cunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cunny

As a cat-lover, the misappropriation of the word "pussy" to refer to the female crotch has always puzzled me. Apart from some (variable) degree of furriness, I don't see much resemblance.
    Whatever happened to the word "cunny"? Vulva and vagina sound very clinical and detached. Cunt and twat sound very coarse and disrespectful. Cunny sounds warm and friendly - think bunny, sunny, honey - and is unambiguous.

og

Originally posted by OldGuy
    - think bunny, sunny, honey -
    ...funny...

Lxm

Comment

I like quim.

I read too many book by Anonymous.

Comment

To me cunny sounds like something a kid would say.

Dave

Comment

Well I love "Pussy" as non clinic, and not too vulger.
          I have used it in Russian, and it is catching on.
          OK resemblances I feel. furry you mentioned, also if you stroke it right it purrs, if you stroke it the wrong way, it bits and scratch

It also has a mind of it's own, and has strayed from it master (ok lust/love). Cunny sounds too close to cunt to my ears.

So will stick to pussy, everyone (Eng.) understands what I am talking about (as usually no-one is talking about pets, and sex at the same time).

As a cat-lover, the misappropriation of the word "pussy" to refer to the female crotch has always puzzled me. Apart from some (variable) degree of furriness, I don't see much resemblance
          IMHO

Comment

I've always thought "vulva" and "vagina" were thoroughly lovely words — it just gets my goat when Eve Enslerpeople use them as synonyms. (For the record, the "vagina" is the passageway from the uterus to the outside; the "vulva" is the complete set of external genital organs [vagina, labia, clitoris, etc.])

I can't say I see much difference between "cunny" and "cunt", as the former is obviously derived from the latter. I do find it significant, however, that "proper" terms for sex organs, male and female, all come from Latin or Greek — foregin languages languages of "science", langauges only the formally educated would know — while the words known by the "common" masses, the words derived from our own language's Anglo-Saxon origins, are all considered rude or obscene.

As for "pussy", well, I've grown up with cats myself, and never really had much occasion to use that word for a cat. I know that "pussy" means a female cat, the way "tom" refers to a male cat, and I've heard and read it used in that context, but I also know that "bitch" refers to a female dog (or wolf, or otter, or...), but I rarely find occasion to use that word in its rightful meaning anyway.
            It seems that, in both cases, the slang has highjacked the word from its proper definition.

Then again, if some guy tells me that his girlfriend turns into a real bitch at a certain time of the month, I tend to wonder if he's dating a werewolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dafydd
              I can't say I see much difference between "cunny" and "cunt", as the former is obviously derived from the latter.
              I don't think so. According to the OED, Cunny is derived from the Old English word Cony, meaning rabbit or rabbit skin. Cunt is from Kunta, an ancient Norse word (not anglo-saxon), still used in this form in Norway and Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by Philos
                Cunt is from Kunta, an ancient Norse word (not anglo-saxon), still used in this form in Norway and Sweden.
                The funny thing is: the Dutch word 'kont' comes from the same source. It means butt, though - reminiscent of the British/American divergence regarding 'fanny'. My etymological dictionary tells me 'kunta' is a nasalised form of the original word 'kut', with the original meaning of 'cunt' intact - the present-day meaning 'butt' is considered secondary.

The Dutch rude word for 'cunt' is 'kut', by the way.

Comment

Cunny is a nice word--tho I have never used it. Actually I have come to appreciate cunt in a non-perjorative way. I remember my delight in reading a modern English translation of the Canterbury Tales and encountering "queinte", which I took to be a way of rendering vulgar slang without actually spelling it out.

Another tangent. Read a great article by a man who wanted to discuss obscene/vulgar words without resorting to euphemisms yet without offending traditionalists. His answer--pronouncing/spelling each word backwards: "cuff". "swerk" etc. A clever way to point out the absurdity of reacting to strongly to words referring to common activities.

BTW, the proper term for a female cat is not pussy but queen. Bet some lady cat thought that up.

I stayed a few months in a retreat center in Scotland. One morning before staff meeting I showed them pictures of my cat and my mom's cat. The ladies, who were proper church women, exclaimed "Look at [Artlover's] pussies". I smiled, said nothing to puncture their innocence and only wished for a pluralization of what had always been singular.

Any of you encountered any pet names that women gave to their privates? My ex-GF called her cunt "Marsha", which I quite liked. (Both the name and the named ). Her boobs were Hope and Grace, which came in handy when she needed to give me directions

Then there's that Seinfeld episode. "Mulva?"

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                    Her boobs were Hope and Grace, which came in handy when she needed to give me directions
                    A former lover of mine tried that, but it was not of much use, as I could not tell the twins apart

Comment

Originally posted by artlover
                      Cunny is a nice word--tho I have never used it. Actually I have come to appreciate cunt in a non-perjorative way.
                      I think cunny is almost as pussy-footing as pussy. My American pen-friend used to refer to her cunny, but her husband and I, working in tandem, have taught her to call it a cunt without blushing.
                      Any of you encountered any pet names that women gave to their privates?
                      In Liverpool, when I was young, girls used to refer to their cunt as their Little Mary.

