No announcement yet.

telling your parents...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good girl Melinda, I think it's the smartest approach on such a delicate subject. Very impressed.

Comment

Thanks casgrain, I've always shared everything with my mum and always love telling her what I'm up to, so it would have been too hard to keep it a secret, so I figured why not just tell them... I mean, it's only nude modelling, it's not like I'm out on the street hooking or anything. I'm proud of my achievements and modelling for AW was just about the most fun I've ever had and made me extremely happy with myself... and nothing anyone can say will change that, not even my parents!

Luv Melinda

Comment

that is such an awesome attitude to have!!!!! congrats

Comment

Wow, I was just reading some past posts in this thread and it's amazing how cruel some people can be, all over a little bit of nude modelling... I don't understand why anyone would have such a problem with this, so we pose nude, so what? It doesn't make us sluts or whores, it doesn't make us bad people, it doesn't make us immoral, it doesn't make us anything. We all have a naked body and we've all shared our bodies with at least someone else on this planet, I (and the other models) have simply shared our bodies with a few more people than most. I think some people can just be ignorant about things they don't understand or agree with so ditto I guess.

Luv Melinda
          Last edited by Melinda; 13 April 2007, 05:38 AM.

Comment

haha sorry no real advice, i dont have parents, so i guess i lucked out, but if i did, i dont think they would be tolled, i think it would make home life to difficult, but all my male friends know!!

Comment

you don't have parents??

Comment

my male friends are the ones i WONT tell. haha lots of close ones know. and i have had a few that found out the amusing way, but its easier talking to like minded woman about doing stuff like this.

Comment

told my mum, she didn't really care. dad caught me looking at my own shots on AW and (well he MUST of seen them) has never said a word. i think he was embarraced not as much as i! lol. all my friends know male and female. its no suprise to any of them

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
                    told my mum, she didn't really care. dad caught me looking at my own shots on AW and (well he MUST of seen them) has never said a word.
                    Gosh what would you expect him to say? It would be like you walking in on him on the toilet...lol

Comment

Originally posted by katy View Post
                      If you google my real name you dont come up with anything incriminating

The beauty of aliases
                      I just realized that very fact. Not that i didn't already know it - but its just reassuring to hear it spelled out like that. If you google my real name, you get alot of interesting things about be me, but probably none as incriminating as this.

As far as my parents are concerned, my mother would get over it. She'd want to see the photos, know about the ethos of the company, and she'd be ok with it. Eventually at least. I'd show her my more arty stuff first maybe - ISM, IFM etc. I don't know. I'm not planning on telling her. My dad - well, i might even be black sheeped. He'd die inside, im sure.

The only person who knows about my modeling, in my exboyfriend. Who actually suggested the whole idea to me after we broke up. We're good friends now - and he's been a long time advocate. I always show him the photos and videos whenever they go up. He loves it. And i love having someone who doesn't judge me. It feels nice to just have one person who says its ok.

Comment

my mom doesn't know all the shots I've done, but like Lorena said, she reacted a little bit worse to me doing it then her...I think part of it is me being the "baby" of the family for so long, yet she has always said I'm like her alot, sexually and other ways...though I can still count how many people I've slept with-lol.

She's eased up about now a whole lot more, but like Lorena pretty much said, she's open minded with us, and talks about sex pretty freely(I remember a hilarious conversation we had where at the end she mentioned she could never in a million years talk to her mother the same way; and I mentioned, well grandma did have 15 kids, and was married for 2 years beforehaving her first child-so I think she knows what to do)

I also don't think I'd mind so much my kids doing abby modelling, so long as they were happy and had no regrets-also not sharing too much info with me!

Comment

Great thread! I think this has been up before but it's really cooking along nicely this time.

In the time I've been subscribed here, my daughter has gone from 15 or 16 to 18, recently. As an avid and highly accomplished dancer, she has fine figure and, so far, more than fills out a 34-D Victoria's Secret product. She didn't want them so big, actually.

