weird issue with editing forum posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird issue with editing forum posts

I had to edit a forum post just now, but when I did, something annoying happened. I had used the "heart" smiley, , in the body of the post, and when I reposted, everything after the heart smiley was gone. I had to retype most of the post, and the same thing happened when I reposted (luckily I had copied the revised post). I had to replace the heart smiley to get the post to go through clean...and the same dang thing happened just now when I wrote this post. Sweet Salazar, what's going on here?

Originally posted by Grump35953 View Post
    I had to edit a forum post just now, but when I did, something annoying happened. I had used the "heart" smiley, < 3 , in the body of the post, and when I reposted, everything after the heart smiley was gone. I had to retype most of the post, and the same thing happened when I reposted (luckily I had copied the revised post). I had to replace the heart smiley to get the post to go through clean...and the same dang thing happened just now when I wrote this post. Sweet Salazar, what's going on here?
    testing here.... some more...

Comment

Odd... tried it right now and it seems to work, even managed to get a working heart smiley in your post

You didn't use 'back' to edit a post did you?

Comment

Nope. I did hit the "go advanced" button before editing, if that makes any difference. I can try to recreate the scenario, but it'll have to wait until tonight.

Comment

Okay. I just put up three two-sentence posts in the Test Message forum, all three prepared in different ways, all three with the heart smiley, < 3 , at the end of the first sentence. You can see the specifics in that forum. After I posted all three, I went back and added the words "Hi, Mirai!" at the start of all three. (What can I say? She has beautiful eyes. ) When I hit the "Save Changes" button, the words I added were there, but the heart smiley, and everything that followed it were gone. In all three, I inserted the smiley instead of typing it in, two as I wrote, one in pasted-in text. So, what the heck is going on when I try to edit? Until this gets sorted out, I'll avoid that smiley. Thanks.
          Last edited by Grump35953; 10 December 2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

No idea what's causing that weird reaction, might be something deeper inside forum software.

To work around that I've added a icon with name :heart

Comment

And as you can see from my previous post, it works! Thanks, Franz!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
              Working...
              X