Cant see video on streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant see video on streaming

I cant see video and Shoot Preview, on streaming (on the web page) I click on flv or resize player but it doesn't work.

I have this message: " Error loading media: file could not be played"

(I have Windows 8 - I can see video on YouTube. )

Can you specify one or more shoots which you have this problem with?

Please do retry the affected shoots first though, just to make sure the problem still exists.

Comment

I have the same problem on all videos that I've tried to look at on the website.

Comment

Are you both using Internet Explorer? If so, can you try using another browser, either Firefox or Chrome ?

Comment

I test it with Google chrome and it works but not with internet explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by lulu121 View Post
            I test it with Google chrome and it works but not with internet explorer.
            Thanks. That confirms my own tests, have reported the issue to web-team.

Comment

Same problem here on all videos and video previews. Also use internet explorer as my only browser.

Comment

This problem (streaming vids on Internet Explorer) has been fixed, please retry and post if it still occurs for you.

Comment

I would recommend switching to Chrome, Firefox or even Opera.

IE was pre-installed for a long time in Windows, but since Microsoft won't continue it after Windows 10 later this year, the two other are a better alternative.

PS: Unless someone is so brave to try if the streaming videos would work in Netscape. Oh, good ol times..

Comment

there is a little problem 4 me with IE. Shoot preview is ok (when a small window is open automaticly) but seeing the video on the AW web page work if I click on flv before play. If i click on play first it doesnt work and i should close the page and do again the process.

with Chrome all is ok.
                    Last edited by lulu121; 23 April 2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lulu121 View Post
                      there is a little problem 4 me with IE. Shoot preview is ok (when a small window is open automaticly) but seeing the video on the AW web page work if I click on flv before play. If i click on play first it doesnt work and i should close the page and do again the process.
                      What happens/shows when it doesn't work?

What version of Windows do you use (e.g. XP, Vista, 7 or 8)

Comment

I also have the same problem. None of the recent videos on the home page will play, with the exception of the AW Education video about is it cheating to go to a massage parlour. Same error message: "error loading - file could not be played." I'm running Windows 7 and IE10 is my only installed browser. With subscription renewal imminent, if I can't play the videos, site is not much value. Was it your intention to sideline IE with this streaming upgrade? Didn't see any restrictions noted last week in the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by jetski2436 View Post
                          I also have the same problem. None of the recent videos on the home page will play, with the exception of the AW Education video about is it cheating to go to a massage parlour. Same error message: "error loading - file could not be played." I'm running Windows 7 and IE10 is my only installed browser. With subscription renewal imminent, if I can't play the videos, site is not much value. Was it your intention to sideline IE with this streaming upgrade? Didn't see any restrictions noted last week in the original post.
                          The problem with IE (you should be at IE11 btw if you're on an up-to-date windows7) was a bug, which was fixed several days ago. Of course IE isn't being abandoned, many many people use it.

Please clear your browser cache (Tools menu, Internet Options tab, Delete button, uncheck 'cookies' and 'preserve favorites', be sure to check 'temporary internet files'; press ok, exit IE). Then try to view the streaming of Claudia S' IM:

only press the play button in the middle, that alone should be enough to start video.

if that does NOT work, click on 'Change streaming format to: FLV' and try if that plays.

Comment

Neither with Firefox nor with IE it is possible to view streaming videos (none).

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                            Originally posted by jetski2436 View Post
                            The problem with IE (you should be at IE11 btw if you're on an up-to-date windows7) was a bug, which was fixed several days ago. Of course IE isn't being abandoned, many many people use it.

Please clear your browser cache (Tools menu, Internet Options tab, Delete button, uncheck 'cookies' and 'preserve favorites', be sure to check 'temporary internet files'; press ok, exit IE). Then try to view the streaming of Claudia S' IM:

only press the play button in the middle, that alone should be enough to start video.

if that does NOT work, click on 'Change streaming format to: FLV' and try if that plays.
                            Neither with Firefox nor with IE it is possible to view streaming videos (none). Windows 7 is up-to-date.

Comment

Originally posted by olaf69 View Post
                              Neither with Firefox nor with IE it is possible to view streaming videos (none). Windows 7 is up-to-date.
                              What message do you get if any, what do you see/do ?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                              Working...
                              X