assume they didn't 69?

Comment

My original question has been expertly answered so this is another related question/suggestion.

Not strictly "rehearsal" perhaps but could scenes be set occasionally with an initial shot away from the final location? The best example of this is Cleo-Larissa although Angie-Chloe also qualifies nicely.

One reason for asking is that this could allow for some variety in dress, a topic covered on another thread. As an example: a girls night out where models could wear more formal dress, with the initial "innocent" shot being done on the streets and the main shoot starting as they enter the room. Knowing the site limitations offered by The Netherlands this could also be used for swimwear (goodness knows when that last appeared!).

I understand Masie when she talks of shooting reality and that this perhaps would tend to introduce an element of fantasy to the scene; but then a little fantasy is sometimes welcome!

Thoughts please?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X