New small feature: Browse pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New small feature: Browse pages

You may not have noticed, but as discussed on this thread, there's a new layout for pages for Guests (that is, people who are not logged in to the AW site), that looks fantastic (we reckon). You can see it if you log out of AW, or open AW in a different web browser that you are logged out of.

Part of that project, is every shoot and model on the site has a "feature image" set (some programmatically, some by hand). The intent of the feature image is to represent this shoot (or model) as best as possible in one landscape image. Sometimes we have a perfect image for this, other times we do not,unfortunately. But right now, every shoot on the site has SOMETHING set as their feature image.

Now, we're bringing the feature-image concept to customers as well: instead of representing models and shoots by "profile images" (smaller, portrait-style images, that seldom show nudity), we're now representing shoots by sample images - larger, and more representative (we hope) and more engaging.

Part of this release is to add the "tessellated" layout to the browse page (like the image gallery pages, and fetish pages), and add infinite scrolling (also known as lazy loading), instead of paginated results. The default sort is random. I think it looks super - exposes a lot of interesting aspects of our content in a useful way. As always, your feedback is welcome. Below, a screenshot of the Browse shoots page.
    Attached Files

The new browse page definitely looks more dynamic. Just have noticed that the previous profile pictures of some models has changed, which as good as always was a representative picture of their face. All those with B/G shoots now have the B/G shoot picture as their EDIT: "feature image". Just my opinion that for the Model image on the upper left, you can use EDIT: another one as her "feature image" and not the one from their BG shoot.
    Last edited by dropshop; 17 March 2015, 02:09 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Hey dropshop, I am not following you - can you make a screen cap to show what you mean?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gisela.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	647577
        Have checked a few of the newly designed pages and like in this example for Gisela their new "feature image" instead of the previous "profile images" is the same one like the first in order (Boy-Girl) right next to the Model Info Box.
        This just concerns Model pages who have a B/G-Shoot. Maybe select one "feature image" for the Info Box from her Solo IM/DIM or G/G shoots. Could be the system just set it up to use the last listed Shooting "feature image" for the Info Box.
        Last edited by dropshop; 17 March 2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Dropshop, ah yes, I see what you mean. In that example, I'd say that's a poor image to use to represent her as a model, and poor to represent the shoot, so it needs to be fixed. I have now done so.

Comment

Is there anyway of excluding images from Boy/Girl shoots being used as the profile photo for the model? For example two models on my favorites list, Aletta and Kylie, both use images from their Boy/Girl shoots as their profile pictures.

If possible for the profile photos it would be great if an image could be chosen from one of their solo shoots (preferably showing the model's face), excluding photos from sex shoots (both Boy/Girl and Girl/Girl).

Comment

Trebor, a very good point: Model feature images should always be taken from a solo shoot, not a GG or GB or IM.

Currently, the interface for admins to set feature images is quite clunky, but we'll be releasing a feature shortly to make that easier for admins (showing a selection of all available feature images for all her shoots, instead of EVERY landscape image! So, if a model has 8 shoots, when selecting the feature image, we'll be shown 8 thumbs to choose from).

That's a few weeks away, but we'll make it happen, thanks.

Comment

We had to disable this feature for a while, as it caused an unintended bug. I'll post again when it's back.

Comment

Now re-enabled.

I forgot to mention this also affects Models pages, too - these now show the landscape feature image thumbs to represent shoots. Which I also think is better.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I like it! If I understand correctly there may still be a problem with B/G shots being selected as the model's profile (see Maylin).

Comment

I like it too! It is nice how when you browse models you get to see more of the model, which makes me more likely to click on the model.

Comment

Skin25: Cool, glad you like it!

Paularubens3: Not sure if it's a problem or a preference, but yes, feature images for models sometimes show GB images. We intend to change that.

Comment

On the shoot pages, why is "See more of... These nude girls" mixed with the content of the shoots?
                          It's difficult to see what is the content of the shoot and what is other informations.
                          I think that it would be be better if it was placed as "xxx has played nude with..." on the models pages.

Comment

A change unwelcome !

