Indoor vs Outdoor Shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmar View Post
    Bondii - before you get in that taxi: Huh?? why would the filter be blocked? (I having a super dumb moment, sorry!)
    Same reason shower drains get blocked.

From you having to ask, we may deduce that either a) you've had a maid all your life, or b) that your bathroom must be absolutely filthy!
    Originally posted by emmar View Post
    (where's that taxi thing from by the way? I've seen it in some show or something but can't remember which one?)
    Actually dunno where I got that from. Could possibly have been Rob Schneider off SNL, dunno.
    Don't think there's any one show that could claim credit for having invented it though.

Comment

"taxi" is generally the word shouted out at drinking events when someone, who has been consuming alcohol, does something that renders them as looking drunk, such as knocking over a glass. it means they should go home and they've had ennough. usually said in good spirits, and the person may not even be drunk, just clumsy.

ohhh skinny dippy, i love it too. and i too had never really considered the words origins. wierd now that i do.

as for being a 'smoker', i have been known to dabble on the odd occasion. who hasnt???

Comment

Originally posted by julia_b View Post

as for being a 'smoker', i have been known to dabble on the odd occasion. who hasnt???
        I'm such a good girl that I never have

Comment

Comment

well, me for one... My sister (who I love very much, like a ... well, a sister) recently had the gall to tell me that I was a 'drip' when I was 16 years old... I was so cut! ROFL Just because I went to bookclub instead of to illicit drinking parties...

Bondii, my bathroom is quite clean, thank you!

Comment

You and I can be 'drips' together Emma!

Comment

Back for more

Let me weigh in for what it's worth and say I can't identify with outdoor shoots. I download them anyway, of course, but I can't imagine a girl doing those things outside. Why would she except for a camera person? Faye is an exception. She's the bad little cousin at the family reunion. They all take some imagination.

Comment

While outdoor photos look great there are so many things that can make creating them quite complicated. The weather, changing light, random people seeing you bare naked (who are sometimes NOT impressed!) .... it can make it such a drama! I think I perfer to shoot indoors as I can relax without having to worry about all of those factors.

Plus, I'm not really a rugged outdoors type so I think I'd look a little strange fighting off insects and red dirt. Hehe!

Comment

I think an outdoor shoot would be a lot of fun... I really like the look of some of the shoots that have been done out in the bush and in water (loved McKenzie's shoot in the water)... it's cool to see naked bodies in the outdoors 'cause it's not something you see everyday! lol, I would certainly not compain if Abby wanted me to do an outdoor shoot, but I guess they can be hard 'cause you have to rely on stuff like the weather (I hate the cold so wouldn't be very happy being naked and cold).

Luv Melinda

Comment

Oh agreed about McKenzie's shoot...its one of my faves, that girl is seriously HOT.

Was thinking about this topic the other day and have decided that I am just not an outdoor kinda girl. I like the beach but thats about it. I prefer inside activities and if I had the choice between exercising in a gym or outdoors I would pick the gym hands down. Running on a treadmill you dont have to worry about obstacles like people in your path, ruts and holes in the ground, dog poo that you could step in, you can just tune out and run!

Also, I get cold super easily so thats one reason that I dont like being outdoors (especially being naked outdoors!). In the 2nd shoot I did (that isnt up yet) I was FREEZING for most of the day but still managed to get a rip roaring sunburn

Comment

After reading Vid Dude's post about the guy that wanted to get a little too close at the end of McKenzie's beach IM, it made me wonder if this problem comes up much for outdoor shoots? So I guess this is a questions for the staff and the models that have done outdoor shoots, have you had much trouble from onlookers, or passers by, or gawkers? What would (or have) you do if a member of the public was being particularly difficult?

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
                          After reading Vid Dude's post about the guy that wanted to get a little too close at the end of McKenzie's beach IM, it made me wonder if this problem comes up much for outdoor shoots? So I guess this is a questions for the staff and the models that have done outdoor shoots, have you had much trouble from onlookers, or passers by, or gawkers? What would (or have) you do if a member of the public was being particularly difficult?

Luv Melinda
                          Oooooh, I bet there are some very interesting stories out there! Share, staff, share!

Comment

My outdoor shoot (that isnt up yet) went well for the stills with no one really bothering us but the video ended up taking AGES because it was afternoon and people were out for their afternoon walks with their dogs, children etc.

I've done an outdoor video for www.ifeelmyself.com and it was hilarious...one of the staff walked around telling anyone who came too close that we were shooting a documentary so could they please stay away LOL

Comment

Originally posted by katy View Post
                              My outdoor shoot (that isnt up yet) went well for the stills with no one really bothering us but the video ended up taking AGES because it was afternoon and people were out for their afternoon walks with their dogs, children etc.

I've done an outdoor video for www.ifeelmyself.com and it was hilarious...one of the staff walked around telling anyone who came too close that we were shooting a documentary so could they please stay away LOL
                              Hahaha, when I did my second IFM video we got busted by A TRAIN!

Yes... a train. The driver yelled at us.

I have to admit, all the drama and excitement made me extra frisky so when we finally got to a beautiful, quiet location for me to film my scene I came SO quickly.

Comment

Ha! I did a ISM shoot on a train track...a bridge which is still in use! The thrill was fabulous!

Comment

Good one girls, now I'm scared... they've been asking me to do an ifeelmyself.com shoot and I was considering doing it... but now you two are telling these stories about doing outdoor shoots and getting caught and what not... I think that'd make me too nervous to be able to focus and come... I would need somewhere nice and private where there's no chance of getting sprung, like say oh... the middle of the desert! I'm surprised the train driver yelled at you though Giselle, woulda thought that'd be a nice find for him...

