Revised Members news page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frans View Post
    What do you mean by blocked ? Don't you get a popup window, does the video not play, do you get a access-denied message... what ?

For me the popup's show and video plays ok.
    Thank you Frans! Since today all is back to normal, by itself.

Comment

Couple of other points about the new layout;

1. Latest updates has a filter and a layout selector (lines or pics), please store both choices for future viewing
      2. The News rave is useless in pics-format as you can NOT click on it and the pic is kinda uselss and not the point of said rave Can place text of rave instead of pic for news raves?
      3. Latest Updates in LIST mode, News Rave has no working url for the "discuss it," part, where it does have that in the old layout

Comment

When in old view I clicked on "show me more", I got a nice archive list on the left where I could easily browse by year and month. This is missing now. Can you bring it back?

Click image for larger version

Name:	show_me_more_archive_view.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	648021

Comment

Cinnamon, you can get this by clicking on "show me more" twice. Click once, let the next block of updates load. Then click it a second time.

Or, follow this link: http://www.abbywinters.com/updates/raves?page=3

Comment

Thank you Garion. I was not sure if this would stay when everything is switched to the new look. Looking great, by the way...

Comment

Hi Garion !!!

I cast my vote for the OLD format.
              For me, at least, it is much more compact.
              There is more information available
              without needing to scroll down to look.

But, then again, what the hell do I know???

Joe Kulik

Comment

I've noticed a couple of issues with the site recently, not sure if these are related to the roll out of the new site:
                1. The site search does not appear to be working, all searches appear to return zero results.
                2. My favorites list is empty, similar to the search returns zero results.

No rush on these, just a heads up in case you weren't aware of these issues.

Comment

Trebor, about the search; do search for Tags or Models? Can you give an example of search(es) with empty result? I tested it just now and it seems to work ok for me. I it's easy to search for the wrong type (tag/model) by accident, happened to me several times

Favorites is basically a specialized search, so could be related to your search troubles. Does either continue not to work for you

Comment

Thanks for your reply Frans. Here is what happens with the search on both the new and old views:
                    1. With the model search while typing a search the predictive text remains empty, appears the search field is unable to load any of the model data. When the search is run the search page returns zero results.
                    2. With the tag search while typing the predictive text works, tags are suggested as I type. However when the search is run the search page returns no results.

I tested the search and encountered the same issues in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. The issue doesn't appear to be browser dependent.

One other thing I noticed is when clicking on one of the Picture of the Day photos in the old view (for example http://www.abbywinters.com/image/awpotd_2016_06_11_jpg), I get an access denied page "section access restricted". Not sure if this could be related to the search issue.

Comment

Trebor, both/all-three issues are indeed related and have something to do with your account. Have requested staff to look into that.

Comment

Thanks Frans! No rush on this again, everything else on the site is working fine for me except for the search issue.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                          Thanks Frans! No rush on this again, everything else on the site is working fine for me except for the search issue.
                          Trebor, search and favourites has been fixed.

Comment

Trebor, both issues should be resolved now, sorry about that.

Comment

Thanks Garion! Everything is working correctly again.

Comment

So many websites are moving to this kind of format, which is not nearly as usable as a list format. The screen is totally filled with boxes of screenshots that convey little info. Too bad. I just wonder why web designers think this is progress.

Comment

On the "Site Sections" ribbon at the top of the new members home, there are separate "thumbnails" for "Video Masturbation Alone" and "Video Masturbation Together", but both go to the same list of all IMs. Why have separate "Site Section" links when they aren't really separated?

Comment

It used to be that on the page for a shoot there would be a link to the forum discussion about that shoot. It was "Discuss this shoot." I see no links to the forum in the new set up. How come?

Edit: Strangely enough, for those shoots in my "digital locker," if I click on them I'm taken to the former (much more intuitive and usable) layout and the "Discuss this shoot" link is still there.

Comment

So many websites are moving to this kind of format, which is not nearly as usable as a list format. The screen is totally filled with boxes of screenshots that convey little info. Too bad. I just wonder why web designers think this is progress.
                                      jaharthur, if you're genuinely interested, my first post in this thread (at the top of page 1) provides background on why we're making this change (and, probably why others are as well). There's still bad design out there, and this reasoning does not excuse all of it, for sure!

We do also have a list format, which you can select by clicking "List view", if you prefer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	list view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	648046

On the "Site Sections" ribbon at the top of the new members home, there are separate "thumbnails" for "Video Masturbation Alone" and "Video Masturbation Together", but both go to the same list of all IMs. Why have separate "Site Section" links when they aren't really separated?
                                      Ah yes, thanks for the reminder. We'll be fixing that in the first week of July.

It used to be that on the page for a shoot there would be a link to the forum discussion about that shoot. It was "Discuss this shoot." I see no links to the forum in the new set up. How come?

Edit: Strangely enough, for those shoots in my "digital locker," if I click on them I'm taken to the former (much more intuitive and usable) layout and the "Discuss this shoot" link is still there.
                                      As a PPS user, you see scenes you have not yet purchased in "guest" mode. These pages show more samples of the scene to entire prospective customers (and PPS users) to purchase the scene.

Once you have purchased the scene, you see that scene page in "member" mode, a more utilitarian view (as you say) for consuming content.

No one has asked for the Dicuss thread link before in PPS mode. But, it's easy to add, will do also in the first week of July.

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post
                                        We do also have a list format, which you can select by clicking "List view", if you prefer.
                                        Could you make the choice list/box 'sticky' ? (if you're busy, feel free to make the other filters for 'latest updates' sticky as well btw!)

