Who has time??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has time??

Just wondering how members are able to keep up with all their AW video watching.

We have recently had the mammoth 1 hour 50 min "feature shoot" and now another over 50 minute solo video with many others over 40 mins long.

So was wondering are members still watching every video from start to finish? Did they ever?

I do find I skim shoots way more than I did when they were under 20 mins each. But then again I grew up in the "MTV generation" (short attention span) so I may have an excuse .

Don't get me wrong, the quality is great and more time we have of a model on video is never a bad thing, it's just how do you find the time to watch them all??

Interested to know what others think.

Pinky

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
    Just wondering how members are able to keep up with all their AW video watching.

We have recently had the mammoth 1 hour 50 min "feature shoot" and now another over 50 minute solo video with many others over 40 mins long.

So was wondering are members still watching every video from start to finish? Did they ever?

I do find I skim shoots way more than I did when they were under 20 mins each. But then again I grew up in the "MTV generation" (short attention span) so I may have an excuse .

Don't get me wrong, the quality is great and more time we have of a model on video is never a bad thing, it's just how do you find the time to watch them all??

Interested to know what others think.

Pinky
    Wish Garion and Co. would copy the technology used at Videobox.com... You can split the videos there any way you want from any point in the video. I'm not sure how they do it but its brilliant.

Comment

Two hours is movie length! So I watched the shoot with Satine and Masie over three viewings, skipping forward each time to where I last left it. Well worth watching it all!

I have noticed the "creep" in length in recent shoots and I can't say that I'm entirely happy with it. I think 40 minutes for a DIM is overly long and the entire conversation between the models , while interesting to a point, is probably not all necessary. I recently watched the DIM with Jilly and Julia B which I think is one of the best on the site. Total time is around 25 minutes but, interestingly, this had been edited down with a couple of not-so-clear breaks. http://www.abbywinters.com/video_mas...a_b/video/clip. Maybe this could be done with more shoots.

At 50 minutes the latest solo with Virginie is definitely overlong, much as I enjoyed watching and listening to this lovely girl. I think this could have been split into two shorter videos and still been just as good - plus we get to see her twice! There again, maybe I do have a shorter attention span than I used to!
      Last edited by boomertoo; 5 December 2014, 04:49 AM.

Comment

40 min for a DIM is really long - I know what you mean about excess conversation, but I think, as a model, when you're in the situation, and bear in mind that in some of these, its the first time a girl has done anything like this, you need a little bit of conversation to remove awkwardness. I can see an argument to err on the long side, since its not like you can't fast forward, and you might remove something that someone else really loves (maybe?)

Comment

Hi Renae
          If you're answering my post I'm stunned because I was still editing it, then when I hit the SAVE button there was your reply. This means you must be faster than Supergirl!

On the topic in question: I can see your point regarding new models, so perhaps a little leeway can be allowed them. For more experienced models then maybe not. One interesting thing I've noticed is that in earlier times models were quite often paired together for DIMs and T3 shoots. This is something which seems to happens rarely nowadays. I wonder that pairing for both shoots would help models achieve a better connection with their partner, especially if the DIM went well? Any thoughts on this?

Comment

I assume that when you guys mention 40min long DIMs that you might be referring to mine with Beatrix--I just want to say, I had NO IDEA it was that long!! Like Renea said, it was both of our first times doing a DIM, we were super nervous and didn't know what to do or when we should start masturbating, so we just kept talking. In the moment it didn't feel like we had really talked for that long before the "action" started, so I was shocked to see that the video was 41 minutes with no editing! I fully expected AW to edit it a bit to cut down the length, and I fully agree with you members that all of this buildup conversation is not necessary to keep in the video--I feel like most of it is just to make the models feel more comfortable, and while it's important for the models, I don't think it's very interesting for the viewers
            Even myself I often skim the videos, I like watching them to admire the other models and to see how the shoot was done etc, but like you guys there is just no way I have time to sit down and watch the whole thing.

Comment

I don't mind longer vids myself, I can skip forward as needed (the now probably less known FF button on vcr's ;-)

I like long solo vids actually, better to get to know the model. And longer DIMs can be fun, Claudia S made some which were fairly long ;P

I have become somewhat more selective on what and when to watch. I tend to download vids over time and then watch a bunch of them together. But indeed, watching all material full-length as released would take a lot of time

Comment

I have to agree with Frans, I prefer the longer vids. I will always skim through the vids upon first downloading to make sure that they are all there and all working (have occasionally had internet glitches and had to redownload a video or two in my visits here).

Then later when I have spare time I sit down and watch the video in it's entirety usually while I'm checking emails or something else for the slight lulls in action or conversation.

When I need that quick fix there are plenty of vids that just get straight down to it, and they are great for that, but I adore the longer videos and the wealth of knowledge and rapport you get with the model. I have often felt that some videos have even been too short, cutting out just when I was really feeling a connection with the model.

However, I am a fan of AW no matter what, long or short, I care not so long as the fun stays in the shoots I'm happy.

Comment

I think that it would be better to have many shorter shoots (<20min).
                  Thanks to that, it would only take a few minutes to discover a new model.
                  And we could still take some time to watch more shoots from the models we really like.

Comment

I obviously don't mind the longer videos ( specifically the Dim's ) since i posted favourable comments in a couple of videos, namely Claudia & Caisa's and Jada & Beatrix's. I find two models interacting, sharing, being spontaneous, funny just as entertaining as the solo shoots...but that's just me. Plus the fact that THEY ARE a rarity which makes them even more unique and interesting, especially if the models " click " as was with the aforementioned............once in a blue moon a 40min.+ video is fine with me.

J.O.E.W.H.O..... ( Just One Entity With His Opinion )
                    Last edited by tjsunray; 6 December 2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I didn't even think about DIM's when I wrote my post.

I am a fan of un-editored DIM's I do like the build up between to two models, Claudia & Caisa's is a great example. Not such a big fan when there is a make up a story to start a DIM (or G/G) shoot.

But real interaction between the models is always great to see and would be a shame to loose it.

It just leaves me with the problem of finding enough hours in the day to watch them all

Comment

Originally posted by panaflex View Post
                        Wish Garion and Co. would copy the technology used at Videobox.com... You can split the videos there any way you want from any point in the video. I'm not sure how they do it but its brilliant.
                        Does it allow you to switch between camera angles in the same video whenever you like?

Comment

Simple, I don't watch them all. I usually download the movies, rather than stream. I don't try and collect everything on the site and I often I put on more than one video at a time, and also fast forward or skip around. I haven't gotten to the point that I'll edit the videos myself to just get parts I might like, since that seems like more trouble than it's worth. I don't mind them longer, but if they start getting longer than an hour tops, I think it would generally be too much. But then again, if it's exciting content, like marathon origies, tantric sex or something, I probably would not mind longer videos.

Comment

I do not think 40min. is too long, but 2 hours is too long. It would be better to have it in three or four videos. But I love your unedited videos. So please keep everything. I love every bit of it, including your back stage videos. I do not want to miss them.

Comment

It's too long for me. I chose not to download it.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                              Working...
                              X