• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by susie View Post
    Rice paper rolls! Or, cheesy muffins!
    And the wedding is WHEN exactly ??

Such things need to be prepared you know, parties to be planned and such

Comment

Nah, lets do it today on our lunch break.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        Nah, lets do it today on our lunch break.
        Not the patient type huh? Fine by me, as long as there are pictures

Comment

Penny, I only want to say: you did an ace job commenting the news column today. So good to see a female contribution at this prominent place again. Had to think of Beatrice more than once.

doinel

Comment

Hi Penny, look what I read in this post by Abby:
            Originally posted by Abby View Post
            Stills Editing Manager (Used to be penelope, but just handed off to a newbie)
            ... back to shooting or another backstage job ??

Have a wonderfull weekend!

Comment

Thanks doniel. It's tough to follow such an awesome legacy of newspage ravers. I think it's good to break things up a bit but I miss Centaur.

Well spotted frans. Yes, it's true. I've handed my baby over to another. Looking after the photos has been my job for such a long time now that it has been difficult to let go. I'm so familiar with all the content. Abby can say, "remember that girl with the glasses I shot on the blue couch?" And I can reel off the answer without blinking. Makes me pretty pleased with myself. I LOVE photography and editing is so fascinating. Picking apart the images and justifying choices, looking at the ramifications, oh and giving you guys plenty of skin of course. I'm going to miss that job terribly I think.

But anyway, on to bigger and better things. Now I'm working on co-ordinating projects on a company wide level. Because I've worked in several different areas of the company we're now going to put my knowledge to better use. It's very exciting because it's a much greater challenge for me. I feel very lucky that Abby gives me these opportunities. I have been on a massive learning curve ever since I started working here (the week after my first shoot!) and thankfully there's no sign of it stopping. So wish me luck!

p

Comment

Yeah, Penny, best of luck to you! Fingers crossed. Do you still work with Susie then and keep your office? Seems to be a promotion for both of you. Sometimes the luck comes to the ones who deserve it.

doinel

Comment

I have been on a massive learning curve ever since I started working here (the week after my first shoot!) and thankfully there's no sign of it stopping. So wish me luck!
                  Oh? I thought you already were a talented photographer before you joined AW? Just looked at your first shoot (as model) to check that assumption but it doesn't mention that much detail. You do seem to have misspelled Abby in the after-shoot note though

As for company-wide-projects... how about having Althea and Bonnie meet up? Do bring a photo-camera, we so do need more and proper pics of Bonnie Hmm.. a company-day with barbecue prolly ain't a good idea with vegetarians around?

Or you could set up shop in Perth as AWHQ3... Susie wont mind I think

Will you be travelling between Sydney and Melbourne and lot for your new job? Or is all comm. done via webcam these days? I hear raving stories about it from Bonnie.

Comment

Thanks doniel. It's tough to follow such an awesome legacy of newspage ravers. I think it's good to break things up a bit but I miss Centaur.

Well spotted frans. Yes, it's true. I've handed my baby over to another. Looking after the photos has been my job for such a long time now that it has been difficult to let go. I'm so familiar with all the content. Abby can say, "remember that girl with the glasses I shot on the blue couch?" And I can reel off the answer without blinking. Makes me pretty pleased with myself. I LOVE photography and editing is so fascinating. Picking apart the images and justifying choices, looking at the ramifications, oh and giving you guys plenty of skin of course. I'm going to miss that job terribly I think.

But anyway, on to bigger and better things. Now I'm working on co-ordinating projects on a company wide level. Because I've worked in several different areas of the company we're now going to put my knowledge to better use. It's very exciting because it's a much greater challenge for me. I feel very lucky that Abby gives me these opportunities. I have been on a massive learning curve ever since I started working here (the week after my first shoot!) and thankfully there's no sign of it stopping. So wish me luck!

p
                    I'm glad you're getting your teeth into some juicy stuff and that your knowledge and experience is being used. Its always good when you get wide experience across a company and get entrusted with bigger responsibilites and that you're going places. I miss the days of you being behind the camera (cos of your passion and talent for photography) and in front of it (because you are one tremendously spunky, sexy and lovely girl). But is sounds like thing are good and I know you are a very capable young lady. So best wishes to you sweet Penny.

Oh and cheers for doing the daily writeups on the front page, I enjoyed your appearances along with those of other AW staff.

Thanks for the above collage when I asked for a pic, it's a treat and I couldn't have asked for a better surprise then several beautiful and sometimes tantalisingly teasing pictures of you. Nice lighting.

SF

Comment

Originally posted by sweatyfox View Post
                      I miss the days of you being behind the camera (cos of your passion and talent for photography) and in front of it (because you are one tremendously spunky, sexy and lovely girl).
                      I remember being struck by your beautiful hands (well, not literally, of course ) in your first shoots. I'm glad they're being put to good use.

Comment

Thanks fellas, it's a very exciting time. I know you all have lots of questions but I'll just have to give you updates as I can.

