Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor vs Outdoor Shoots

Hi Guys

I was wondering whether you prefer to look at pictures and videos of indoor or outdoor shoots? Models...do you prefer one over the other?

I have now done one of each (my outdoor redux just today) and it is quite a different experience. With outdoor shoots its necessary to keep an eye out for people who may wander on by and catch a glimpse of something that they didnt expect and also with it being the Australian summer, we had a bit of an issue with bugs (ants in particular) and also I managed to get a little sunburned.

I found my indoor shoot to be more intimate, I could relax a more....although there is something to be said for sunshine and a light breeze hitting places that aren't usually exposed!

I love outdoor shoots and that would be my choice, except for the obvious point that it is harder to do explicit shoots outside, though Annette P's shoot today and Janis's yesterday are nice exceptions.
    I think there are only one or two outdoor IMs, and would love to see more - I remember McKenzie's IM on the dunes, and am delighted she is back next week, again out of doors. But I do realise that it isn't easy to find the right circumstances!

Comment

I don't have a preference for indoor or outdoor shoots. Whatever the model is comfortable with and displays her and her personality in the best light (literally and figuratively.) I enjoy listening to the ambient noises of Aussie fauna but I wouldn't want an ant or spider to run up my ass either. Some outdoor shoots are too far away, such as cartwheels in the distance. But a question on a variation of outdoor shoots: I would like to see the gorgeous AW models out in public. Flashing not necessary, but would be appreciated. Just seeing these gorgeous women walking about in the real world would be a kick. Bras and panties not required. OK, I'm busted.
      -K

Comment

Speaking as an editor I much prefer indoor shoots.
        Outdoor shoots are much harder to edit -- challenges with lighting, shadowing, focus, and composition (not to mention bugs on the model's skin) are all more prevalent in outdoor shoots. Kudos to the photographers for doing such a great job on the outdoor shoots, which are so much more difficult to control.

Originally posted by oceangrey
        I would like to see the gorgeous AW models out in public. Flashing not necessary, but would be appreciated. Just seeing these gorgeous women walking about in the real world would be a kick. Bras and panties not required.
        I'm not too sure about this. ATK premium has shoots that include the model walking through airports and shopping in stores. Trust me, this is not erotic. I'd rather the photographers concentrate on the nude figure, not tourism. On the other hand ALS (I think ALS) had series with images of the nude model expertly photoshopped into regular street scenes, with bystanders apparently strolling right by the model (sometimes doing explicit poses) without reacting to her. I guess some people get turned on by the exhibitionism piece of that, not me. It just seemed contrived.

Comment

If you want the nude figure, go to the Louvre or MOMA for photography. AW excels because there is no airbrushing, no contrived studio settings. I still maintain that simply watching an AW model walk down an airport concourse is more erotic and intriguing than all the studio shots you could set up with your fans, lighting, and Hasselblads.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrey View Post
            ...I still maintain that simply watching an AW model walk down an airport concourse is more erotic and intriguing than all the studio shots you could set up with your fans, lighting, and Hasselblads.
            Well, maybe, if she's wearing a short skirt and sleeveless. I'd still prefer to see her with the fans, lighting and Hasselblads but completely nude.

Comment

Then buy a Playboy.

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrey View Post
                Then buy a Playboy.
                Sure, if they cut down on the makeup, airbrushing, and posing.
                Haven't you looked at the backstage pics? Abby uses augmented lighting for the shoots. That's not what sets her apart, it's the "naturalness" of the models vs the "fakeness" of Playboy.
                I'd rather have augmented lighting than augmented models!

P.S. wtf's a "Hasselblad"? Wasn't he the actor in the Spongebob movie?