The thought has crossed my mind about how I'd feel if she had chosen the upcoming college semester in Australia (instead of Greece), and had, somehow, paid a few visits to AWHQ for a lark. Maybe I'm kidding myself but, in the case of this particular site and, maybe, one like "BA", I really don't think I'd be upset. While the audience of the site is huge, I don't believe it's so huge that anyone she knows, (other than me), would ever see her in it and she has no career plans that would make this a sensitive liability.

Curiously, while her dance career has made her 100% comfortable with gay guys, she claims to be a bit "creeped out" by the women. Perhaps it is because she would be annoyed by a set of lesbians she would see in Boston publicly kissing and fondling one another on the "T", (subway). (They should "get a room"!)

Comment

Originally posted by tricia_l View Post
                            If you google my real name, you get alot of interesting things about be me, but probably none as incriminating as this.
                            But why would you or anyone else think this is incriminating? Is modeling like a crime or something?

And just yesterday I posed this question in Sue-Ann's thread. For the Vegas models, if your family didn't know about your AW modeling, what did you tell them when you headed overseas? Wouldn't they ask why you're going or where did you come up with the money all of a sudden?

Comment

i would not tell me parents! for one its non of their business what i get up to and two my mums opinions are her opinions and they are completly different to mine..my mum walks around naked in front of us and tweezers her bikin line in the yard! shes quite young in that respect! maybe not anymore.. but shes taught me how to be confident. but i guess she wouldnt understand why i have done it and she would be a little dissapointed in me.. bc respectful young ladies dont strip and pose for internet websites for men! but anyway thats my impressions so she is better off not knowing.. i dont tell her many things i get up to bc its my life and i want her to remeber me for the good things not the bad! x

Comment

Originally posted by juanita View Post
                                . i dont tell her many things i get up to bc its my life and i want her to remeber me for the good things not the bad! x
                                But posing for AW is not a bad thing, Juanita. But she might think that, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                                  Great thread! I think this has been up before but it's really cooking along nicely this time.

In the time I've been subscribed here, my daughter has gone from 15 or 16 to 18, recently. As an avid and highly accomplished dancer, she has fine figure and, so far, more than fills out a 34-D Victoria's Secret product. She didn't want them so big, actually.
                                  is she a professional dancer? like ballet?

how strange that she'd have big boobs then.

sorry lol. totally irrelevant but almost every high end dancer i know has trained so hard n stuff that they have little to no chest

ive mentioned elsewhere...the only reason i wouldnt tell my folks is coz 1. how the hell do u just bring that up in conversation (same reason i havent told them im bi)
                                  2. my mum has concerns about me getting nude and wanting to be a teacher...n has shared them with me...so...if it werent for my future career choices, she wouldnt care. shes not prduish...theres boobs all over the walls in my house n just today my folks were looking at websites about nudist resorts...*rolls eyes* they dont have what it takes to be nudists lol.

and my grandad used to take nude photographs in his back shed all the time....aparently professionally...hmm who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                    is she a professional dancer? like ballet?

how strange that she'd have big boobs then.

sorry lol. totally irrelevant but almost every high end dancer i know has trained so hard n stuff that they have little to no chest
                                    Hey, Ms. Cleo!

About the most I can say is that she came a long way by age 17 when she had an Aussie roomate at the year-around residential program of a major U.S. company. She was training among the official trainees of that company but has "retired" due to damage to her hip sockets that has required surgery. She did all dance forms but focused on ballet, in the last couple of years to put some notches on her resume. Yeah, she only wanted maybe "B-cups", as much more can get in the way. Ironically, the extreme athleticism you mention was a factor in the boobage, it is believed, taking b/c pills and thyroid meds for hypothyroidism and late, irregular menstruation thought to result from the endless training.

Wish I could post a dance pic here, even with face blurred, but that's likely not allowed!

Comment

I told my best friend yesterday, when i was a little drunk. She just laughed, and at first i was offended, and was like 'Why are you laughing?' and she simply said 'I can't believe how much they pay you!'. She wasn't being mean, or anything, she was just shocked. I wanted to show her the photos but she declined. Said she was worried it would change how she looked at me. Now we've been best friends for 10 years - but i guess theres got to be some kind of line right.. She knows everything about me, and ive been hanging out to tell her. So i'm alot happier now!

