Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Val,

Could you paint my fence please?

I just managed to chase the little bugger who did mine. Didn't catch him though.
    Not happy Val. At least you got pictures on your wall!

Comment

Hi Val,
      You may have read my suggestion in the "who would you like to see together" thread, but I'll assume you didn't see it so I can ask you here...

I would LOOOOOOVE to see you and Kat_W do a GG together!!!!! Not only do you two share the prize for the prettiest hair on the site, you both are truly hot and I think it would be a truly dynamite series.

Whaddaya say?? Any Chance????

ae

Comment

Greycat: what's physostigmine? I've never really tried any remedies besides sedatives and hard liquor to calm me down. i can hallucinate pretty terribly at the time. No other allergies. Those always seemed like hypochondirac stuff! Although i do get more sensitive to other things and am really dehydrated for the whole time i'm affected (a few days to a few weeks at worst, per incident, often overlapping). It's VERY hard to avoid them, too! I'm pretty good at it by now though I'm a bitch at restaurants and cafes, but I sort of have to be sometimes.

Why would you want to proclaim to be more important that other grey cats at home? (Aren't you a fellow Buddhist?) Meditation helps, btw, with my food problem, but not directly. It builds up my defenses, you could say. Though sometimes I think the better control I have over nightshades, the more restrained I am, sexually. It's really a bad combination. Once I was like four weeks without a reaction (possibly the longest period of my life!) and then I was messing around with Mr Val and when I orgasmed, I immediately had a HUGE reaction, because I had finally let go, just for a brief moment, and it all came out. So it's a balance, to be sane and asexual, or crazy and orgasming almost on command. Among other tradeoffs. Poor Mr Val!

tsmith hahaha, reminds me of Huckleberry Finn, weren't they painting fences at the beginning of that? The one boy convincing the others it was cool, and getting out of the work? Yeah, the picture we got was an ejactulating cartoon cock. Not cool.

Alleyes Hmm, me and Kat eh. She's def gorgeous but I'm not sure she's up for that kind of shoot. I like to rest up a long time between mine, so if it happened it wouldn't be for a long time. We'd speak in French the whole time, just to piss everyone off (except for casgrain etc, heh). I'd be up for it with her, because I think we'd get along, you know? That's more important to me than looks

Comment

Thank you Val for remembering me. But I'm not the only one who speaks french.

Comment

Originally posted by valerie
            Greycat: what's physostigmine? .. i can hallucinate pretty terribly at the time. No other allergies. .... It's VERY hard to avoid them, too! I'm pretty good at it by now though I'm a bitch at restaurants and cafes, but I sort of have to be sometimes. Why would you want to proclaim to be more important that other grey cats at home? (Aren't you a fellow Buddhist?) Meditation helps, btw, with my food problem, but not directly. It builds up my defenses, you could say. Though sometimes I think the better control I have over nightshades, the more restrained I am, sexually.......So it's a balance, to be sane and asexual, or crazy and orgasming almost on command. Among other tradeoffs. Poor Mr Val!
            Hi, Val; looked up nightshades on the web (as I'm NOT a doc), found a lot on potato toxicity!, in addition to allergy. they contain chemicals that are like scopolamine and atropine, called glycoalkaloids. more in the potato skin, esp when they start to go green and sprout. (I also am more toxic when I go green and start to sprout, ha!). they have a toxic effect on neurotransmitters, not an allergy exactly. physostigmine, per wikipedia, pushes the other way. serious prescription med, toxic effects itself. web described recall of a load of potatoes in canada that had high levels of the glycoalkaloids. and apparently all of tomato plants except the fruit are toxic. I knew I didn't like tomato stalks. but tomatoes and related plants also cause true allergies, so complicated. something that comes on so fast and from tiny traces of foods sure sounds like an allergy rather than a chemical thing. sounds very unpleasant, and would be hard to sort out I would think.

ok you nailed me on the weak alleged (as my spouse reminds me often) humor in even weaker spanish. it was sort of a word riff. my namesake grey cat believes she rules everything she surveys, including me. very smart, talks a lot. I dont meditate very well, I have some tourette's, muscle tics, also sort of a run-on mind as a few late-night posts demonstrate, and quieting of thought is very hard to do. wow, I dont know what to make of the sexuality-vs-allergic reactions thing. a thought occurs to me a bit more generally. I have had panic attacks for decades, it is neurological along with tourette's and a cluster of stuff, but for some years I added to it anxiety on revisiting places or situations where I had panic attacks, and I would suppress strong emotional reactions because I feared they would escalate to a real panic reaction. so I easily imagine having a guarded state of mind overlaying vigilance about having a bad allergic reaction, having concern about every food item (you have to eat, but the food itself is a source of major concern, a catch-22 of the first magnitude), maybe associated with having other strong emotions, e.g. sexual response. meditation may reduce a tendency to react strongly? I dont know. we are so complex.

ok, well, I've filled up a bunch of kb on the server. hope it's not over the top. bye for now.-gc

Comment

Valerie, Happy Monday from Manitoba, Canada! We're currently baking at 32C, we're barking dry due to as, the meteorologists says a lack of significant precipitation since June 1 and I have the remains of a slight cold, but all of that is for naught as I live in an air-conditioned house, drive an air-conditioned vehicle and lastly but more importantly, I get to come to this site and see the models and occasionally get to chat with you. Life is good for me, which I hope it at least, at the minimum, is for you.