Comment

Originally posted by garionhall View Post

[ATTACH]39846[/ATTACH]

I see the "List view" choice for "Latest Updates." But if I click on a site section--let's use "Solo" for example--I can't find any choice between grid and list on the Solo page, just 2,603 grid squares. Is it there somewhere? In fact, other than for "Latest Updates," I seem to be forced into a grid view.

Comment

Originally posted by jaharthur View Post
                                            I see the "List view" choice for "Latest Updates." But if I click on a site section--let's use "Solo" for example--I can't find any choice between grid and list on the Solo page, just 2,603 grid squares. Is it there somewhere?
                                            It's a preference under https://www.abbywinters.com/myaccount/preferences , tab 'Browsing' , section 'Panels on browse page'

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                                              It's a preference under https://www.abbywinters.com/myaccount/preferences , tab 'Browsing' , section 'Panels on browse page'
                                              I don't have any "list view" in preferences. The choices are "Tesselated" or "Grid." And the display is the same whether I choose "Tesselated" or "Grid." In either case I see identically sized thumbnails that infinitely scroll.

Comment

Originally posted by jaharthur View Post
                                                I don't have any "list view" in preferences. The choices are "Tesselated" or "Grid." And the display is the same whether I choose "Tesselated" or "Grid." In either case I see identically sized thumbnails that infinitely scroll.
                                                I see.. that changed a bit. Either way there is no way to browse shoots in a list view (where I take 'list' to mean 'shoot sample-picture + rave'). Closest you can get to that would be the rave-archive; https://www.abbywinters.com/updates/raves but that has no section filter.

Comment

I've found it relatively easy to get used to the new members page.One thing I have discovered is that I prefer the list view over the grid view because I can read the raves on the latest updates.On individual shoots a grid view is,of course,better and more practical.Will it be possible in the future to enable a preference for the list view on the members page latest updates section? At present it automatically reverts back to grid view from list view if I change it.

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                                    One small request for the new layout: for the discussion board section would it be possible to display recent posts by section (Talk to the Models, Staff Posting, Discourse) like they are displayed on the old layout? The new layout just shows recent posts from the discourse section. This is one of the features I probably use most on the old layout to see if there have been new posts by the models or staff members. Maybe there could be filter buttons similar to the ones used for sorting shoots to display discussion board section if each section can't have its own separate box?

Other than that everything looks great! Looks very flexible and intuitive to use. Thanks to all of the staff for their hard work in putting everything together.
                                                    This is exactly what I came to say!

Comment

Hello,

finally this new news page also arrived on my account.

I think it is horrible!!

1) My PC is no mobile device, so why do I need a mobile friendly page
                                                      2) The very nice pictures of the day are so fare down the page, that it needs to much scrolling to see it. Why is this prominent feature of the news page put so far in the background?
                                                      3) The grey and much to short list (without side scrolling) of upcoming shots is a major step backwards, in comparison to the old full and coloured list.

All in all this news page does not at all invites me to browse Abby Winters. Is it possible to get the old style back?

Regards

Majorarnone

Comment

I too have noticed the "automatic" switch over to the new style members page and while I wouldn't go as far to say its horrible, there are still a few things I still don't like, I'm sorry but I can't see the point of having greyed out pictures in the "upcoming shoots" section that turn to colour when a mouse pointer is held over them, after all on a mobile device there is no mouse pointer icon, another thing is we know longer know when a new reply to a forum post has been posted as the text is not displayed in the colour blue that it used to be in the old layout.

Comment

Originally posted by majorarnone View Post
                                                          2) The very nice pictures of the day are so fare down the page, that it needs to much scrolling to see it. Why is this prominent feature of the news page put so far in the background?
                                                          You can get to the picture of the day section quickly by using the "Jump to" bar (which is just above upcoming shoots). Clicking on the community link will scroll you down to the section where the picture of the day feature is, this way you can jump to it without the scrolling (just figured this out yesterday myself).

Comment

Originally posted by havijack View Post
                                                            another thing is we know longer know when a new reply to a forum post has been posted as the text is not displayed in the colour blue that it used to be in the old layout.
                                                            Not entirely sure what you're describing here, but if you want to see new posts on the forum simply click on 'New Posts' while on the forum (goes to http://forums.abbywinters.com/vbulle...e=vBForum_Post). THat will give you an overview of threads with new posts you haven't read yet.

Comment

1) My PC is no mobile device, so why do I need a mobile friendly page
                                                              Well, it's one page, that works both on mobile and desktop devices. But suiting mobile devices is not the only reason for the change, in fact, it's more of a "side effect" of the change, or an additional benefit for the business.

As trebor suggested, the "jump to" function should solve this for you.

3) The grey and much to short list (without side scrolling) of upcoming shots is a major step backwards, in comparison to the old full and coloured list.
                                                              Yes, I am not entirely happy with this. We made them grey you differentiate them from the full-colour items on the page - the grey items are not released yet, but full colour ones are. I think that metaphor is ok, but we have a bunch of upcoming content, and as you say, only a small amount is shown here. Making it be multiple rows is possible, of course, but that pushes other material further down the page.

Ultimately, the goal of the News page is to provide "informational scents" to users - to find things they want to explore further (not to directly provide content for consumption)

Is it possible to get the old style back?
                                                              No, it's not. After a four-month changeover, that's gone forever. But we can refine the existing page to be better, with your ideas.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X