Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free membership months for helping to organise content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free membership months for helping to organise content?

Hi

For some time I have been considering offering free membership months to folks who help us organise our content in specific ways. I was thinking something like this:

• Watch a few training videos: 2 hours (one time only)
    • Spend ~10 hours organising content

Get a free month (ie, if rebilling monthly, and due to rebill on Jan 28, we'd reset your next bill date to be Feb 28, so you get a month's free access). If you're considering this as a fulltime job, don't!

You need to be reasonably computer-literate, be able to spend the time, enjoy AW content and know a bit about it and be able to follow clear directions (though there is a lot of room for interpretation). Ideal for people who enjoy classifying and organizing things.

Anyone interested in something like that? For people who do a good job, it may be possible to 2, 3 or even six months free.
    Last edited by garionhall; 31 December 2014, 07:08 AM. Reason: added requirements.

Garion, are there any specific requirements, expertise, etc, you're looking for in people who do this?

Comment

boomer, good point, I have edited my post above to include that info.

Comment

Garion - can you more sperciifc about what content you had in mind? We are not, presumably, talking about image slection or changes to the site layout, so it's a lttle hard to see what content there is to organise.

Comment

Might be something with applying/removing tags?

A little more detail on 'organizing content' would be useful, the 'viewing training vid' thing I suppose is just providing feedback on it?

Then again, you could view it as merely asking if you'd want to spend say 10 hours doing something for the site and in exchange getting free membership-time.

Comment

The work involved is around improving and expanding Fetish pages (www.abbywinters.com/fetish). How specifically to do that will be covered in the Training.

Comment

Garion
              Point 1: I’m modestly computer literate. Example: I couldn’t figure why downloading was really slow so had to ask the Support Centre for help. I used to regularly update my own website, ie:upload and arrange images, text, etc. Can give you URL if you want to see. Given clear instructions I can work through most things though.
              Point 2: Right now have got plenty of time!
              Point 3: I love AW content and do know about the site, having been all over it!
              Point 4: Enjoy classifying and organising.

If I qualify I would be interested. AW is a great site and I believe quite unique so, as a member, I would be happy just to help out in making any improvements, not for the free membership. (The occasional multi-model shoot would be enough to make me happy!)
              Last edited by boomertoo; 1 January 2015, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Garion!

This sounds really good!
                I am constantly mildly annoyed by tagging habits and other organizing features and would love to help!
                I am a software developer for now about 20 years
                (but I don't consider building web sites as software developing ;-))
                And I don't need free months, you may give that to somebody else if you like
                And I can spend ~10 hours a week to help!
                I would love that...

Peter

Comment

wow, thanks guys for your generous offer! I am working on materials to facilitate this, I should have some stuff ready in the next two weeks.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X