Comment

Hi Overdale! I love these Monday well-wishes! That weather sounds beautiful...I love hot weather, especially hot humid weather. Is Manitoba near Minnesota? I hope it rains there soon, for you, for the plants and animals around you, and for everyone. SOunds a bit iffy with all the heat though! ...I hear there's been power outtages due to everyone using the AC. Luckily for me I am just as happy without it.

Greycat - nightshades are really nasty plants that happen to have a few edible bits (edible for most people). Arthritics should cut back on nightshades as the very first step to relieving pain b/c they're a major source of it. I know just handling eggplants I couldn't move that hand for at least a day due to pain. Stupid reactions! As soon as potatoes start to sprout, it's the WHOLE POTATO that is toxic, not just the green bit. Through the fucker out if you find one that's the smallest bit green/sprouted!

Better yet, plant it! Potatoes will happily grow and provide many potatoes in return. Plus they're extremely low maintenance. Just tuck them into a hill of dirt. Plus Mr Val said fresh potatoes taste SOOO good, that there's actually a taste difference between a 2-month-old one and one and one pulled up hours earlier. Makes sense, though it's a food we never think about eating fresh.

I'm pretty over nightshades, but at least I have a way of avoiding them! Having the stuff you've got seems much worse, because while it is also all in your head, you can't really avoid your head, can you? (Zen masters might disagree, but we're not them are we?)

Ok, back to work for this little Val-chan

Comment

Val- hi; fortunately reactions I used to have a lot are much fewer. modern medications are life-savers for me, although not all would agree. nope, at least I'm no zen master. although some zen masters deny they are zen masters, I KNOW I'm no zen master. or apprentice. or water-boy. (a very nice book I read by Dan Leighton identified modern totally-non-buddhist, many non-religious, real people that he considered to illustrate aspects of being boddhisatvas. very cool.). oh well, go figure.

Comment

val has a smile that makes everyone else smile. no matter how bad a day gets, her smile and laugh and easy going manner makes everything ok again.
                    i send you all my best wishes

Comment

My goodness, thank you Hoooky! Thanks for posting your first post in this thread as well. In fact, I'll post a picture here, just for you! I post so many of Olivia in her thread that I think it's fair if I post this here.

[ATTACH]3788[/ATTACH]

Is something troubling you lately, hoooky, that we can chat about/make jokes over/analyse to say it's all ok?

Comment

Two of the best smiles on Earth! How delicious!

Comment

Hi Overdale! I love these Monday well-wishes! That weather sounds beautiful...I love hot weather, especially hot humid weather. Is Manitoba near Minnesota? I hope it rains there soon, for you, for the plants and animals around you, and for everyone. SOunds a bit iffy with all the heat though! ...I hear there's been power outtages due to everyone using the AC. Luckily for me I am just as happy without it.
                          Hi Val. I don't want to answer a question you asked Overdale but I do know a little about Manitoba. My brother was married there and I once drove through there on the way to Seattle. If you are going west on I-94, turn north as soon as you cross into North Dakota. Then keep going until you cross the border into Canada and you'll soon arrive in Winnipeg, the Provincial Capitol. It's about a 14 hour drive from Milwaukee, maybe 16 (the wedding was over ten years ago.)

We've been having freaky weather hear in Mil-town. Two weeks ago the whole nation was experiencing a heat wave, then last week a cool front gave us here some relief. Now it's back to hot and humid again. I have to admit I love Autumn and Winter and hate hot, humid weather That was one of the hardest adjustments I had to make when I moved to Japan ... well, that and learning a new job but I never really did manage that part of it, did I? ... thus finding myself back here.

My reasoning is this: when it's cold outside, you can always dress to protect yourself against the chill. But in hot humid weather there is no way to dress down unless you are in the comfort and privacy of your own home ... or judging from some of the spunky looking pictures posted here and there, a member of Team Abby One last boring comment on the weather: I love the fact that here in the Heartland of America we get to enjoy all four seasons in all their glory

Oh ... lest I forget to stay on topic, the picture of you and Olivia was tops!

Comment

Thanks for posting all of these HQ pics, Val. I always enjoy them! You two look great.

Comment

Originally posted by KaraZorEl
                              Two of the best smiles on Earth! How delicious!
                              oh my, yes, two of the very best! made my morning!-gc

Comment

I love that expression- monkeymind- now I know what to call my overactive 'mind".

Comment

Here you go Val!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful picture Emmar, Valerie is going to love it as do I. Thank you

yusa

Comment

Emmar;

Unbelievably beautiful photo. The Camera's eye can reveal such wonders in skilled hands.

Geo

Comment

Cool Pic !

And I don't say that often about a pic that doesn't have an AW model in it.

