Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot upgrade my account, plus you have a serious bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot upgrade my account, plus you have a serious bug.

Since the update to a mobile-friendlier platform I haven't been able to download vids at my leisure as I used to do. From the looks of it, I didn't know it, my 3-site access account expired on January 3rd and have been pretty much leeching content for free. Now, I don't like this because I love this website and I'll pay for the months I've used if you'll have me and that's one bother out of the way, but even worse, when I go to upgrade my account and try to subscribe to all 3 sites again, I can't. This is from myaccount/subscriptions "Upgrade All", that one click does nothing. If I click on a single "Upgrade!" either here or from a "Subscribe now" link within a particular shoot's page, it leads me to the usual Subscription site of old but not before a prompt appears saying "im is not available", whatever that means. The only way to close it is to click "Ok" (the only option) and when I try to subscribe to all 3 sites again, I can't. The clicking does nothing I tells ya; it seems it harkens back to the original problem seeing as each site with a check box on it has it underneath it "Already subscribed" and on the right of "Choose your sites" it says "Hey, you're seeing all the new stuff already! Take me back to the Members home page".

So I am subscribed but not really and the mobile site rollout has caught the bug, but the bug's still there and I'm letting you know. Is there a simple way I could subscribe for 12 months and you discount me 4 I've used already? Oh, please don't charge me per shoot, for a lot of what I downloaded was content I lost from a disk failure on my PC and it was downloaded legit from back in the day. My digital locker individual purchases (I love this option, btw, more sites should implement this) are still there and I can download those, no technical problems there, though.

At the very least I let you know about the bug. Still, would like a subscription.

Hi Tribby,

"account expired on January 3rd and have been pretty much leeching content for free."

Your account/subs indeed did expire back then, but what do you mean by leeching for free? Can you actually download content without logging in? Your AW account name you logged in with is 'Tribby' as well?

Have forwarded your subscription problem to account support.

Comment

What I gather is my account expired but the site let me download content as if my subscription was still up and running, so I assumed it was a 12-or-6-month subscription when it wasn't, so you can call the free period leeching as I did because as it turns out it wasn't paid for. That's the bug. I go as Tribby on the site as well, but I did have to log in each time to the member's page, the content was downloaded from my account, hence the assumption.

Comment

Strange, when I checked with that account I got the expected 'buy now' buttons. You didn't get those?

Comment

It's kinda perplexing a bit, since I don't think it's on my end (been thinking on what I've done differently, but nothing springs to mind).

This is what I get, even as per the instructions from Abby support's email (that was fast, love this site even more!) which were: Log out; Go to www.abbywinters.com/join/ ; Click on "Re-joining member?"; Log in again with my password (unchanged) and I hit the same dead end as before. This is what it looks like in Chrome, but it's the same in Firefox (AdBlock is disabled for you kind folks):

hit Ok,

Contrary to what the images suggest, I'm not subscribed and cannot subscribe. I should follow up on email, but I'm leaving it on the forums in case someone else identifies with the issue.
          Last edited by Tribby; 9 May 2016, 04:48 PM. Reason: Clarifications, formatting.

Comment

Tribby, please do follow up on the email (and do include both pics as well) as customer support is also in contact with the web team to investigate the rather strange error you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
              Tribby, please do follow up on the email (and do include both pics as well) as customer support is also in contact with the web team to investigate the rather strange error you get.
              Indeed I did, and I got a great response, however it took the unveiling of the new layout for the matter to be settled. Fun fact: not 4 hours ago I made sure to try again, but I checked half an hour ago to browse, noticed the new changes so I tried again, and now it worked; turns out my account was being handled at the same time, so the rollout was coincidence. I made sure to tick the box for rebilling this time! I might add that there could be other accounts with expired subscriptions who may yet access content, I can't tell what's the error behind that.

Thanks for everything, guys!

Comment

Good to hear you got your account sorted Tirbby, happy viewing!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                Working...
                X