new AW employee: Toby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Todays first pic is a classic. First Katy and Lacey spell out to Toby that she's pretty popular with models she shoots as well as us members. The gorgeous lady photographer herself is looking resplendent (oooh check out mah big wurdzz ) in her red dress and gazes modestly elsewhere as if its no big deal.

Then Katy gets to know the wonderful new redhead that is Lacey. Sweet.

I will comment on my own question about my fav Toby shoots so far when I have a little more time later on.

Susie, is that you with the videocamera?

SF

Comment

It was the sexy Susie who filmed todays T3

Comment

Originally posted by flatspin View Post
        If you don't mind, I'd like to follow up here. It seems like it is now a policy to actively seek staffers outside of AW rather than in house because of concerns about "skills, availability, demeanor and willingness." That's what it has looked like to me for a while, even though it hasn't been spelled out like this before. This is a change, probably the right one for abbywinters.com, but still a change never the less. I thought the previous policy, a good one in my opinion, was that by training ex-models (i.e. had been nude in front of a camera before) they would have more empathy with the new amateur models on shoot. Maybe this is what chiefbrody is on about?
        Flatspin this is partly what i meant, look at the joey video,she says she was nervous at the interview and jamie put her at ease by saying she'ed done the modelling herself.only staff who also have the AW modelling experience can really know.
        staff having modeled as well is why i love this site why doesn't anyone understand this, i got so angry being told it's over.
        Last edited by chiefbrody; 16 February 2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I am just glad that the online support staff are all nekkey when they respond to my requests for help!

rt...

Comment

Sometimes you can't find the perfect person in a limited pool, and you have to widen your search. There's never been a strict policy, it's just been a useful convenience that we have managed to find ideal candidates in amongst our models. And there's nothing to say we won't continue to do so in the future.

I think ChiefBrody's only seeing a new feature, the AW Today, in a light he doesn't recognise as being the de rigeur, simply because it's not something we've shown in this way before - i.e., a daily look at AW behind-the-scenes, as opposed to in the weekly collections of Backstage.

Comment

Thank you for saying that,i really hope in the future this will happen again,it's part of my AW experience i don't want to live without,i have to maintain(and i mean no offence) that i don't like the non modelling staff on shoots they haven't had the AW modelling experience and can't really know the reallity of the girl they are shooting who's giving all,i will live with it but i don't like it.

Comment

perhaps we should get back to the matter at hand.....the sexy Toby!

Comment

Originally posted by Vid Dude View Post
                  it's just been a useful convenience that we have managed to find ideal candidates in amongst our models.
                  And I've always supposed that there's less risk in hiring someone you've met and whose personality you already know.

Comment

Originally posted by katy View Post
                    perhaps we should get back to the matter at hand.....the sexy Toby!
                    Way to go Katy, after all this is her thread.

Comment

First, my contribution to the discussion about staff members being seen on the site:

Originally posted by centaur View Post
                      Speaking as a member, when I want to see what happens behind the scenes at a place like this, I want to see private glimpses of everything in the AW world, whether a model is present or not.

Even a photo of a contractor on a ladder in the middle of their office, painting, would let me see parts of the office I've never been privy to before. It's amazing what interesting things you can find if you keep your eyes open.

And certainly Toby belongs in many of the "What Happened" photos. It makes no difference to me whether she has modeled or not. She's very cute. And even if they showed Vid Dude or Willow taking part in a "What Happened" photo, that wouldn't bother me. On the contrary. They are very much a part of what makes AW tick, and Iam interested in the whole process of running the site.

I can see thousands of model pics here and of course they are the main draw, but what other site will let you see the inner workings like this site does?

Centaur spoke out of my heart...

When I joined AW early in january I wasn't aware of the backstage section, even avoided it (although I don't know why, anymore). Then I came across the WHaAWHQt-pictures and along with the earlier video newsletters presented by Mathilda where she showed us around the new AWHQ it dawned to me just how much work is behind the pictures and videos I enjoy here.

Afterwards I really got into looking at the backstage pictures. I think, being able to have a few glimpses of how it's like at AWHQ and whilst the shoots were done gives me an idea why AW is such a great site (meaning everything here, not only the pics and vidoes), why models seem to like to come back and spend time there. It may sound a bit strange but I don't think of AW as only a site or company but more like a good friends home. Like in such a house there's work done, there's laughing, maybe sometime harder words when something isn't going the way it should but overall a place where most really like to go to... and that without taking into account that a visitor may encounter beautiful women in various states of dress (or undress)...

About the rare appeareances of Vid Dude, willow or the other members of the AW staff, male and female:
                      I think they should be shown more often because I don't think AW would run the it is right now without them! So I think it would be good to give them credit for their work by showing them (if they like to be shown). Maybe sometime there will be a group picture of all staff members (I know, Abby won't be seen but someone has to take the pic *g*). Or maybe one every 6 months or so...

About the part of staff members having done shoots before becoming staff members:
                      I think those are two different things. I enjoy it when they've done it but it doesn't lessen my appriciation of the work of those who haven't.

The best at last:

Toby, I really love your work and the style i which you shoot the models. I can't say I have a favorite, simply because I can't choose because they are all great. Please continue doing what you're doing because it only get's better.