Comment

What is that wonderful tree called? I'm pretty sure we don't have them in my hemisphere.

Comment

Woah. Emma, you're a doll! Hey, we should catch up sometime...You, me, Mr Val, Emma-buddy...have a cup of dandelion coffee and an organic biscuit or something eh?

But still: woah. No, we should all go on a forest walk. I can't wait til there's buds and leaves and blossoms again! Today is so humid and wawrm, ooooo humidity and wampth...I'm on the wrong continent, but I live for days like today! big love to Emma!

Matchless, thanks for the navigation. Manitoba is a bit farther than I though, but soon I'll be back in Mil-town where things are much closer. Oooh, you have to tell me what Mr Val and I need to see that's changed in two years, ok?

Comment

Val, you're awesome (Just thought you should know that...)

Comment

Well, speaking of navigation, if you're planning on renting a car, you may have trouble finding your way in and around downtown. Check out this website: Marquette Interchange Project

As I've said elsewhere, it's a hell of a thing and it sure makes work a lot more, um ... fun?

Kara ... you're so right (and I think you're pretty awesome, too )

Comment

I don't know if you are a baseball fan but this Thursday Klement's Sausage will be introducing a new racer to the 6th inning Sausage Races at Miller Park.
                                                  (... Mmmm, sausage races)
                                                  JSOnline claims to have the inside scoop on what kind of sausage it will be, but I don't really care. I mean, it's exciting and all but I will always cheer for the German Brat Racing Sausage dude!

Below is the poll on the Brewers' website and the results as of the time I voted (3501 people voted before me)
                                                  POLL ::::::
                                                  What do you think the new Racing Sausage will be?
                                                  Bologna (267 votes, 8%)
                                                  Kielbasa (1379 votes, 39%)
                                                  Chorizo (862 votes, 25%)
                                                  Summer Sausage (777 votes, 22%)
                                                  Cajun Link (217 votes, 6%)

Comment

Val, you're awesome (Just thought you should know that...)
                                                    Kara and Matchless, you're so right- she's amazing. Oh, hi, Val!

Comment

One of the fringe bennies of life at AW. If you're a model, you get a hug from Val and a commemorative pic. Good deal!

Comment

Hello, my loyals and lovelies (and lurkers) ! Yes, the pic-n-hug deal is still going at AWHQ for visiting models. There's actually many more pictures like this, but because the models aren't up on the site yet the pics are languishing on some storage server somewhere for now.

Kara, Overdale, Matchless . . . amazing is a great word, but in what way do you mean? (heh) And matchless i'm a die-hard fan for the Polish Sausage but we can still be friends. My bro and dad were at the game when the one tripped the other, remember that scandal? I'm surprised Kielbasa is in the lead, i'd a though Summer Sausage. I must be really out of the loop!

Comment

Kara, Overdale, Matchless . . . amazing is a great word, but in what way do you mean? (heh)
                                                          Actually, I believe I said "awesome" not amazing, but you're both nonetheless And if you don't know what we mean, then you're as humble as you are awesome/amazing

Comment

Originally posted by geoman
                                                            Emmar;

Unbelievably beautiful photo. The Camera's eye can reveal such wonders in skilled hands.

Geo

Alas those hands were not mine, but my boy's - but that's ok! He gave me a camera the other day so I'm going to learn!

Val, so glad you liked it! A catch-up would be great! Mmm, dandelion coffee and organic biscuits - you're my kind of girl! And another forest walk would be lovely... Ready when you are! (And we should definitely bring the cameras, eh?)

Comment

Kara, Overdale, Matchless . . . amazing is a great word, but in what way do you mean? (heh)
                                                              Actually, I believe I said "awesome" not amazing, but you're both nonetheless And if you don't know what we mean, then you're as humble as you are awesome/amazing
                                                              It was overdale who used the word amazing, after you said awesome And I said you're right. If only I had a thesaurus ... how many more complimentary words can we describe Valerie as? I'll toss out one, but it's a two word description: Absolutely Fabulous!
                                                              Did you know there was a dinosaur called Thesaurus? It almost survived extinction but, alas ...
                                                              And matchless i'm a die-hard fan for the Polish Sausage but we can still be friends. My bro and dad were at the game when the one tripped the other, remember that scandal? I'm surprised Kielbasa is in the lead, i'd a though Summer Sausage. I must be really out of the loop!
                                                              That story turned up in my Google search for info ... I remember that. It was funny as hell -- What that player did was stupid but I also felt a little sorry for the guy; I mean, he barely swung his bat at the racer. It was the huge friggin costume head that tripped her up. And he was sincerely apologetic ... after it made the news and people started calling for his head served up in a glove

Ahhh, Baseball ... the National pass time. Thank goodness we have Bob Uecker to make sense of it all

So be sure to let me know when you're coming to town so I can stop posting updates and information. If you're going to be here in two weeks, you can see Bonnie Prince Billy doing an in-store appearance at Atomic Records. If I see you, should I say anything or just stare with a funny, knowing sort of look? I can't remember if you posted anything in the thread about that kinda thing.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X