Indoor vs Outdoor Shoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laktor View Post
    And by the way, Melinda, would you care to say if your main and redux shoots were done in your home and did AW rent locations for your IM's and GG shoot? Care to share with us or is it a no no?
    Laktor, if you stop and think about it for a moment you'll probably realise you already know the answer to this question... I live over 2 hours away from Melbourne, so clearly it would be virtually impossible to shoot in my home without us getting back to AWHQ at like 10pm at night!

Aw, thanks for the comment, Melinda, but unfortunately, I'm far from being smart because I still gotta ask: Are you saying renting homes IS EXACTLY WHAT AW DOES FOR SHOOTS? If so, what do they tell those home owners that they are going to be filming there?? I'm sorry to ask and the locations are really nice but my curiousity is just killing me here! So can you or anyone confirm this? And even if AW does this, how could you know that the inside of the home would hold a nice spot in which to do the shoot?
    *groan* oh laktor, you silly, you gotta read between the lines... I was trying to give you a direct answer but in an indirect way, as I'm not sure how much information I can discuss on here, lol... All I'll say is that what you wrote in this post is correct... got it?

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by peesoup View Post
      laktor, I think the Abby Winters Housesitting Agency has no problems finding sites for the Modelling Division of the Company.
      pee x
      Hey pee, I read this awhile ago but I'm just getting it now! Ah, laktor brain, please wake up sooner! But, pee, how did you know?

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
      Laktor, if you stop and think about it for a moment you'll probably realise you already know the answer to this question... I live over 2 hours away from Melbourne, so clearly it would be virtually impossible to shoot in my home without us getting back to AWHQ at like 10pm at night!
      Well, they could just come to you, couldn't they? Why would you have to go into AWHQ? In fact, if a model lives in the Melbourne area, on the day of the model's first shoot or redux, why bother with the model coming in to AWHQ at all? She could just wait for the shoot crew to arrive at her house.

Originally posted by Melinda View Post

*groan* oh laktor, you silly, you gotta read between the lines... I was trying to give you a direct answer but in an indirect way, as I'm not sure how much information I can discuss on here, lol... All I'll say is that what you wrote in this post is correct... got it?
      Yeah, I kind of knew I was right when you said I was a smart cookie, but I just wanted to be sure. It's like being a smart student, always double checking my work. And I don't see any reason why AW can't say they rent homes for indoor location shoots. After all, they have explicitly stated that they shoot in the model's home when possible, so why not confirm using rented homes too? Not much difference there. And, by the way, when you say you're not sure how much info you can discuss, but then say what I wrote is correct....well, that's basically giving me the information that you're not sure you can discuss, right?(he, he).

But, from what Melita just posted today in answer to this question, I suppose that for IM's, DIM's and GG shoots, AW would still prefer to use one of the model's homes if possible, for the comfort factor and would just find another location if for some reason they couldn't use a model's home, or if the shoot was one of those where they actually shot at AWHQ...for example, when Valerie did an IM at the office and I recall a DIM a few months ago done on the desk at HQ.

Comment

Well, they could just come to you, couldn't they? Why would you have to go into AWHQ? In fact, if a model lives in the Melbourne area, on the day of the model's first shoot or redux, why bother with the model coming in to AWHQ at all? She could just wait for the shoot crew to arrive at her house.
        No, not a chance laktor! Doing a shoot is soooo much more complicated than you might think... There is a heap of work that goes into it, not to mention lost of things that us models have to do AT AWHQ before and after our shoots that it would simply be almost impossible to have the AW team travel to a model's house, especially my house, lol.... I can't really go into details about all the behind the scenes/backstage/setting up stuff laktor, mainly because it would take me forever to type it all out, but also because I don't know every detail of work that goes into the shoots and because Abby doesn't want to share every little detail about their jobs with us all... ... But good on you for being curious laktor, nothing wrong with asking questions!

Luv Melinda

Comment

outdoor shoots in very public places

Today I came across one of Chloe B's shoots from 2 years ago that I can't believe I haven't watched before. Shame on me since I'm a huge fan of Miss Chloe. This shoot has Chloe demonstrating footy at what looks like a very public park. You can see several people going by, joggers, bikers, people walking dogs, etc. Yet Chloe still gets naked and frolics around. I can't believe everyone going by doesn't even notice! There must be lots of blind people in Australia who can walk straight and bike straight! Now I've seen outdoor shoots like this before, Roseanne for example, but the video gal would cover her up quickly with a blanket or something if someone comes by. But not in this video. Chloe just keeps on doing her thing. She and the AW crew really have some nerve, that's for sure. I'm also wondering about the area behind the video gal that we can't see and how public that is. From the sounds in the video, it seems like there was lots of traffic in the area. I am really very surprised that the AW crew would attempt shoots like this with the risk of being arrested. It must have come close to happening a few times. I know if I was jogging or walking by I would definitely have noticed, especially a person with a rather large video camera and a naked girl!

