Slow Site, problem with zipped images, movies don't start donwloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Site, problem with zipped images, movies don't start donwloading

What is going on? Since some days this site is unusable!
    The problem with the zipped images exist since I was here the first time. But the other problems are new....

Erm.. a bit more details please? I just download a zip of the recent backstage set and that went fine. There were some video download slowdowns reported a week ago but those have been fixed.

Comment

Not sure if this is the same problem but I've tried twice to download Virginie's new solo shoot and the speed is very slow - right now it's running between 90 - 120KB/sec with an estimated time of around 40 minutes.
      There was a similar problem recently but then things were soon back to normal.

Comment

boomer, which file/type are you trying to download of that shoot? And what does the url/link to it start with, the part before .abbywinters.com

Comment

HI Frans
          I downloaded the MP4 version from the thumbnail - this is the url of the shoot:http://www.abbywinters.com/nude_girl...nie/video/clip
          File did download eventually - took around 35 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by boomertoo View Post
            HI Frans
            I downloaded the MP4 version from the thumbnail - this is the url of the shoot:http://www.abbywinters.com/nude_girl...nie/video/clip
            File did download eventually - took around 35 minutes.
            Good you got it downloaded in the end There are three types of mp4 movie; lq/hq/hd I'm guessing you use hq?

Comment

Hi Frans

No, downloaded lq. Things were OK until recently then there was a couple of "slow" days. After that OK but having similar problem again at the moment so now wondering if it's due to my computer rather than the site. I'm downloading Demi's and also Amaya's vids and the speed is up and down - anything from 120KB/sec to just 30.
              Last edited by boomertoo; 6 December 2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Gave up yesterday as download took way too long. Trying again today but having the same problem so wondering if it's due to my computer or is anyone else having problems?

Comment

Hi boomertoo.

I've only been a member of abbywinters for a few months but in reply to your question, I have not had any problems with downloading the latest video updates, I always choose the HD version if available which takes an average of about 25 mins at speeds of up to and above 1 mb/sec.

The only problem I have encountered is when trying to download HD versions of video's that are over a year old, but weirdly when I give it a couple of days then try again the same video downloads without a problem.

For your info, I use both a Windows 7 PC and a Windows 8.1 laptop to access the site using Firefox as my primary web browser, have also used Internet Explorer as well with good results.

I hope you get your problem sorted.

Comment

Thanks Havijack

I'm using my PC for downloading, using Windows XP and Firefox as browser. Never had problems until recently so not sure what the reason. As I'm technically illiterate I need all the help I can get!

Comment

Downloaded the same file you mentioned again and it works for me. Is this the only file you have this problem with?

Do you have a good speed downloading from other (not-AW) sites?
                      (if not, try power off your cable/dsl modem, wait a few minutes and power-on again)

Comment

Hi Frans

I don't download from anywhere else - used to have membership with a couple of other sites but after joining AW they became dull and uninteresting. AW's just too good (even if I do tend to moan a bit)!
                        Will try your suggestion and let you know if it works - thanks.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                        Working...
                        X