Failed - Server problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed - Server problem

I just signed back up after cancelling years ago. Back then everything worked fine.

Now I can't download videos. The picture collections can download, and the "tour" videos on the first page (before login) can download. But every video (MPEG or MP4) instantly fails.

If I left click on the link, it takes me to a new blank page and just sits there. The address bar says this...

<<link removed, will forward to customer support -Frans>>

If I right click and "Save link as", I tell it where to save the file (has correct file name) and it doesn't even attempt to download, just says "Failed - Server problem" on the download popup.

I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome, but IE has the same problem. I also tried a Windows 7 laptop and had the same problem.

I should point out that, after I signed up, the page it had me on saying what my login details were, and to not close the page until I confirmed that I received an email from AbbyWinters.com. That page had a link to start using the site and it took me to a page that just said "We're experiencing temporary difficulties." The address of this page was the same as the one I put above. Even now if I click that link, I get this temporary difficulties page.

Maybe because this is an old account that I have got going again, I don't know.
    Last edited by Frans; 7 March 2015, 09:07 AM. Reason: removed link

Hi, I've removed that link as it contains possible login info (will forward post to account support with link intact).

Can you go to say http://www.abbywinters.com/video_mas...doors/maylin_3 and download that vid ?

What if you *right* click the download link and save it that way?

You may want to go to preferences (right top, 'My Account' -> Preferences) locate

'Download preferences' and set 'Video download' to "Download videos"

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. The Maylin videos don't work either.

I checked the preferences and it was already set to "Download videos".

I tried the streaming option and that wouldn't work either. Instead of playing the video it brings up a black box with what looks like the address of the video and it says at the top "Video no found:"

The methods I'm trying are left click on the link, and right click then save as.

I save things off the internet all the time. This seems like I just don't have access to videos.

I just found some WMV's they also don't work.

My login is clearly working because I can download the picture zips. Either left click or right click, both work perfectly.

Comment

What is the username you use to login to the site ? (NOT the password, just the username)

Comment

FractalCore

Comment

Originally posted by FractalCore View Post
            FractalCore
            Ok. I asked 'cos when I checked that account it had 'download videos' set to 'streaming'. Looks ok now, .

Could you copy/paste a link of a video that fails to download?

Did you try logging out and back in again? Could you try this on browser with all abbywinters.com cookies removed (close browser, re-open browser after removing cookies) ?

If that doesn't help please create a website-support ticket here: http://www.abbywinters.com/help/support . Include a link to a videofile you tried to download and error you get please.

Comment

This is link to a video of Brandy which doesn't work. Right click copy link address, pasted here...

I just removed all cookies, closed and reopened Chrome, and it's still the same.

I just sent a bug report from that page, thanks.

Comment

So this has not started working. Tech support tried but have no idea what's wrong. According to them I should be able to download videos. They weren't helpful beyond that.

I've been signed up for over a week now, and have not been able to download a single video. The abbywinters website seems to have decided my account doesn't have access to videos. The fault doesn't seem to be on my end.

You can probably track the fact that I've downloaded nothing but a few pictures zips. Is there some kind of method of refund, or can I get a new fresh account or something. What happens now?

Comment

Originally posted by FractalCore View Post
                  Is there some kind of method of refund, or can I get a new fresh account or something. What happens now?
                  Yep, this case has stumped me. Good idea, though - I've refunded and closed your account. You're free to rejoin and try accessing content on a fresh one, let's see if that works?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X