Comment

I prefer outdoor shoots - because a naked body outside is something you don't see everyday
            Also I like to see the sunbeams on a naked body and especially if they gleam through a curly bush ...

Comment

As an editor and all-around lazy cuss, I much prefer indoor shoots.

With indoor shoots things like lighting, exposure and even background are in control and stable.

Outdoor shoots are a real challenge both to the photographer taking the shots and the editor selecting the best ones because of the varying lighting and shadowing. Not to mention bugs. I've been yelled at by the illustrious Abby for allowing bugs in the picture. Bugs are not sexy. ("But they are natural," I say. "@#$% off!," Abby responds.)

Those outdoor shoots are often awesomely beautiful, but they're also a pain in the neck. Kudos to the photographers for doing such a great job with them.

Comment

I've said before i prefer indoor,lovely cozy like works much better for me,biggest regret is that krisin's g/g was outside.

Comment

I think outdoor shoots look better but I actually much prefer working indoors. My skin is so pale that even when applying suncream every ten minutes I will fry in the sun. I applied suncream just about that often during the Jelly Wrestling shoot and I still got burnt on my face and breasts...and then I always end up with a heat rash! So although I do agree that the outdoors looks great I don't like doing them...unless they were done at sunrise/sunset when the sun isn't as strong but I know AW likes to shoot in the middle of the day. Even shooting outside in winter would be better...maybe other models would disagree on that one but it's no secret that I HATE Summer...bring on the rain and the cold and come rug up with me in front of the telly!!! Angie xox

Comment

Get a factor 30 or so water-proof, that should handle the sun-burning I think you'll find plenty of volunteers to rub in some after-sun on the parts which do managed to get sunburned. Actually that might result in long line, heh....

Hope you didn't have too much trouble with sunburn after that shoot though, shoots are supposed to be fun for all involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
                      Get a factor 30 or so water-proof, that should handle the sun-burning I think you'll find plenty of volunteers to rub in some after-sun on the parts which do managed to get sunburned. Actually that might result in long line, heh....

Hope you didn't have too much trouble with sunburn after that shoot though, shoots are supposed to be fun for all involved!
                      Don't get me wrong Frans..I had HEAPS of fun on the Jelly shoot! With those girls how could you not!!! It was a super sexy day!

I actually have a factor 50+ Coppertone Water-proof sunscreen that I got in America and even that doesn't stop me getting burnt! I think I am just highly sensitive to any sun exposure. I have even managed to get burnt at 4:30 in the afternoon.

Indiana offered me kisses on my burnt little nose that made me feel better! LOL

Comment

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that the ultraviolet rays from the sun, which damage the skin, are just as strong when the sun is low on the horizon as when it is high in the sky. Sorry if I sound pedantic...

Comment

Can't you also get sunburnt on a cloudy day because the UV rays can penetrate the clouds?

Comment

Artlover, I think you are probably right but apparently the sun is the HOTTEST in the middle of the day...so perhaps it just makes it worse...of maybe it makes it worse because the sun is in the middle of the sky thus making the least amount of shadows to hide from it?

Yep, I get burnt on cloudy days...but not as much...so there must be some filtration for protection. I LOVE cloudy days!

Comment

Indoor shoots are my preference, as for the earlier reference to a hasselbland, what a camera, the new digital model costs about £9000-00 (thats just for the body alone) rather expensive for a still camera. The cost of the lens also match the cost of the camera body. The results are stunning, just like the girls at Abbey Winters.
                              Myself I can only afford Nikon, the D3 is an awesome camera, better than any rubbish from Canon.

Comment

My solo was inside on a stinking hot aussie summer day and my DIM SIM was outside on a miserable overcast aussie day :P lol so weather wise i really lucked out. But i much prefered the outside shoot, i dont know what it was but it was almost naughty to be masterbating outside, a total change from a bed or couch. But i didnt even think of snakes or spiders or bugs untill i read some of the other posts :S thats a scary thought. lol i guess i was too caught up in the moment

Comment

hmm, it's hard to say on this one...I certainly do enjoy indoor shoots as they can be a bit cozier, however, I really liked doing outdoors as well, it wasn't too hot, and we were in the shade anyway, so it was good fun. I agree Ilona, you don't think about or notice bugs etc, as you get caught up in the moment, and it is a bit thrilling that you might get caught. I've had sex outdoors, and I swear it was soo much better, even though we didn't get caught(though I suppose that's a good thing), I got way more excited, as did he, and we both had better orgasms.

Comment

I do enjoy outdoor shoots, as they indeed emphasise the naturist side of it, which I absolutely love, but the drawback is that it is obviously harder to control the lightning, so often the outdoor videos tend to be of somewhat lower quality than the indoor ones.