I'd really love to see more of you, no matter what you wear (as long as your smile goes with it). I have only one tiny little request about your choice of clothes:

Please please PLEASE never wear something like this: img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/Project_Grizzly_%28film%29.jpg

Just my thoughts,

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by chiefbrody View Post
                        i don't like the non modelling staff on shoots they haven't had the AW modelling experience and can't really know the reallity of the girl they are shooting who's giving all,i will live with it but i don't like it.
                        Since Jamie and Penny are the only AW photographers to have modelled for the site and Abby took ALL the photos herself until a couple of years ago, then nearly all the photos on the site have been taken by people who have not modelled for, at least, this site and I haven’t noticed Penny's photos bring out any more (or less) of her models personalities that Toby's.

Sure I'd like to see Toby model for the site; I'd also like to see Lorrena, Margaret and Kirra, and many more, model regularly for the site and see more B/G shoots: that probably isn't going to happen either so I'll just have to live with that. More than anything else though I want to see quality photos and videos of naked girls who have willingly chosen to pose: since Toby and her colleagues are supplying that in spades we should all be grateful for that and not, I think, get so worked up about whether they have, will or might model nude for the this site or any other.

Maybe when Abby splits the site, we can keep everyone happy by having a section featuring, clothed or otherwise, shots of her employees.

Comment

Please!!! Everyone. I don't think it's fair to Toby to be talking about this on her thread. Let''s talk about Toby.

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                            I think there should be a "What Toby did on AW today" section , so I could be sure to have my daily dose of Toby for sure.
                            I think Toby's fantastic. I certainly want MORE Toby, not less. Make that WAY more.

I also think she should get her own tab at the top of the member's section known as... The Toby-Tab!!

Comment

Yea, after seeing the "What happened at AWHQ picture" today, I just have to say it......

TOBY WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are we allowed to tell Toby how awesomely pretty she is, even though she's not a model and should be judged by what she does and not how she looks?

Because OMG she's gorgeous.

I'm sure physical beauty isn't a prerequisite to work at headquarters, so how do you think they wound up with such lovely employees?

(Get that smirk off your face, VidDude. I didn't mean you.)

Comment

Sure you are allowed voice your appreciation Arsby Besides she DOES look nice, heh.. Feel free to join the Toby Appreciation Society, a club so big they have an entire island to house all the members

Toby, what story DID you tell on the feb 13th AW-Today picture? Must be a neat story to get that much pretty girls to listen
                                  Last edited by Frans; 16 February 2007, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I can't help, but the picture of Toby in her red dress - in this now famous picture of today - is one of the sweetest I've seen so far on this site. The look of her face and her whole body language is priceless.

doinel

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                                      (Get that smirk off your face, VidDude. I didn't mean you.)
                                      Wait. What are you saying?

Comment

It is the loveliest picture of Toby yet.

SF

Comment

Eek! The I-Love-Toby pic went almost missing, it still exists but it's no longer on the front page and not in the Today Archive page so no-one can find it. Well unless they know to append an 'a' to the filename that is

Comment

Originally posted by alleyes1 View Post
                                            Please!!! Everyone. I don't think it's fair to Toby to be talking about this on her thread. Let''s talk about Toby.
                                            Toby is tops in my book! When she is holding that black camera body and big old 24~70 zoom lens it looks huge. Toby looks petite. Since she is not a model though we don't know her height. Is she 5'-2"?

Comment

Hmm.. 5' - 2" = 1.5748 m that's not that small is it? We do know that upcoming model Kylee is smaller than Toby, as Susie cheerfully noted Gotta wonder if height is advantage or disadvantage when shooting sets, prolly easier in the small student-sized rooms they're sometimes shot in

Comment

Toby is pretty little....I think she is about the same height as me (I am 162cm....I think thats 5'3ish)

Comment

Katy 162 cm, that's 0,8858 Fathoms, 0,0081 Furlongs or 382,6772 Picas .

Comment

LOL Yusa! I love random facts, will add these to the list

Comment

"382,6772 Picas" that's quite tall really..

383 times Click image for larger version

Name:	Pikachu.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	618206

is still quite high

I choose youuuuu ;-) (that goes for both Pikachu, Katy and Toby obviously ;-)
                                                      Last edited by Frans; 18 February 2007, 10:41 PM. Reason: like this piccie better

Comment

Originally posted by katy View Post
                                                        LOL Yusa! I love random facts, will add these to the list
                                                        I'm random person, sometimes even randy .

Comment

I'm random person, sometimes even randy .
                                                          Yusaid it!

rt...

Comment

Originally posted by Randomthoughts View Post
                                                            Yusaid it!

rt...
                                                            RT, I didn't meant to step on your territory on that one, sorry .

BTW this is Toby's thread, there should be some new spunky pictures of Toby .

Comment

(...)BTW this is Toby's thread, there should be some new spunky pictures of Toby .
                                                              Isn't every picture of Toby a spunky one?
                                                              Last edited by JackFreeway; 20 February 2007, 08:56 PM. Reason: Edit: Sorry... typo...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X