spider on the lens during shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spider on the lens during shoot

Our video editor brought me an interesting problem today: in the excellent shoot of Laney and Nichole, a spider crawled on the lens. It's an awesome shot otherwise, and unfortunately, the shot from the other camera is not really usable, so the only alternative is to remove this segment entirely.

Or should we just leave it in?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	g_laney_nicholevid1_BRANDED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	367.2 KB
ID:	664293

If the spider and girls stay in that position it's usable I think (though weird ;-) How long is the spider in-shot ?

This looks like a g/g shoot, aren't those usually shot by live crews? I'm fairly sure they would notice a spider, not exactly a populair critter with females... I'm told

Comment

Lucky blooming spider

Comment

What spider?

Comment

This was on Masie's camera, and she was furiously trying to brush it off without getting bitten and dying (or whatever happens with Dutch spiders...) - it's a credit to her the camera was held so still (we can see some of her spider-distraction work in the other camera, actually, part of what makes that shot unusable).

The spider crawls over the left side of the shot for about 20 seconds - an otherwise excellent 20 seconds!

Comment

I, for one, welcome our new spider overlords to Abby Winters!

Comment

Dutch spiders are never poisonous as far as I know, certainly not as bad as Aussie ones (in case of aussie spider she'd be justified to drop the camera)

20 seconds isn't that long, I'd say leave it in if it helps flow of the scene.

Comment

Given how many outdoors shoots AW has done, I'm a little surprised this doesn't happen more often.

But yes, I vote for leaving it in.

Comment

I would say leave it in. I would like to see as much of Laney and Nichole as possible, and it is Laney's first girl/girl shoot.

Comment

cool, we'll leave it in!

Comment

Oh I just saw this thread! There was an amazing variety of spiders and insects on the farm that day. I noticed two orange bugs having sex next to me at the start of the day... three hours later they were still at it... as we were loaded our stuff into the car to go home they tried to hitch a ride with us on some gear while still having sex. Very sexual bugs...

Comment

If the spider pays for membership I say let him have a peek!

Comment

There's a tuffet joke in here somewhere...

Comment

Leave it in

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                            Working...
                            X