Beautiful day here in Melbourne, I've just had my morning coffee, I think it's going to be a great week.

Comment

Weather in Melbourne

Since we've heard so many people complain about how cold it's been in Melb, can someone tell me what you guys consider cold there? Celsius or Fahrenheit, whatever ices your windshield.....

Comment

I haven't actually been following what the temperature has been recently? All I know is that the grey, rainy days and Antarctic winds are nasty. However today there's a beautiful clear blue sky and it's 22 degrees (Celsius). So in Fahrenheit that's...71.

Comment

I haven't actually been following what the temperature has been recently? All I know is that the grey, rainy days and Antarctic winds are nasty. However today there's a beautiful clear blue sky and it's 22 degrees (Celsius). So in Fahrenheit that's...71.
                              and in the office without any windchill-factor (heh, that word will never be the same after viewing Sue-Ann & Em's shoot) it's prolly much warmer. Could have something to do with the nice ladies inside I guess..

I hear even Susie is wearing a dress today, that might have a caused a rise in temperature, heh. Hopefully it's not TOO distracting for ya, have a fun evening!

Comment

71 degrees F? I'm glad you are enjoying it. Around here that would be a cold front with temps in the 80's and 90's F.

I hope you have many more nice days beautiful.

Comment

Hi Penelope — I just caught up with your great news:

...on to bigger and better things. Now I'm working on co-ordinating projects on a company wide level. Because I've worked in several different areas of the company we're now going to put my knowledge to better use. It's very exciting because it's a much greater challenge for me. I feel very lucky that Abby gives me these opportunities.
                                  Bravo!! And I think it's great the way Abby spots talent and gives its possessors opportunities to exercise their talents and grow and develop both personally and professionally in the process.

Good on you Penny!! Onward and upward!!!

takochan

Comment

Hey pretty Penny, are you still alive? How does springtime affects you daily life now? Have you bought already any new clothes? Over here it's autumn coming in with much sun today and wonderful multicoloured leaves, just like in a picture book.

doinel

Comment

Hi doniel,
                                      I'm still alive and kickin'. I'm sooo looking forward to the warmer weather. I was eyeing off some gorgeous dresses only yesterday. I'll definitely show off the new purchases if and when they happen.

Germany is so beautiful in autumn. I miss Europe! I may just have to sneak back next year for a bit.

Comment

I miss Europe! I may just have to sneak back next year for a bit.
                                        You are always welcome, Penny. Drop me a line and I'll be at the airport.

doinel

Comment

When and where have you been in Europe?? You know there are several smaller countries surrounding Germany of which certain inhabitants wouldn't mind a visit

It IS warmer in Melbourne now isn't it? Somewhere around 23 degrees celcius I read. It will be too hot to do anything plenty soon enough, don't you worry

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
                                            You know there are several smaller countries surrounding Germany of which certain inhabitants wouldn't mind a visit
                                            Hehe..

doinel

Comment

I used to live in Belgium. I've traveled all over west Europe and the UK. I never made it to Spain, Portugal or went any further north than the Netherlands and Germany. I regret not going to Croatia and Hungary, but I had a blast every where else. My parents gave me the traveling bug when I was ten. They pulled my siblings and I out of school for four months and we went camping around Europe in a combi van. Best holiday ever. So as soon as I finished school I went back to live over there for a while. Awesome times. I can't wait to go back.

Comment

Hey there Penny my magical photographer, you say you lived in Belgium, is that where you learn French? Although it might be in France.

Comment

Precisely!

Comment

Precisely!
                                                    I remember that you and Verity could exchange in French that's why I was asking. I also know that Valerie also speak French but I don't know where she learned it. If I remeber correctly you did post in French in Evangeline's thread sometime ago.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't spoken it in ages. I've forgotten so much. So the other day I bought a beautiful old french/english dictionary and have started doing some study at home. I forgot how much I love it!

Comment

Yeah, I haven't spoken it in ages. I've forgotten so much. So the other day I bought a beautiful old french/english dictionary and have started doing some study at home. I forgot how much I love it!
                                                        Too bad, although it is not spoken in Australia. I always have my french/english dictionary at hand, it's very useful when reading and posting on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain View Post
                                                          Hey there Penny my magical photographer, you say you lived in Belgium, is that where you learn French? Although it might be in France.
                                                          That reminds me of perhaps the biggest compliment I was ever paid on my French (way back in the days of my jeunesse, when French was my No. 1 foreign language). I was on a cross-channel ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe, and got chatting (in French) with a middle-aged Frenchman, who in the middle of our conversation asked me "Monsieur est Belge?".

I had to show him my passport before he'd believe that I was English.

takochan

Comment

Originally posted by takochan View Post
                                                            I had to show him my passport before he'd believe that I was English.

takochan
                                                            I would also, look what I've ask here .

Comment

Originally posted by takochan View Post
                                                              asked me "Monsieur est Belge?"
                                                              That happened to me too! ...except for the monsieur part. It's so exciting. It feels like a real win. Though I was most thrilled when I started dreaming in French.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X