Comment

I like outdoor When it involves naturism type moments
                  but when it comes to G/G,indoor on a bed (not a sunbed, not a pool table)is best in my opinion

Comment

No overwhelming preference, but I do like a good outdoor shoot. A few of my reasons for this are:
                    • the natural beauty of outdoor light - I appreciate this is more work for editors, as Arsby alludes to, but the natural light shots (indoors and out) have a quality that is lost in the artificial light shoots
                    • the "Australianness" of the shoots. A bedroom might be anywhere, but a shoot outdoors, especially in open country, has a unique flavour dependent on the locale. (The same would apply to an outdoor shoot in any country of course - it would be distinctive on account of the locality)
                    • the bucolic charm of girls disporting nekkid in the open air cannot be underestimated

Comment

I like both - circumstances do have to be right though for the outdoors ones. The first shoot I did the still and vids on different days, the vid day was much colder than the first one and SO windy it's a wonder they got any sound out of it. When I did my recent redux it was on a stinking hot 40-degree day and I was SO glad to be inside though!!!

But the outdoors can be so beautiful though, in a way the indoors isn't necessarily...

Comment

I actually prefer outdoor shoots. It's a small gripe I've had over the past months with AW that I chose to keep to myself: the lack of new outdoor shoots.
                        It's supposed to be an Aussie-girl site, spring's gone, it's summer, so show us some Aussie nature.

There used to be so many outdoor shoots, but now it seems everything is comfortably, safely,
                        many-shoots-a-day-to-get-though-so-let's-not-take-any-risks-with-doing-them-outside
                        shot inside. NOT happy with that trend.

Comment

I wonder if safety IS a problem. I understand from the Media that with the current drought, Brown snakes are increasingly found in Parks and even homes. They are deadly and stand their ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ham View Post
                            I wonder if safety IS a problem. I understand from the Media that with the current drought, Brown snakes are increasingly found in Parks and even homes. They are deadly and stand their ground.
                            Maybe the Safety Officer is supposed to kill them

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii View Post
                              the lack of new outdoor shoots.
                              On the news page right now (not counting IMs, Reduxes from long ago, and Backstage) nine out of the ten shoots shown are outdoors.

You, sir, have no argument.

Comment

Originally posted by ham View Post
                                YIKES!!!!!!!! Although, it's probably unlikely to find them around where I live, so near the city (please, don't contradict me anyone!) I'd actually not thought about wildlife hazards! Man I'm so oblivious... I won't go anywhere without a roller bandage and whistle now ! LOL

Comment

We have seen lots of snakes out on shoots recently, which is always a bit of a worry and something to look out for, but i wouldnt let the risk of snakes deter me from shooting outside. I actually like snakes and as soon as they hear us, they slither away really quickly. So, with the noise that a shoot usually generates, snakes are a million miles away.
                                  Whenever we can shoot outside we do, but we like to get one outdoors shoot and one inside one, for a model. This is for variation and to suit different tastes.
                                  There are way more variables shooting outside, the weather is something to consider, finding nice private locations if the backyard cant be used, and some models just dont suit outside locations.

Comment

Do you do many G/G shoots outdoors Toby?

Comment

I like shooting outdoors! I love being naked especially outside!! And seeing as the majority of the world doesnt share my feeling, a shoot is one of the few times i get to!! I used to live in the coutry so I had no problems coz I had no neighbours!! I could wander freely in my most natural state! I'd love to do one outside in the rain!! That would be cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by shelly_b View Post
                                        I like shooting outdoors! I love being naked especially outside!! And seeing as the majority of the world doesnt share my feeling, a shoot is one of the few times i get to!! I used to live in the coutry so I had no problems coz I had no neighbours!! I could wander freely in my most natural state! I'd love to do one outside in the rain!! That would be cool!!
                                        Yeah not everyone approves of people wandering around buttnaked! LOL I've never been naked in the rain, not sure I'd like it unless it had been stinking hot... I don't like to be cold and wet... But, one of my favourite things EVER was when I lived with my ex at his family's house and they had an outside swimming pool ... it was SO nice on really really hot days to go swimming without any clothes on, just felt so different from wearing bathers - not sure why really, it's not like there's a lot to bathers these days, but it sure was good!