Comment

Mr Ramone:
                                      so often the outdoor videos tend to be of somewhat lower quality than the indoor ones.
                                      I suspect the best equipment is left at the office for outdoor shoots. Makes sense.
                                      For a good outdoor shoot, you need subdued lighting; not bright sunshine. Waterside girls is a good example. Lovely shoot in a nice shady location. Reminded me (and others) of the Waterhouse painting adorning Pillow fight girls.

Comment

Originally posted by lanbo View Post
                                        Mr Ramone:

I suspect the best equipment is left at the office for outdoor shoots. Makes sense.
                                        I doubt that. It's more a case of having far less control over your environment as compared to indoors. Can't just dim the sun to a desired level

Comment

I doubt that.
                                          Well, what about BMX girls. I know it was something of an action shoot, but .... not best!
                                          I think; stay at home where you have control. Or go somewhere where the sun don't shine. (don't anyone say uranus).

Comment

Defnetly it is a pain in the ass seeing the models perform outside, where you can imagine distractive conditions for them. I´ve allways wondered why do people care to film in difficult places/positions, like a sofa or on the floor, rather than a good 100 focused sex on bed....

Comment

The different styles of sets are used to avoid repetitive things.
                                              Always the same set, even with the most beautiful models gets somehow boring after a while.

That's why we're always searching for new locations for our shoots.

Lxm

Comment

The different styles of sets are used to avoid repetitive things.
                                                Always the same set, even with the most beautiful models gets somehow boring after a while.

That's why we're always searching for new locations for our shoots.
                                                The set doesn't matter. The location doesn't matter.
                                                What does matter is clear, unfussy photography / filming of the models in the best possible natural light with the best equipment. Having seen enough AW videos to comment, I can say without question that this can only be achieved indoors.
                                                Quality is never boring.
                                                How can anyone say that even the most beautiful models get boring after a while? Luxman, are you ok? do you need a holiday? Have you ever been to Liechtenstein? Vaduz is a fantastic city (if you can find it).

Comment

Being the guy who sees ALL the AW videos before they go live, I can tell you everything gets boring after a while.
                                                  You probably can't imagine, but the set and the environment makes a lot for the quality of a video, not only the naked girl.

Yes, I'm fine, thanks for asking, and yes, I'm waiting for my holidays coming up in two weeks.

I have also seen Vaduz, but I don't understand what this has to to with the topic.

Lxm

Comment

You probably can't imagine, but the set and the environment makes a lot for the quality of a video, not only the naked girl.
                                                    I think my imagination is one of my best bits. I certainly use it a lot.
                                                    If the set / location was a white cloth on a white floor, then I would be happy. That way, I could concentrate on the model and know the photographer was doing the same. If I wanted to have picturesque scenery, or whatever, then I could imagine it. To have it in reality is distracting.

and AW is not alone in thinking its customers need to see the equivalent of 'holiday snaps' along with its girls.
                                                    So, for me, IT IS only the girl.

and while I'm on the subject of holiday snaps, my earlier comment had nothing to do with the topic. I was being imaginative.
                                                    Just one suggestion for your holiday: don't go anywhere near naked girls.

Comment

Although it might get a little chilly in the winter, I think I'd prefer to shoot outdoors. A summer fun outdoors nude romp would be up there in my favourite things to do list, for sure. I've only shot indoors with AW's so far, which i think is mainly because it's winter. But as soon as the icecream vendors hit the street, thongs and singlets are outnumbering scarves and boots, and the grass is long and unmowed, I'll be out there running around with my kit off in the fields, most definitely (irrespective of more abby winters shoots or not! :P)

Comment

that sounds like soooo much fun tricia!!!!! I want it to be summer now-it's freezing!! I love running around naked in the summer time too, it's great fun. I just have to wear lots and lots of sunscreen as I'm very pale and burn lots. although I did get even coloring on my outdoor shoot with shelly b

Comment

i love out doors! hot or cold! actually i've never really been blessed with good weather. both ISM shoots were out doors, the last one i was raining till i finnished then it hailed. loved it ( got a thing for being naked in public can u tell?) i like wild outdoor weather works for the hair, goose-pimples look sexy in photos and who doesn't like the idea of getting caught? however i don't mind the indoor shoots as long as there is an atmosphere to play in(does that make sence?) i'd love to do a shoot or T3 in long grass with a late arvo sun, some gum trees in the background wouldn.t that be fine?

Comment

that sounds like fun too lea w. I'd love to do more outdoor shoots, maybe in the springtime, after rain when everything is fresh and clean, hot naked ladies frolicking in the sunshine....then get down and dirty for a t-3 hahahhahahahahaha

Comment

is that a date?? haha "insert evil laugh here"

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X