Comment

This is an interesting one... well, here's my two cents.

My parents don't know, and I have no particular intention to tell them. That being said, if they did find out (which I find quite possible), I'd only be mildly embarrassed. I'm not sure how exactly they'd react... I can imagine a few scenarios. The first one is that they would just shrug, say, "Oh well, it's your body", and that'd be it, though they might ask me a few questions, out of curiosity. The second scenario involves them trying to be open-minded, but wincing deeply every time a new intensity detail came to light, but still say, "Well, okay...... you're safe though, right?". And in the third scenario, they might be quite ticked, I can imagine my dad saying, "What the hell did you do that for? Are you perchance a little bit stupid?", but eventually just shake their heads with disgust and get on with life, although I may have to submit to a detailed interrogation.

In any case, I'm not that anxious to find out. If they do, I take the consequences, and reassure them if need be, and perhaps even quite pointedly say, "I know damn well what I did, and I see nothing wrong with it, so don't try to make me feel bad about it. I have evaluated the risks, and come to the conclusion that the potential consequences aren't that bad, and the risk is acceptable." Actually, that is probably my stock standard reply to anyone who might find out and question my motives.

As for my own kids: Well, once I had checked that they are safe, I'd probably be cheering for them. I was raised in a complacently non-religious, and quite sexually free environment. I can honestly say that my dad has never voiced any worries about the boys I brought home, really. That's probably because I only started at seventeen though... eighteen, really. My dad actually asked me once whether I was a lesbian, because of my apparent disinterest in boys, and later, when I did have a boyfriend, whom I hadn't slept with yet a few weeks into the relationship, my dad basically asked me with raised eyebrows why I hadn't yet, because it struck him as a little strange.

I guess it helps though that I can be pretty open with my parents. I did casually mention it to them that I was bi when I realised it. Their reaction was basically was, "What? How did you come to that conclusion? Oh well, okay then." They also know about my nonmonogamous exploits, and apart from my mum saying, "Please tell me you're using condoms," they have said nothing much about it, and just shrugged.

AbbyWinters.com is the most extreme thing I've done so far though, and the most public, so I can't know for sure. I guess I'll find out when they do, and I'm guessing they eventually will... I'm sort of playing a game with myself, wondering whether I will complete my first year at Abbywinters without them knowing. We shall see.

Comment

my best friend knows too...i told her, coz shes just so non judgment n a bit of a fuck up anyway so it could never be as bad as some of the things shes done (tho shes pretty straight edge when it comes to sex) and she was freaked out that there'd be creepy people in melb who knew me...i said it was mostly known is other countries but there was a chance gys around here would see it...she stopped worrying.
                                          said it was perfect for me. I love people looking at me..love fucking girls and i'd be getting paid for it. lol.

i talk to her about it a bit..n its good coz we can go on shopping spree's n she doesnt ask why I have wads of cash

Comment

Hey, Immie, I do hope it would be the second scenario ~ that's the least caring parents owe to their gorgeous daughter. And I hope they'd also check that Mr Immie was OK with it...

I'd never thought about the concept of your "first year at AW": do you have an exam at the end of it, and get a certificate you can pin up on the wall? (I'm sure there are lots of us here that would be happy to help with the exam ~ the Brits amongst us are forming an orderly queue even as we speak).

BREEZY

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                              its good coz we can go on shopping spree's n she doesnt ask why I have wads of cash
                                              Wads of cash??? You better be careful what you say, young Cleo, or 'senior management' might decide they're overpaying you. I'm sure you really only get paid "a modest token for all your exertions" .

Comment

Cleo: Hah hah, good to know. :-) A few of my close friends know, but yeah, I guess it's never a thing to go shouting off the rooftops... at least, not in this still rather prejudiced world.

Breezer: Oh, I'd be perfectly happy with the first scenario. :-) My parents know that I'm quite capable of taking care of myself and keeping myself safe... I have spent several years doing martial arts, which of course doesn't make me invincible, but boy, does it help! Especially as it has given me a way of carrying myself that says, "Don't. Fuck. With. Me," and coupled with my height... yeah, I'm kind of like a wombat. Nothing much fucks with me. Plus, my parents have always known me to be sensible, and not get drunk legless and pass out in a gutter or anything... I'm no teetotaler, but I'm pretty damn close! Last time I saw my dad, he actually said to another family member that he believes I have a very good balance when it comes to my alcohol intake.