Comment

I forget where it was now, but I saw a list of nick names/slang for male and female genitalia. The length of the guys list vs gals was in the same proportion as the external lengths of their respective reproductive organs.

Comment

Hummm, early morning here, in my natural deflated state "The List" must be very little <--------------------------------> that "lenght", and I added balls ^^^^

Now I could go re-check Penelope, McKenzie and the list would grow

Originally posted by BigSpud
                          The length of the guys list vs gals was in the same proportion as the external lengths of their respective reproductive organs.

Comment

i used kitten for ages until an ex picked it up and overdid it..... now i just use puss puss.

cunny is too close to cunt and 9/10 chicks i know detest the word so i steer well clear.

p.s. starting to like snapper too

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy24
                              9/10 chicks i know detest the word
                              It's the other 1/10 you should concentrate on - they're more fun!

Comment

When I hear snapper I think biting turtle, and that's somewhere I would rather not go.

I agree with Philos--go with that one-tenth. There's a good first-date ice-breaker: Hey, what do you call your vagina> I like to call it cunt myself. Then she will throw a glass of ice water on you and break the mood, hence, ice-breaker.

I could ask a lady to start using cunt, but I would rather focus on getting her to wear a French maid's outfit

Cooze, anyone? Snatch? Poontang?

Comment

I like pudenda, and so should you.

The latin origin is kind of fun, too.

Comment

where i live, cunt or pussy is not known by 99 percent. It is either Thullu or Pooku. Cock is called as Thunne. I really wish that some one could find the long list of variants - where ever on web it is. Any flash - bigspud?

Comment

Originally posted by malleswaram
                                      where i live, cunt or pussy is not known by 99 percent. It is either Thullu or Pooku. Cock is called as Thunne. I really wish that some one could find the long list of variants - where ever on web it is. Any flash - bigspud?
                                      How about this list? Google Search pussy cunt johnson dick member list

You can do the search and check further (I am on dialup for the next 3 weeks )

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_parts_slang

Comment

Cunny sounds warm and friendly - think bunny, sunny, honey - and is unambiguous.

og
                                          At least, nobody added "money" to my list
                                          og

Comment

OG:

No money no honey :>)

Devil made me do it

Comment

Originally posted by baboo
                                              I like pudenda, and so should you.
                                              Absolutely not! It's the most despicable term out there. Do you know where it comes from? It comes from the Latin "pudere", which means "to be ashamed".

Genitals should never be associated with shame.

Comment

I am getting to repect Dafydd

Comment

pussy

As a cat-lover, the misappropriation of the word "pussy" to refer to the female crotch has always puzzled me.
                                                  Now, that's a pussy
                                                  og
                                                  Attached Files

Comment

Pussy works for me. In the USA its pretty universally understood. Cunt seems rude. No women I've ever said it to has responded well. Cunny, bunny etc seem like internet euphmisms (sp) for underage, the kind of sites that keep lollipops and saddle shoes as standard props. Names like or related to food you like might make some sense, but lobster thermador seems a bit unweildy for the bedroom. I've never had a girl friend that named her body parts, so I'm not sure how that would go. But if she were to say "go down and pay Gerti some mind" I'm sure I'd catch on.

Comment

. It is either Thullu or Pooku.
                                                      Pooku is quite cute! But I've always prefered "Pussy". As Duaane said "furry you mentioned, also if you stroke it right it purrs, if you stroke it the wrong way, it bites and scratch ".
                                                      Also pussies need LOTS of love and attention and if they get ignored they get cranky!

Comment

Absolutely not! It's the most despicable term out there. Do you know where it comes from? It comes from the Latin "pudere", which means "to be ashamed".

Wow, so many smart people around here. Yes, pudenda basically means "something to be ashamed of", but I still like it for that reason. We also refer to genitalia here in the neuter sense as "privates", which is a little more correct and less politically charged, but I wonder still if it's not what the ancient Italians were getting at. From what I understand, they weren't exactly modest. They had public bathrooms and bathhouses. They often infibulated the genitals of slaves. And though nudity wasn't exactly a big deal, certain things were still taboo. For example, it was considered distasteful for a man to expose his glans, a real problem for circumcised dude. More than likely, it was because exposing the glans is a sign of sexual arousal and not socially acceptable behavior in public. This is just a guess, but perhaps it was not ladylike for a woman to part her thighs, but to keep the pudenda somewhat hidden.

Anyway, anyone know the origin of the term "cooter"? I've noticed that many women here in the states actually like this term.

Comment

I googled "cooter" and "genitals" and got this link among others. Running out of time to search further. Enjoy.

Kind of interesting to see the variations in names.

Comment

Yeah, I know about turtles being called cooters, but dont' quite get the resemblance to a vag unless one thinks the head poking out is like a clit.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X