Hello! I am an old your subscriber for about 10 years, I congratulate you for everything, but I have to report a change that I did not like at all: once the models were dressed in the previews, so I had the taste to strip them slowly and this was very exciting. Today in the photo preview are already completely naked, and sometimes even in explicit poses. This takes away in my opinion all the pleasure of waiting and the taste of strip them slowly... I'd like to know if anyone else think like me. I would love that you could return to the old way, with models appearing dressed in preview!

Thanks for listening to me and sorry for my English, I'm Italian

Comment

I on the other hand think the new setup is great as it is like a preview into the shoot, and it makes me much more likely to want to view that shoot. Plus I'm finding interesting shoots that I have not seen before and more pictures and videos of girl's anuses.

Comment

Originally posted by redlabka View Post
                                On the shoot pages, why is "See more of... These nude girls" mixed with the content of the shoots?
                                It's difficult to see what is the content of the shoot and what is other informations.
                                I think that it would be be better if it was placed as "xxx has played nude with..." on the models pages.
                                That box is placed either below the shoot information/rave-box or as last item of the shoot content. I don't see it 'mixed', could you describe or post a screenshot?

Comment

I think redlabka means whats I have indicated in the image below. I am pretty sure that's where they were beforehand, but being landscape now means they do look similar to the video and promo panels.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	647597

A logical place for them could be on the left (as on Model pages), but that makes the page much higher than it needs to be, and requires a scroll for some screens. Instead, we should distinguish the panel more from the others somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                    I think redlabka means whats I have indicated in the image below. I am pretty sure that's where they were beforehand, but being landscape now means they do look similar to the video and promo panels.

A logical place for them could be on the left (as on Model pages), but that makes the page much higher than it needs to be, and requires a scroll for some screens. Instead, we should distinguish the panel more from the others somehow...
                                    Yeah that's where they've always been indeed, you could color the background of the 'see more of..' header differently?

Comment

On a 1920x1200 screen, the models' pictures aren't separated from the rest:

Name:	widescreen.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	647598

Comment

Ah yes, confirmed on 1920 the models box moves to the same row as content. You'd prefer to see on a row below the content, correct?

Comment

Well the page is dynamic / responsive, the panels shuffle around depending on your viewport size. Here's what it looks like on my 30" screen:

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	647599

And on a narrower screen:

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	647600

Comment

Originally posted by edonardo View Post
                                            Hello! I am an old your subscriber for about 10 years, I congratulate you for everything, but I have to report a change that I did not like at all: once the models were dressed in the previews, so I had the taste to strip them slowly and this was very exciting. Today in the photo preview are already completely naked, and sometimes even in explicit poses. This takes away in my opinion all the pleasure of waiting and the taste of strip them slowly... I'd like to know if anyone else think like me. I would love that you could return to the old way, with models appearing dressed in preview!
                                            Edonardo, your English is excellent!

I appreciate what you are saying, but we do not plan to switch back at this stage, sorry. Our goal is to expose the "scent" of a shoot to a wide range of tastes, and the previous approach (which you enjoyed) actually HID some of the features of shoots we should expose to customers.

Comment

As far as layout of the shootpage is concerned, the question is would it really look better like this on larger screens?
                                              Much empty space this way, prefer a colored background/header then.

Name:	shootpage-clear-all-model-div.jpg
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	647601

Comment

Now I'm going to be a misery and say that I do not like the new system. Personal opinion: the images are too large, the pages now appear "cluttered" and the amount of BTS shoots add extra confusion (would like to see these seperated from the rest). For me the site is now slower loading even though I've switched my preference to paginated.

I appreciate the rationale behind this and the amount of work that has gone into it but I found the old system was nice and simple and worked well (though did have a minor problem or two) and the smaller thumbnails allowed more info on each page. Plus it was fun trolling through and finding that odd shoot suddenly appearing! Personally I liked seeing the models dressed in the thumbnails - it added to that "amateur" feeling. Ah, well, the price of progress!

Just a thought: listing shoots on each models page in date order rather than category would give a nice "flow" to their time with Abby and maybe prompt members to view different shoots as they scroll through?

Still love Abby and all those wonderful models!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                Working...
                                                X