Some Videos will not Start Downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Videos will not Start Downloading

Hi, I have some DL problems. Win 8, Chrome, Different browsers do not work. I'll go to a GG vid, like, Laurin_michelle and click to download SQ. I'm able to get 1 or 2 videos to start downloading but then the third or fourth one will do nothing. I'll refresh page, nothing, refresh, nothing, refresh and all of a sudden it will start. It does not seem to be a problem with any particular videos. For ex. I might look up Patience, go to all of her videos, then click on...let's say, one of her GG videos. I might click on the third part and it will start DL, then click on first part and it starts downloading, then when I click on the second part it does nothing. I hope you can help. Love the site and all the beautiful work. Thank you.

'does nothing' means what.. it does not start downloading at all, do you get an error screen? If you get an error screen do you get it immediately or after waiting some time?

Comment

No. No error screen. The whole page just does nothing. It's like clicking a link and nothing happens, you just stay on the same page and it looks like it wants to do something.

Comment

Here's the page I just tried, http://www.abbywinters.com/video_mas...s_2/video/clip There is an error at the bottom that says "waiting for available socket"

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixeuro View Post
          Here's the page I just tried, http://www.abbywinters.com/video_mas...s_2/video/clip There is an error at the bottom that says "waiting for available socket"
          Ok, that's helpful. What were you trying to do, download a video or play it? If download, which type/quality file? Also the download link, what does it start with? I.e. what is before the abbywinters.com part?

Has this problem been the same for you the last few days? Meaning; does it always affect the same files ?

As luck would have it, it now works for me of course.. that figures.

Comment

I'm trying Firefox right now. I'll let you know

Comment

Nope. Not working either. It almost seems to be on my end. Maybe? Like I can't DL more than 6 at a time? Does that sound right?

Comment

Nope. Not working either. It almost seems to be on my end. Maybe? Like I can't DL more than 6 at a time? Does that sound right?
                At the same time as in parallel? I don't think it's limited but would recommend downloading serially instead of parallel simply because you get complete files earlier and once a file is complete it's safe from network interruptions

What are you doing that gets you the error, having 6 downloads running of what type file (hq or hd for example) ?

And you then always get "waiting for available socket" on the webpage itself ? (is it a normal AW webpage or all white?) If possible post a screenshot of that situation/page, like so: http://www.abbywinters.com/help/faqs...hq2#ScreenShot

Comment

Here is a screenshot. Now on this one I let it sit there and load after I clicked HQ. As soon as one of the six was done DLing, this one started to DL.?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Woops, this ones better. Sorry
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is my DL page
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's what it looks like when I cannot DL any more.

Comment

Ah... Chrome has a build-in limit of max. six downloads per server. You may have only hit this limit now because the download-server-system was reorganized, meaning a lot of content now comes from what your browser *thinks* is one server.

Chrome bug: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/i...etail?id=12066

Not fixable in Chrome, use a download manager to queue downloads or Firefox for downloads.

Comment

Ok. I really appreciate all the help. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                              Ok, that's helpful. What were you trying to do, download a video or play it? If download, which type/quality file? Also the download link, what does it start with? I.e. what is before the abbywinters.com part?

Has this problem been the same for you the last few days? Meaning; does it always affect the same files ?

As luck would have it, it now works for me of course.. that figures.
                              I am having similar issues, I think. Seems to only happen to videos where the link is hwca.abbywinters.com/whatever

I use firefox.

right click - save as, then on my downloads, it shows as 'unknown time remaining - 0 bytes' After a minute or two it will show as a completed download with size of 0 bytes.

If I directly click the download link the tab shows as 'connecting...', I eventually get an error 504 gateway time-out

If I go to the link shown in the quote and attempt to play the video, I just see the load animation, eventually timed out and the video screen I think displayed the full link. hwca.abbywinters.... Second attempt displayed the start of the video, froze at about 1 second while attempting to load more.

I have got one download to start from hwca.abbywinters, but it is only downloading at ~500-800kbps.

As I said, this is all in firefox, tried logging in on IE and I had the same issue, downloads refused to start.

I rejoined a couple of days ago, downloaded a few videos without issue, then this has been consistently happening with every link starting with hwca, and some of the time with picture sets that start with cdn04 or cdn03. Just attempted to download http://cdn03.abbywinters.com/_dzip/c...over_girls.zip first attempt didn't start, second attempt started and froze at 25/42 Mb, paused & resumed and it was back to 'unknown time remaining - 0 bytes' which became 'failed' after a minute or so. 3rd attempt downloaded ok.

Comment

I have the same problem with Internet explorer since a few days. First off all the checkboxes are no longer indicating HD or SD. When I click on mp4 to start the download it starts streaming. (My preferences are correct). Using the disc icon in the video page, I keep on having waiting for hweu,abbywinters.com.When I use firefox I don't have this issue. Are any changes made lately, before it was working fine.

Update: using the disc icon has the same effect it starts streaming. So sownload no longer possible with IE. No issue with images.

Comment

Which shoot are you talking about, need example.

The checkboxes issue is know, but shouldn't impact the problems you mention.

You can force a download (vs. stream) by right-clicking the link and chose 'save link/shortcut as'.

I'm not clear on which issue Firefox does NOT have and IE does?

Comment

The latest all have the same issue. For example Beatrix IM from today. I tried the sae as .. and that works in IE (does the download).
                                    When I click on MP4 IE starts stream Firefox gives a choice where you can select a download.

Comment

You might have unchecked the 'always ask for this type of file' checkbox on a download of an mp4 file in IE. It then always chooses the option you chose at that time, either save or open. For some reason that is quite difficult to reset in IE8 and above, you need to edit registry for it. If you use Firefox as primary AW browser you might not want to bother fixing IE

See this page for some details and options http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com/app...prompt-appears

The easiest fix for IE11 is probably to do a reset (Options -> Advanced, Reset) but that resets quite a lot.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                      Working...
                                      X