I guess my point is, I think that generally, my parents have learned to respect my ability to stay safe and not do anything stupid that would endanger me, so them not going into great detail doesn't necessarily mean they don't care. We're just quite well-weaned off each other, because we live in different states, and I've lived away from homw for a few years now. I would imagine that even in the first scenario, they'd still ask "You are safe though, right?", but it may not go much further than that. *shrugs* And that would be ideal for me. And I'm glad to say that it might not even be too far-fetched, as they are pretty open-minded, and I can proudly say that my mum is probably in the top 1% of the coolest mums in the world, balanced with good common sense and caring.

And there is no particular concept of a "first year at AW", it's just a thing I had pulled out of my arse then. :-) What I mean is, can I even last one year, five, ten, without being outted? Who knows?

Oh, and Tricia, I'm glad you got around to telling your friend. :-) Makes such a difference. I'm so glad that I can share it with a few close friends, especially Mr Immie. :-) Makes it fit into normal life so much more seamlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by immie View Post
                                                  I can proudly say that my mum is probably in the top 1% of the coolest mums in the world, balanced with good common sense and caring.
                                                  That's just such a lovely thing to say. Good on you, kid: I'm sure you make her very, very proud.

Comment

That's just such a lovely thing to say. Good on you, kid: I'm sure you make her very, very proud.
                                                    Well, I hope I do. :-) Though I'm pretty sure that my parents do have their moments of "Oh God, what is our crazy daughter up to now?". But at the end of the day, I think they realise that they could have had a much tougher run with me than they did.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaAW View Post
                                                      told my mum, she didn't really care. dad caught me looking at my own shots on AW and (well he MUST of seen them) has never said a word. i think he was embarraced not as much as i! lol. all my friends know male and female. its no suprise to any of them
                                                      LeaAW,
                                                      even I am not an AW model had a similar experience.
                                                      After I came back from my ballet training my mother left for her exercise. This was the perfect time to enjoy AW because her lessons take more that two hours. Every time when I am just by my own I don't use the headset. As soon she left I started the computer undressed my jeans and watched some GG videos with Margaret (IM with Christiana and GG with Darcy) in tights and a shirt. I just watched it from the before through the after interview and wow, the videos were so great and I couldn't resist to stroke myself. Before going to bed I went to the kitchen and oh my gosh.
                                                      My mother was sitting there drinking coffee. First my reaction was panic and just babbled Hi and something like for how long are you already here?. She said already a while. I was very nervous and it seems that my mother enjoyed
                                                      it a little bit. then she said that I was too busy in front of the computer and obviously enjoyed it and therefore didn't want to disturb me. I was not really prepared and became very nervous. Then she started to talk about our family and it sounded that she started to give me a lecture about moral and I didn't felt very good. Because she said that I can be luck that my dad doesn't know.
                                                      And she told me that I have not feel guilty because she has no problems with it - even she is a little bit surprised that I enjoy watching girls so much. But as long I like it, it's fine with her.
                                                      Wow, that's a weight off my heart. I cling to my mothers body and felt very happy and cried with happiness. That is so great. I am very glad that things turned out to be okay. We had a long talk and I am so happy to have such great mom.
                                                      Luv Sabrina

Comment

... That, Ms. Sabrina, is a wonderful and convincing story we should all appreciate. Thanks, so much, for sharing it with us!

Rob

Comment

sabrina,
                                                          i have had soo, many close calls hear at dads that i'm going to start doing it at the AW HQ, at lest there i can see cloe b and eat snakes!
                                                          great tale thanks for sharing

Comment

eat snakes?

Sorry I found this thread fascinating and then I was a little startled when I saw "eat snakes".

Comment

Originally posted by Deevee51 View Post
                                                              eat snakes?
                                                              Click image for larger version

Name:	snakes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	636291
                                                              The most popular variety of snake in Australia, often to be found at AWHQ.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X