Luv Melinda

Comment

Hi Katy! How are you?

to answer your question, I prefer indoor shoots. I just think the lighting tends to work better.

Comment

I'm surprised the train driver yelled at you though Giselle, woulda thought that'd be a nice find for him...
                                      It was a her.... and she was NOT impressed! Hahahaha

Comment

Hi RichardOne

I am pretty good thanks!

I've decided I like viewing indoor shoots better too....I think you get alot more insight into the model's personality when it is shot in an environment that is familiar to her rather than in an outdoor location she may never have been to before.

Although there is one location I'd love to do a shoot...the Women's Pool at Coogee Beach is gorgeous and I think it would be really sensual to do a shoot on the edge of the rock pools with waves splashing over the model's body....maybe thats a feasible shoot when AW open in Sydney!

Giselle, LOL@ train driver! How amusing

Comment

i absolutely love outdoor shoots. of my own shoots, my favourite by far is my outdoor one near the electrical tower thingies. every girl looks great in natural light, it somehow covers blemishes and bumps and bathes her in a gorgeous healthy glow.

Comment

Originally posted by Giselle View Post
                                            Hahaha, when I did my second IFM video we got busted by A TRAIN!

Yes... a train. The driver yelled at us.

I have to admit, all the drama and excitement made me extra frisky so when we finally got to a beautiful, quiet location for me to film my scene I came SO quickly.
                                            Wish I knew what name you used for IFM, so I could find it quickly!!!!

Comment

With a naturism sort of theme,then outdoor is better,but for a g/g indoors works much much better (i think)

Comment

I agree with you on this chief, I think outdoor GG T2 or T3 shots are somehow weird.

Lxm

Comment

Agree with chief and Lux.... GG outdoors just doesn't seem as natural.... plus more chance of getting poked in the bum with sticks and stuff too...

Luv Melinda

Comment

I like outdoor shoots very much, natural light, a nice girl running around, that's great stuff.

I just think T2 or T3 activity is somehow misplaced outside.
                                                    A nice T1 with girls playing around in the nude is fine.

Lxm

Comment

I must say that I prefer indoors shoots, the outdoors shots sometimes can show a bit of tension as if the model is waiting for somebody to pop out of the bush. Outdoor lighting is also difficult to control, bright sunshine casting too many shadows, the best time for outdoor shoots would be early morning or late afternoon when the contrast of the light can be controled. Lighting indoors can be far easier to control, natural light is the best light to use by far. Apart rom the technical side of things I find it more attractive watching two girls making love in a bed than 2 girls rolling about the grass with ants up their pants (unless you get a kick out of ants in your pants) and as Melinda put it getting poked in the bum with sticks and stuff too...Poor things hope that has never happened.
                                                      Last edited by coster4; 20 July 2007, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Repost from Melita's thread since Melita seems to be too busy lately to reply: Any AW staff care to answer?

I know there must be a proper thread in which to pose this question, but I can't be bothered to try and find it, so.........let me ask Melita, since she is the booker for AW shoots. I know the models can use their own homes for their solo and redux shoots, but where are the IM's, DIM's and GG videos shot? Are they done at the home of one of the models involved or possibly at the home of one of the staff members? I'm really curious about this. And if any AW staff or other AW models stop by this thread, feel free to answer...thanks.

Maybe AW rents someone's home for a few hours?...but that could get a little expensive plus how could you tell the owners that their place is going to be used to film for an erotic website?

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                                                          Repost from Melita's thread since Melita seems to be too busy lately to reply: Any AW staff care to answer?

I know there must be a proper thread in which to pose this question, but I can't be bothered to try and find it, so.........let me ask Melita, since she is the booker for AW shoots. I know the models can use their own homes for their solo and redux shoots, but where are the IM's, DIM's and GG videos shot? Are they done at the home of one of the models involved or possibly at the home of one of the staff members? I'm really curious about this. And if any AW staff or other AW models stop by this thread, feel free to answer...thanks.

Maybe AW rents someone's home for a few hours?...but that could get a little expensive plus how could you tell the owners that their place is going to be used to film for an erotic website?
                                                          laktor, I think the Abby Winters Housesitting Agency has no problems finding sites for the Modelling Division of the Company.
                                                          pee x

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                                                            You are a smart cookie there laktor... hey, when you turn over $10mil (according to interview with Abby) it's not really that expensive.... Thinking back to my shoots, gosh imagine if that was your favourite armchair that I was draped all over naked laktor (in my first shoot), haha, cool

Luv Melinda

Comment

You are a smart cookie there laktor... hey, when you turn over $10mil (according to interview with Abby) it's not really that expensive.... Thinking back to my shoots, gosh imagine if that was your favourite armchair that I was draped all over naked laktor (in my first shoot), haha, cool

Luv Melinda
                                                              Aw, thanks for the comment, Melinda, but unfortunately, I'm far from being smart because I still gotta ask: Are you saying renting homes IS EXACTLY WHAT AW DOES FOR SHOOTS? If so, what do they tell those home owners that they are going to be filming there?? I'm sorry to ask and the locations are really nice but my curiousity is just killing me here! So can you or anyone confirm this? And even if AW does this, how could you know that the inside of the home would hold a nice spot in which to do the shoot?

And by the way, Melinda, would you care to say if your main and redux shoots were done in your home and did AW rent locations for your IM's and GG shoot? Care to share with us or is it a no no?
                                                              Last edited by laktor; 30 October 2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X