Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its got to be better (more close-ups in vids please!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its got to be better (more close-ups in vids please!)

Just came back after a few months to see newest G/G shoots,
    and again you really don't know what your doing, you set up the
    camera's at a medium length which you then maintain for the whole
    shoot, it's very frustrating and annoying, no up close and personal
    moments, just the same medium distance shoot throughout, it's lazy,
    it's like your videographers have no interest or lack of in the
    girl/girl shoot, but of course then check out the B/G shoot where
    they are getting the intimate close up shots, Its got to be better than this.
    can't the one who shoots the B/G shoot the G/G instead ?

Also notice in G/G shoots, one of the girls keeps clothes on, what rule is that ?

and the same format in the solo shoot, no close up of the girls face, but always
    a close up of the chest with bra ?

Sorry to be rude but can you go away again and this time don't come back , if you dislike the way the shoots are filmed this much, then maybe this site is not for you and you should choose an "American" site instead.

The strangest thing with your statement is that you must have paid to view all the shoots you complain about, so you must be happy to waste your money.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the videographers know what they're doing.They might not shoot the vids exactly the way *you* would like them to be, but they're shot that way on purpose not by accident. Most of the shoots are tagged with tags like 'video by ..' which tells you (wait for it...) who shot the vid. So you can easily see who's style you prefer.

As you've seen several g/g shoots on site now, you must know the overall (site) style by now. Judging by your post you'd prefer more close-up. I happen to dislike pretty much any close-ups, if I can see the overall picture I can focus on the 'interesting' part myself just fine. It's matter of different tastes I guess, I'm lucky in that AW shoots lotsa medium shots these days

You'd have a better response to your request/feedback if you write a tiiiiny bit more friendly and constructive btw, just saying..

p.s. I'll change the thread title slightly to make it more specific

Comment

No, I am right, I loved this site, I've come back after a while in hope, but not this time, there is no other site like it, but unfortunately this now includes this one, why are the girl/girl shoots stuck at a medium distance ? they have to get close at some point, same with the solo shoot, the girls have to have close ups, I back tracked and only one girl had a close up face shot and that was because she showed the braces on her teeth, my sub ends in a day and I am off again, I will
        come back and hope the staff will understand, I'm not asking for the site to change, but surely it makes sense that seeing the girls face should be part of
        shoot.

I do miss the Australian days, very badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
          I'm pretty sure the videographers know what they're doing.They might not shoot the vids exactly the way *you* would like them to be, but they're shot that way on purpose not by accident. Most of the shoots are tagged with tags like 'video by ..' which tells you (wait for it...) who shot the vid. So you can easily see who's style you prefer.

As you've seen several g/g shoots on site now, you must know the overall (site) style by now. Judging by your post you'd prefer more close-up. I happen to dislike pretty much any close-ups, if I can see the overall picture I can focus on the 'interesting' part myself just fine. It's matter of different tastes I guess, I'm lucky in that AW shoots lotsa medium shots these days

You'd have a better response to your request/feedback if you write a tiiiiny bit more friendly and constructive btw, just saying..

p.s. I'll change the thread title slightly to make it more specific
          yes, but they seem to be doing the close shots on the boy/girl

Every time I leave feedback I get the same reply, different stokes.

Comment

On this particular subject I have to say that I do like seeing close-ups but not genitalia or what is being performed in that area. Like Frans, if I can see the larger picture I know what's happening and don't need an explicit tour. However some do so I understand their preferences need to be catered for.

My own preference is for close-ups on the models face. What is dsiplayed there can be far more erotic and tell a far better story than simple graphic shots of other "bits". It would be nice to see more such shots edited into the final video. (Hint).

In my humble opinion the following solo shoot by Michelle Flynn remains the best I've seen in this category: starting with super close-ups before finishing with mid-range, it's superb: http://www.abbywinters.com/nude_girls/gilian_6

Comment

I have to make it clear, I am talking facial not genies, 2 girls snogging close and intimate should be a goal of the site, I am not asking for a whole shoot close up, but at points in the video, ALL the recent videos I watch have the camera set in 2 medium-close set ups, and that is lazy, the videos now (and its no secret) come no where near past videos, I don't do passionate kissing seems to be a theme now, they all seem to be teasers leading to the main boy/girl shoot.
              Also I am a big fan of freckles, and when a girl is tagged with freckles but you don't see them close up because the camera doesn't want to show her face is frustrating,
              example in point, kobe, girl with a freckles tag listing, 2 solo shoots, camera went nowhere near her face in both.

also would like to see some nude girl/dressed girl images in the behind the scenes section, like Jamie and Verity used to do.
              Last edited by brody9000; 16 July 2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Thank god your subscription ends in a day so that all of us who like the way the videos are shot can carry on watching them and enjoy some variety in locations, camera work etc ( the recent run of shoots on the farm as an example ). I suggest that you use a popular search engine to find what you want, hopefully this way we won't hear from you again and we can delete this unpopular thread from the forum.

