Calendars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calendars

I have previously emailed Vid Dude about getting the wallpapers in larger resolutions for those of us with big screens. Basically, he said that he works with the wallpapers at 1280x960, so making higher resolutions would just result in pixelation.

However, I now like to use the calendars. It is very useful to have a calendar on the desktop, especially when adorned with a beautiful model.

However, I am now the proud owner of a laptop with a screen resolution of 1920x1200 (16:10 widescreen). So, Vid Dude, any chance of some nice 1600x1050 and 1920x1200 widescreen calendars (and maybe wallpapers!)?? I suspect not, but there's no harm in asking.

And also, would anyone else find widescreen wallpapers/calendars useful?

Cheers,

Trapdoor

YAY for widescreen! 1280 by 800 over here. Because they are regualar 4:3 ratio is the whole reason that I haven't gotten any of the AW desktops. Now, if they made some widescreen desktops, or calenders for the desktop, or whatever, that would just tickle me in just the right spot. So, how about it Vid Dude?

Oh, and Trapdoor, that is a HUGE resolution... Goodness, I wish my laptop could match that. 15.4" over here, how about you?

dg

Comment

The highest resolution that I can set my monitor without damaging my eyes or the monitor itself is 1280x960, hence the choice of maximum. Though I could try to make wallpapers in higher res or in widescreen, I don't have the setup to take advantage of it, so I'll probably not be attempting it just yet. Maybe next year.

btw, I'm surprised you haven't also asked for superduper widescreen to fill up a dual- or tri-monitor display.

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude
        TI'm surprised you haven't also asked for superduper widescreen to fill up a dual- or tri-monitor display.
        How about four? Come on, do it for Abby.

Lxm

Comment

Abby's never used a wallpaper, for as long as I've known her.

Comment

oohh, but a 4-way one... i might be converted...

actually, I did use the one of Mikaela while back. And in 99, you put me on to that tombraider one. Ah. Good times.

a

Comment

Oh yeah, that tomb raider one. That was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dagger28256
                Oh, and Trapdoor, that is a HUGE resolution... Goodness, I wish my laptop could match that. 15.4" over here, how about you?
                17 full inches over here. It's a Dell Inspiron 9300 with a few upgrades I like it.

Very good for work, and getting back on topic, with that resolution, you can see the standard sized photos in the AW galleries with no scrolling whatsoever.... which is nice.

Of course, Abby could always buy Vid Dude one of these so that he can create us some nice 16:10 wallpapers...

Comment

Originally posted by trapdoor
                  Of course, Abby could always buy Vid Dude one of these so that he can create us some nice 16:10 wallpapers...
                  Why not a little bit more?

Lxm

Comment

The December calendar is awesome and will land on my screen in the office soon.

Thanks Vid Dude.

Lxm

Comment

why the are Calendars not post on the site is month is not here and it is almost march

Comment

I wonder if it's possible to come up with a game or contest where the winner from the member's participation results in the decision of his/her model's choice for each month's calandar.?...i'm thinking only new models, since the move to Amsterdam.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray View Post
                          I wonder if it's possible to come up with a game or contest where the winner from the member's participation results in the decision of his/her model's choice for each month's calandar.?...i'm thinking only new models, since the move to Amsterdam.
                          Think that sounds like an interesting idea, TJ... but wouldn't think that is why the Feb calendar hasn't been released... might just be an oversight... or testing to see if anyone actually uses them and testing to see if all the effort of producing it is actually worth it.

Personally love the concept... and check them out every couple of months... Think I may have only ever downloaded two of them... the Blaire/Cleo one and the first Kylie H one. Never really been in a situation where I could use them... either printed off or as a background for the computer. But would like it to stay...

Comment

It was a " spur of the moment " idea/thought after reading richardhardy's234 post. As you, i think the calenders is a great idea also. To be honest i haven't paid much attention to it either although i think it deserves it. It's nice to know it is there...i go and have a look once a month, but that's the extent of it...i don't download it for my desktop either.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                            Working...
                            X