X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting LOTS of pics on the forum today Althea, nice job

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post

I'll never go for SLR's, I *like* the idiot-proof mode on automatic digital cams
      Digital SLRs are easy to use fransAW. If you set them to be fully automatic, they will do just as well or better than the compact digital cameras. Maybe check out the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. They can be had for a decent price and they offer a 10.1 megapixel sensor. It's not a full sized sensor, but the image quality is excellent.

Of course if size matters, then you might want to opt for a compact camera, but the cost of a good one is comparable to the Rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by Luxman View Post
        I'm pretty much decided to buy a Nikon D3.

I always wanted to buy a Canon 1D but I have a bunch of Nikon lenses already, so it's more efficient to stick with Nikon.

The big advantage of this baby is the full size sensor, so there's no crop.

Lxm
        They are both great cameras Luxman, and if you already have some Nikon lenses, than that would be your best choice. I prefer Canon, but if I already had some Nikon lenses, I would have gone for the Nikon too.

Comment

Originally posted by dekoda View Post
          Digital SLRs are easy to use fransAW. If you set them to be fully automatic, they will do just as well or better than the compact digital cameras. Maybe check out the Canon Digital Rebel XTi. They can be had for a decent price and they offer a 10.1 megapixel sensor. It's not a full sized sensor, but the image quality is excellent.

Of course if size matters, then you might want to opt for a compact camera, but the cost of a good one is comparable to the Rebel.
          Yeah but WHY would one get a SLR tp use it in full-auto mode? Doesn't it come with the price-tag that you should use it on prof level or at least know something about it? Has been years ago I looked at an EOS-5 (without D yes that old), but it was all fairly complex. Fun to learn prolly but not anywhere near nessecary for me, click and snap works fine for me

From a tech point of view it's amazing the quality they can squeeze out of phone-camera (5MPs look quite good).

I did notice the Rebel when looking at Canon's EOS line, seems a more consumer friendly EOS thing. Prolly positioned so people buy canon lenses and thus later upgrade to an EOS model, heh.

Bit of-topic.. hopefully Althea wont mind.

Comment

Originally posted by dekoda View Post
            They are both great cameras Luxman, and if you already have some Nikon lenses, than that would be your best choice. I prefer Canon, but if I already had some Nikon lenses, I would have gone for the Nikon too.
            True.
            Canon and Nikon are both fine makes, as indeed is Olympus.
            The D3 is a little simpler than its Canon equivalent, but for those with both the money and the need for more sophisticated cameras, both makes have models to suite. Remember, the idiot behind the camera is more important than the camera itself in obtaining good shots. Uffa Fox took great photos on board racing yachts using a box camera.

Where Nikon have scored over Canon it is in interchangeability of lenses. Nikon's lens mount has developed to take on new functions, while the older optics still fit and work with certain restrictions. A 40 year old Nikon lens will still work (in manual focus mode) in a modern digital Nikon SLR body. However check before you buy. Does your old lens restrict the use of your new camera in any way.

As for me, I use a decent compact camera for my digital photos, a 35mm Nikon SLR where I want to use telephoto, and a 50 year old roll film twin lens Rollei when I have the time to use it.

Comment

Something like

Althea Winters
              PO Box 343
              Fitzroy, VIC, 3065
              Australia

?

Got to admit that Mac laptop doesn't take too horrible pics btw.

I'll never go for SLR's, I *like* the idiot-proof mode on automatic digital cams
              The Pentax DSLR I bought has an auto setting, just point and shoot, not only is it idiot proof, its also alexbee proof!!

Comment

Originally posted by alexbee View Post
                The Pentax DSLR I bought has an auto setting, just point and shoot, not only is it idiot proof, its also alexbee proof!!
                I forget where I saw this: "It's very difficult to make things fool-proof, considering the quality of the fools we're producing these days"

Comment

Yeah but WHY would one get a SLR tp use it in full-auto mode? Doesn't it come with the price-tag that you should use it on prof level or at least know something about it? Has been years ago I looked at an EOS-5 (without D yes that old), but it was all fairly complex. Fun to learn prolly but not anywhere near nessecary for me, click and snap works fine for me
                  Well, a good Canon point and shoot camera, say the Canon PowerShot SD950IS will cost you about $429 US. A digital Rebel XTi will cost you about $445 US. The difference is minimal, so why not opt for the digital SLR?