Comment

Thank god your subscription ends in a day
                  That's a bit harsh havijack. We all like different things and Brody is only expressing his disappointment (OK, a bit bluntly!) that what he likes to see rarely appears nowadays.

He is right in one respect in that shoots began with a lot more kissing in the very early days (say around 2004/5/6 or so). Generally speaking this has slowly disappeared over the years, although I wouldn't know why this is so. As someone who enjoys seeing two models in passionate embrace I too am disappointed that for a long while now the lead-in shots consist mostly of a few quick kisses and then straight into the action. I don't know whether this is due to the scenario arranged or the connection between models, or another reason entirely, but I would like to occasionally see shoots where the models took a little more time in building the excitement between them. Perhaps the lovely videographers have an idea of why kissing now plays a lesser role than it once did?

I've already covered my views on close-ups and I'm ever hopeful that the videographers would be able to oblige now and then.

Comment

Hey guys sorry it has taken so long for me to write on this write on this thread - I have been following it.

So we made a camera based decision a few years ago, that we wanted to stop zooming in for CUs and to focus on full lens action - this tends to give a more, 'in the room in the action feel', when looking at footage. A good example of this is when you watch popular sports, the whole thing feels much more real when you have the camera's from the side lines but some of the zoomed in shots say for cricket don't have that same feeling. this is documented in the learn.abbywinetrs pages for anyone who is curious.

Since this thread began I have been looking at our options to find a way to continue to shoot in a continuous flow of action (we do real life events here rather than broken down cut up 'scenes') while also findign a way to get you more CU action with in the main scene without you havign to deal with us getting camera's in frame - the downside to this style of photography. Let me tell you this is not a lazy way to film, it's almost liek a dance between shooters trying to guess where the action may go, the other camera may go and trying not to miss anything. So watch this space you may find some changes.

Regarding the kissing thing, now you point it out that is an interesting change. I will put it to the models and we will see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post
                      Hey guys sorry it has taken so long for me to write on this write on this thread - I have been following it.

So we made a camera based decision a few years ago, that we wanted to stop zooming in for CUs and to focus on full lens action - this tends to give a more, 'in the room in the action feel', when looking at footage. A good example of this is when you watch popular sports, the whole thing feels much more real when you have the camera's from the side lines but some of the zoomed in shots say for cricket don't have that same feeling. this is documented in the learn.abbywinetrs pages for anyone who is curious.

Since this thread began I have been looking at our options to find a way to continue to shoot in a continuous flow of action (we do real life events here rather than broken down cut up 'scenes') while also findign a way to get you more CU action with in the main scene without you havign to deal with us getting camera's in frame - the downside to this style of photography. Let me tell you this is not a lazy way to film, it's almost liek a dance between shooters trying to guess where the action may go, the other camera may go and trying not to miss anything. So watch this space you may find some changes.

Regarding the kissing thing, now you point it out that is an interesting change. I will put it to the models and we will see what happens
                      I'd like to see you in a girl-girl scene again. Yours were really hot.

Comment

Masie, it's wonderful to see you back on the forum again - seems to have been such a long time and I was missing your input!

I understand that CU shots can be tricky but if you could sneak a peek at a models face now and then I would be a happy chappy. As I said, what is seen in her expression often tells all.
                        With the kissing, the "slow build up" and/or passionate embrace do seem to have faded away. Maybe the models believe they need to start serious action quickly? I'm sure you will find a way to figure it out.

I'll second johnross's request! Any chance you might be tempted?

Comment

Originally posted by boomertoo View Post
                          I understand that CU shots can be tricky but if you could sneak a peek at a models face now and then I would be a happy chappy. As I said, what is seen in her expression often tells all.
                          It's not like there are no shots of girls faces in shoots nowadays, come on. There are no super-close-up shots, for which I'm thankful Btw. close-up shots are actually lazier to shoot, as you only have to check/control a smaller view.

Anyway, as for face shots, here you got from a recent g/g ;-)
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	close-enough.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	647709

I of course prefer the shot right after it, which is more zoomed out and shows Ophelia's face looking up to Nichole.

Comment

Masie, thank you for taking the time to respond politely on this issue. I wish the question had been raised more respectfully here, but I had been wondering about the close-ups as well. I really like them and they did seem to be less frequent. I really love the "in the room" feel that give a nice, full view of both girls and how they're interacting, it's very sensual and romantic. But if there's a way to pull it off, it would be nice to have some more close-ups (of the girls' faces and the sexy action) mixed in at some points.