Comment

OOhh! Naked swimming is awesome! I used to go to this lake thing out in the bush, and we'd go skinny dipping there! It was pretty secluded! heaps of fun!!

Comment

hey all!!! i too have dont an in nad outside shoot, though my redux outside shoot was in the backyard of a house, so does that count? and it was cold!! i remember it and holding poses in the wind... bet there will be some goose bumbs in that one. or are we mainly meaning outside in public places. i n the backard was totally relaxed as unlikely to get caught, but in public places is fun as the posssibility of getting caught adds to the excitment and naughtiness of it. t though the logistics are hell. poor photographers!! i got dirt and leaves al over e though
                                            im totally with katy on the sunburn isssue i absolutley HATE getting burnt, and that would be my main worry, esp in summer shoots. and i wouldnt want to lather in sunscreen as then you get that (yukky) sheen/shine from the greasy lotion... even with the 'non-greasy' types it happens. and once on a shoot id tend to forget about the sun, so that increases chances of burning... ahhh the dilemmas.

in conclusion... i like ouside shoots on nice days. i reckon a GG outside with nce grass would be a good way to do one.

Comment

Originally posted by julia_b View Post

in conclusion... i like ouside shoots on nice days. i reckon a GG outside with nce grass would be a good way to do one.
                                              if this is a sort of hint someone should take note

Comment

Originally posted by julia_b View Post
                                                i reckon a GG outside with nce grass would be a good way to do one.
                                                Didn't realise you were a smoker Jules.

Taxi!

Comment

Originally posted by Bondii View Post
                                                  Didn't realise you were a smoker Jules.

Taxi!
                                                  LOL

Yay shelly's with me on the naked swimming! Whoohoo! In a lake would be really nice I reckon!

Why is it called skinny dipping anyway? That name makes no sense to me whatever...

I agree with Julia about the sunscreen, I HATE sunscreen (bad I know in our climate downunder) - even the non-greasy ones are disgusting and they all smell bad...

Comment

Originally posted by shelly_b View Post
                                                    OOhh! Naked swimming is awesome! I used to go to this lake thing out in the bush, and we'd go skinny dipping there! It was pretty secluded! heaps of fun!!
                                                    I LOVE swimming naked- haven't had a chance to do it for a couple of years. Not a chance at the moment though- it's too bloody cold!!! I can't wait for summer and a few trips to the nude beach along the coast- either that or I need friends with a heated pool...

Comment

I was lucky enough to be alone for a few hours today in a house that has a pool....I took full advantage and went for a dip...I HAD to go naked, I forgot my swimsuit

Comment

^Sure the owner's gonna come back & wonder why the filter's suddenly blocked.

Taxii!

Comment

Originally posted by emmar View Post
                                                          Why is it called skinny dipping anyway? That name makes no sense to me whatever...
                                                          Hi Emma,

Maybe it's a regional thing--In Texas we often refer to swiming (pool, lake, whatever) as taking a dip. Do so wearing nothing but your skin, and you have skinny dipping.

HM

Comment

Originally posted by Havemercy View Post
                                                            Hi Emma,

Maybe it's a regional thing--In Texas we often refer to swiming (pool, lake, whatever) as taking a dip. Do so wearing nothing but your skin, and you have skinny dipping.

HM
                                                            Ah, that makes most excellent sense!! Thanks HM - I guess I associated the word 'skinny' more with 'thin' than with 'skin'!!

Bondii - before you get in that taxi: Huh?? why would the filter be blocked? (I having a super dumb moment, sorry!)
                                                            (where's that taxi thing from by the way? I've seen it in some show or something but can't remember which one?)

Katy: damn, what a shame you forgot your bathers!! *sigh* sometimes you just have to make do, I guess...

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                            Working...
                                                            X