Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AW Education: What text message should I send when I get a girls number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW Education: What text message should I send when I get a girls number?

AW Education: What text message should I send when I get a girls number??
    Attached Files

Another question for the models: What if the guy doesn't have a mobile phone? Would you hold that against him?

Comment

As someone who barely understands her mobile phone I think for me it would be a plus. I quite liked my dating experiences before I had a phone, heading to the agreed meeting place at the correct time and having that nervous energy - will they show up, are they just late, its more exciting when you cant just text of call someone to find out. With that said they would need to provide some useful method of me being able to reach them, a land line, an e-mail or something.

Comment

I agree with laktor. I don't own a cell phone, I will never own a cell phone, and I think they should be outlawed....no one NEEDS a cell phone, they are just a convenience....a rude convenience. Why anyone thinks that they need to be contacted 24/7 with a cell phone is beyond me, but I'm not that important enough to feel that I need to be able to be contacted 24/7. Also, 98-99 percent of all cell phone calls are worthless calls, so those calls never needed to be made.

Since I don't own a cell phone and I'm not able to text (texting is yet another annoyance with cell phones), if a woman gave me her phone number, I'd actually call her and talk to her, instead of texting her, and ask her out on a date, I mean, isn't that what people do?....texting is just rude and inconsiderate, whereas actually talking to the person is the polite and proper thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dekoda View Post
          I agree with laktor. I don't own a cell phone, I will never own a cell phone, and I think they should be outlawed....no one NEEDS a cell phone, they are just a convenience....a rude convenience. Why anyone thinks that they need to be contacted 24/7 with a cell phone is beyond me, but I'm not that important enough to feel that I need to be able to be contacted 24/7. Also, 98-99 percent of all cell phone calls are worthless calls, so those calls never needed to be made.

Since I don't own a cell phone and I'm not able to text (texting is yet another annoyance with cell phones), if a woman gave me her phone number, I'd actually call her and talk to her, instead of texting her, and ask her out on a date, I mean, isn't that what people do?....texting is just rude and inconsiderate, whereas actually talking to the person is the polite and proper thing to do.
          Well, while I do think cell phones aren't really needed (it wasn't that long ago that we all managed to get along without them), I say to each their own, but even though I do own a basic cell phone (not a smartphone) that I use very rarely, mostly just to tell time instead of owning a watch, I also would call the woman and not use the text function. I absolutely despise texting and refuse to do it at all.

Comment

When I moved to The Netherlands to work for abby one of the best things was not having a phone, I didn't have a land line and never got a new dutch number and it was bliss being off the grid. Then my sister had some babies and my family started sending messages through whats app. Now I am possibly the most grumpy person int he world when it comes to new tech (that's none camera related ) and the whole - why not use an app for everything # these things, really winds me up however I was suddenly aware that my whole family were all in touch and I was being left out. I got a new phone and now every few days I open it up to find pictures of my sisters family in our family group chat thing and it is nice when I watch the rugby (six nations going well for England should you care) to be able to feel close to my family as if I was back home we would all watch together. So yes phones can be very annoying especially when people are loud on them in public but as someone who lives in a different country to their loved ones, I find it a nice tool to feel close - they are only a call away if I need them.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
            Working...
            X