In the 'old days' there were videos that seemed to be made up entirely of close-ups, which is not ideal, and had me wishing for more full lens action like you have now. But with Katherine's return this week, I've been watching some of her past videos, and there's been a nice mix of close-ups and full lens in some of them. If there's a way to do that more without getting cameras in frame, I would love it. That said, the Nichole-Ophelia video already has a nice mix that can be a reference, with the screen shot above and Ophelia's last orgasm standing out. Also, kissing is always nice: I hadn't noticed it diminishing, but it's one of the Abby-est things about AW and it's very welcome whenever it happens.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to respond Masie. I know you work so, so hard to bring us wonderfully sexy shoots every single day. I would never dream of criticizing the beautiful work you do for us, but I appreciate you taking the time to consider ways to make it even sexier. You are awesome!

Comment

Hi all, just wanted to apologize if anyone was offended with my comments on this thread, I guess I was just defending all the staff at AW who I think do an outstanding job from someone who thinks he knows best and starts reply's with a blunt statement like " I am right ", things like that get me really annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by masie View Post

I have to ask Masie, your going for the full in the room action feel ? so why are you not going for that same full in the room action feel with the B/G shoots as well ? they are intimate.

also I have to say again, close-up for me doesn't mean micro close-up, I just want to see the models face in a full screen shot, this is not happening and just once in a shoot isn't much to ask.

sorry but this excuse doesn't wash, I was a member for many years and the style you say is difficult happened throughout, and again, you seem to be doing it with the B/G shoot

instead of looking and making a comparison to a sport event, just watch and copy videos from a few years back, the sport comparison is a cop out, what has it got to do with this site ? and the point here is, it doesn't seem that real, just go and watch Giselle / patience and learn from that,.

Also, I thought maybe the site became lame because it was the loss of Australian girls, but that can't be right because there were English, Irish, American (etc) girls at Abby Winters with the same passion

Comment

Originally posted by brody9000
                                  also I have to say again, close-up for me doesn't mean micro close-up, I just want to see the models face in a full screen shot, this is not happening and just once in a shoot isn't much to ask.
                                  See pic a few posts above you from a very recent shoot

All this thread comes down to is; you want more close-up shots. Explaining why the shoots are currently shot like they are probably won't change your opinion on the need for close-ups Other people might see it differently though, which is probably where the current shoot-style is based on.

I'm fine with the current style, if anything would prefer less close shots. I don't see much use for a face-close-up shot if I can see the girls face already in a medium shot. The medium shot would show me more, so I'd prefer that.

Comment

The one thing that stands out from this thread is that we all have different ideas on how we like to see a scene shot and I'm sure that by now we have totally confused the videographers!

As two cameras are being used perhaps in the end it's more a question of editing than shooting such that the final scenes produced are not all similar but at the same time the interaction between models is presented in the best possible way. Of course, time and cost would have to be factored in to this process.

As Masie is the only one posting here who knows exactly what problems exist when shooting scenes I'm sure she will be talking with the other videographers and come up with ways to keep (mostly!) everyone happy.

Still hoping for more kissing though.

Comment

Yes, I would like to see more kissing! I also like integrated into the video alongside full lens action explicit close-ups of genital play. For this particular viewer this helps facilitate better the fantasy of actually having sex and not just viewing from a distance, although the full lens action is erotic too.

Comment

what I ask for is something that the site should be doing without any prompting, I personally can't stand girls
                                        using toys, but I know people like that so I'm not coming in to say don't do that because I don't like it, the g/g shoots as they stand are not good enough, they are just adequate, excepted for what they are, saying we decided to go for this style and having no verity is lazy, and has the appearance of being lazy, we are not getting up close and personal because the videographer doesn't want to get up close and personal, except when males are involved, lame.

Comment

I am sorry for any offense this reply may cause, but I can't hold back after reading the above statement, please GO NOW !!!, if you have nothing more constructive to say rather than upsetting all the AW staff including the photographers, camera people, the background staff and now the models themselves (with your criticism of their right to use toys if they want to), I think that's up to them to decide.

I normally try to stay away from threads like this but your continuing arrogant attitude ( plus the use of phases like "I'm right, "What I want", "What you should be doing" and especially "You are lazy" ) really have annoyed the hell out of me and I needed to get it out of my system.

Again my apologies to all (apart from the thread starter) if I have overstepped the mark.

Comment

I have read everyone's comments and all I want to finish by saying is that it's good everyone is so passionate about the things we do here and I have taken note of what has been said, everyone's wishes and needs and I will continue to look at what we are doing to see what changes should maybe be made to try and implement your wishes while retaining our vision for what makes abbywinters and the scenes we produce. Not everyone can be happy all the time, as sexual likes and wants and even just the way different people appreciate the medium of film are so different but we try to do our very best for you and for the lovely ladies we work with.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                            Working...
                                            X