Question about browsing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about browsing

Not sure where to post this, but I just rejoned and found to my dismay that any image I click is opened in a new tab. It's easy to choose to open in a new tab or window by right clicking. I can't right click to choose open in same tab, as that is usually the default. Is there somewhere I can change this?

for us to help you can you let us know what browser you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by Baraldur View Post
      Not sure where to post this, but I just rejoned and found to my dismay that any image I click is opened in a new tab. It's easy to choose to open in a new tab or window by right clicking. I can't right click to choose open in same tab, as that is usually the default. Is there somewhere I can change this?
      No. You can however click the left/right arrows when viewing an image, then they don't open in a new window/tab.

If you use Chrome you can use a plugin like this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...kipgbcno?hl=en which ignores the 'open this one a new page/tab'.

If you use Firefox it's *slightly* more complex;

- Access Firefox’s settings by typing “about:config” in the address bar.
      - In the Search bar at the top, type “newwindow”
      - The setting we want to modify is “browser.link.open_newwindow”.

The default value is 3, which lets the sites determine where new links are opened. Double click on it to change the value to 1, which will always open links in the current tab.

I don't think IE11/Edge can prevent this type of thing.

Comment

Thank you. I am using a few different browsers. The firefix worked. =)

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
        Working...
        X