I was thinking about getting the Powershot SD950IS for my daughter, since she already has the Rebel, and she wants to get a point and shoot camera for everyday use, but when I asked her about it, she said she'd rather have money instead of the camera. Knowing my daughter, that means that she wants the camera and the money, so I guess this will be another expensive Christmas.

She did mention that she'd like to have a Hasselbladt H2, but I can't afford something like that.(I think you can get a package deal....lens, camera body and digital back for around $20,000, depending on which digital back you get.) My daughter is a professional photographer and she uses high end Canon cameras that her employer supplies for her work, so she knows a good camera when she sees one. I just can't justify $20,000 for a camera these days.(that's just a tad more than a month's pay for crying out loud!)

Comment

Originally posted by Althea View Post
                    la!
                    Extra Lovely looking in that pic, Althea. I love that leopard top!

Good advice on all the cameras guys!

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                      Extra Lovely looking in that pic, Althea. I love that leopard top!

Good advice on all the cameras guys!
                      thanks bookmanz!

Comment

la!
                        la! indeedy... that print nicely merges with the leopard rug you have in your room

Comment

Attention, (Achtung, let op): wild cat on the prowl, goes by the name of Althea, can be appeased with icecreamcake. Ahh, very seductive Althea, let me be your prey.

doinel

Comment

Originally posted by OlderGuy View Post
                            I forget where I saw this: "It's very difficult to make things fool-proof, considering the quality of the fools we're producing these days"
                            Well, there ya go, that just proves my point!!!

Comment

la!
                              OOOOOH, I love those sultry pics Althea, candidate for a new avatar????

Comment

Today's photo treat xxx
                                Attached Files

Comment

What a treat it is

You have the most kissable lips

yusa

Comment

Well.. today IS a good day then How did you take that pic, MacBook is a bit heavy to keep up high isn't it??

Comment

BOO!!Sexy pics!

*wolf-whistle*

Go Althea!!

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                                        yusa
                                        So true!
                                        And oh, those sexy eyes too!

Comment

Today's photo treat xxx
                                          Althea you are a pearl in a sea full of Oysters. Your lips and sultry eyes are out of this world or should I say the "sea?" Besides you let us perv on one of your best assets, your boobs!

Cheers JC
                                          Attached Files

Comment

The eyes! The cleavage! The eyes! The tatts! The eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by bookmanz View Post
                                              So true!
                                              And oh, those sexy eyes too!
                                              Oh YEAH, two thumbs WAY up for those gorgeous eyes!!!

Comment

Well.. today IS a good day then How did you take that pic, MacBook is a bit heavy to keep up high isn't it??
                                                It's how i keep my arms strong! macbook is all have so it doubles as arm weights as well :P

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                                                  What a treat it is

yusa

aww thankyou !

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                                                    The eyes! The cleavage! The eyes! The tatts! The eyes!
                                                    hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by jaycee View Post
                                                      Althea you are a pearl in a sea full of Oysters. Your lips and sultry eyes are out of this world or should I say the "sea?" Besides you let us perv on one of your best assets, your boobs!

Cheers JC
                                                      aww a pearl! thats lovely! x

Comment

Toby and I went to the gym tonight after work and now I have the sore buns and legs to prove it!! ooowweyy!

Comment

Toby and I went to the gym tonight after work and now I have the sore buns and legs to prove it!! ooowweyy!
                                                          That's the price you pay for wanting to stay in shape but it will be worth it.

Cheers JC

Comment

Althea, THIS is your office?

img tag disable, use attachment mgr/system to add images to postshttp://media-nl.abbywinters.com/content/Journal/althea,kiera,alisha.jpg

Looks mighty comfy to me. Nice company too btw

Why is that pic so tiny? Camera should be good enough for 1280x1024 or such (the backstage pics have these odd 14-something dimensions).. anyway, make them bigger! Erm.. wait.. that didn't come as intended I think..

Comment

Hey Althea, I know I asked you before, but is there a chance that we may see you as a model any time soon?

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X