No announcement yet.

Shoot memorabilia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the firm ever wanted to do something extra-special to raise money for charity, a memorabilia auction might get the job done. (eBay offers private listings, in which bidder IDs are not shown so as to protect their privacy. What I'm not sure of is whether eBay can make a listing itself hidden so that abbywinters.com can control who sees it. Contrary to something said earlier in the thread, eBay does allow listings of adults-only material, but the idea I'm about to suggest needn't be the least bit erotic to work.)

Chiefbrody's idea is good, but here's a similar one that doesn't involve cutting up clothing: A postcard-sized photo of an AW model, with her kiss-print on the back in her favorite shade, and maybe an autograph, too.

One potential problem with this idea is some models' memorabilia would inevitably attract more bids than others, and there might be hurt feelings. I'm sure Melinda would have no trouble rallying her troops.
    Last edited by MightySpork; 16 August 2007, 04:37 AM. Reason: You know, it just needed a smiley.

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
      Do the girls count a memorabilia, 'cause there's quite a few I wouldn't mind to collect, hehe....
      You'd need an awfully big trophy case. And remember, you have to feed them.

Comment

Originally posted by MightySpork View Post
        Chiefbrody's idea is good, but here's a similar one that doesn't involve cutting up clothing: A postcard-sized photo of an AW model, with her kiss-print on the back in her favorite shade, and maybe an autograph, too.

One potential problem with this idea is some models' memorabilia would inevitably attract more bids than others, and there might be hurt feelings. I'm sure Melinda would have no trouble rallying her troops.
        Yep love it Spork, a great idea and if all or most of the money raised from such auctions went to charity then I would 100% love to be involved, plus I think if it's for charity then hurt feelings don't become an issue, the fact is that model is still doing something helpful for a good cause, personally it wouldn't bother me one bit if my autograph sold for $1 and another model's sold for a $100... the only real problem I see with your idea Spork is doing it through eBay, unless there is a way for ONLY AW members to view the auctions as you said, but I don't think it works like that, otherwise most models might not like the idea of their AW association being advertised on such a mainstream site... but if Abby was to conduct the auctions totally internally, then fantastic!

Luv Melinda

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post
          Yep love it Spork, a great idea and if all or most of the money raised from such auctions went to charity then I would 100% love to be involved, plus I think if it's for charity then hurt feelings don't become an issue, the fact is that model is still doing something helpful for a good cause, personally it wouldn't bother me one bit if my autograph sold for $1 and another model's sold for a $100... the only real problem I see with your idea Spork is doing it through eBay, unless there is a way for ONLY AW members to view the auctions as you said, but I don't think it works like that, otherwise most models might not like the idea of their AW association being advertised on such a mainstream site... but if Abby was to conduct the auctions totally internally, then fantastic!
          Thank you! I just went out for a walk, and did manage to think of another objection to my idea, and possibly a deal-breaker. Collectible items do sometimes find their way back onto the market, and they may be promoted by their sellers in ways that may not reflect well upon the models depicted or the AW brand. I would assume that most of the original buyers would cherish the items and hold them, but there is this risk.

Comment

Good point! Might become like Barry Bond' balls or Elvis' instrument ughhh

Comment

I'd bid on a memorabilia auction. I also know a web programmer who worked for a company that just went under, and I suspect he'd be willing to set up an auction thingie pretty cheap while he's between jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by katy View Post
                What I would want......there was an awesome red chair (not disimilar to the orange one in your shoot Melinda) that was really awesome and I'd love to have it in my house
                I got to use a cool red chair I wanted for my own house in a shoot too!! It was totally retro & funky!! Maybe it was the same one... The one I used did get splattered with lotion....

Comment

"... perhaps in addition to the lovely backstage picture sets we get each week, it could include some backstage outtakes too... ... I remember from my shoot that there is a lot of outtakes, some that would prob be quite entertaining... hehe

Luv Melinda [/QUOTE]

What about it? It would appeal to those who think AW has lost something since moving to Amsterdam

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                  Working...
                  X