The Althea Files!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frans View Post
    Awww.. poor Althea, life ain't much fun at the moment for you is it? How long do you have to stay at the hospital? Hopefully you'll feel MUCH better after surgery, surely it has to be good for something. Must have been a shock to get a letter like that, bit unreal to be scheduled for surgery the next day already huh?

With any luck this will cure your pattern of getting sick so frequently.

I wish you all the best, may you recover nicely and speedily Here's a smallish guardian angel for ya, to cheer you up a bit;

[ATTACH]10862[/ATTACH]

p.s. Alex, Melbourne is at GMT+9 at the moment.
    Thanx Frans... And I'm at GMT-4 so that means I'll have to start transmitting at 7:50pm tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by alexbee View Post
      Oh Althea you poor chook, my heart goes out to you. Although, if it was really urgent the doc would have called you instead of sending a letter, no?

As soon as I can calculate the time difference I'll make sure I'm sending mucho mojo your way at 8:50 Aus.

Please keep your spirits up, I'm sure the surgery will work out fine and you'll be right as rain in no time.

Lots of hugs, kisses and love to you.
      He had been calling my house nonstop but no oone answers the phone here. go figure?

Comment

Awww.. poor Althea, life ain't much fun at the moment for you is it? How long do you have to stay at the hospital? Hopefully you'll feel MUCH better after surgery, surely it has to be good for something. Must have been a shock to get a letter like that, bit unreal to be scheduled for surgery the next day already huh?

With any luck this will cure your pattern of getting sick so frequently.

I wish you all the best, may you recover nicely and speedily Here's a smallish guardian angel for ya, to cheer you up a bit;

[ATTACH]10862[/ATTACH]

p.s. Alex, Melbourne is at GMT+9 at the moment.
        its 7:53am guys. not long. Its not an actual surgery Im having today. Just a bad diagnoses come back from the lab results. which may mean surgery, more medication etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Althea View Post
          its 7:53am guys. not long. Its not an actual surgery Im having today. Just a bad diagnoses come back from the lab results. which may mean surgery, more medication etc..
          Sleep well/at all?

A diagnosis is usually preferable above not knowing what the heck is wrong with your body. At least that's my view on it. Yes a diagnosis may sound or be bad, but at least you'll know what is what and how to deal with whatever the problem is. It's no fun being sick all the time either, bad for lotsa of facets of the good life. So yeah, a diagnosis may suck at times, but at least you've identified the problem.

Always try to look at the bright side! (which can be hard at times, yeah)

Comment

Hi Althea,

My best wishes to you. Sorry I haven't visited your thread for a while. I am quite busy at work and stuff. Hopefully I shall be on the boards more at the weekend, it is a bank holiday for us coming this week, nice.

I did enjoy you and Julietta's video on Youtube, that's exactly the kind of high spirits I like seeing you in. It's so nice to get the moving, talking version of you, hope you continue making them.

SF

Comment

Please keep us posted, Althea! You know we want to be like "family"!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by sweatyfox View Post
                Hi Althea,

My best wishes to you. Sorry I haven't visited your thread for a while. I am quite busy at work and stuff. Hopefully I shall be on the boards more at the weekend, it is a bank holiday for us coming this week, nice.

I did enjoy you and Julietta's video on Youtube, that's exactly the kind of high spirits I like seeing you in. It's so nice to get the moving, talking version of you, hope you continue making them.

SF
                Hey sweatyfox! longtime no see glad you are back. Im glad you liked the video blog. I definately will be doing more and Julietta will surely be making more apppearances.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaRob View Post
                  Please keep us posted, Althea! You know we want to be like "family"!

Rob

Comment

Unfortunately friends the news was not good. Right now I am on heavy medication which is making me violently ill and toss and turn in anguish. As further result, I resigned from my job. Once I can think coherently and im not writhing with pain I will update properly. But for now I am far too upset and distressed to go into it.
                    thank you all for you support.

Comment

Hey there girl! You do what you need to do to get yourself well again. You know you'll be in our thoughts and that we'll be pulling for you to get well soon.

Comment

My thoughts are with you, Althea. I'm not sure what else I can say, except you definitely are in my thoughts and have been all day. A lot of us are thinking about you...

Comment

I'm thinking of you, as are many others I'm sure. Just post when you can, it would be appreciated. All the best. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you so much everyone for all the support and kind words. I return today with a little brighter perspective on recent events. So just to recap; last week I was told I had an infection in my uterus and also a growth in my cervix. The growth didn't appear to be cancerous. Cervical Cancer runs in my family and all my aunties and my mother have had it more than once. So generally i have 6 monthly checks regularly to keep on top of anything and everything. The growth will go away itself with medication but the doctors are keeping a watchful eye. Secondly, the symptoms I was feeling such as severe abdomnial pain, fever, fatigue werent just random symptoms but turn out to be indicators we had missed that I infact have a severe bacterial disease which leads to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease which can severely ruin your sexual organs as well as effect your ability to have children. This was a hell of a lot for me to take in. It seemed like one hit after the other. I was prescribed some heavy duty antibiotics which they warned me would make me violetntly ill for at least a day. WELL! Did it ever. Last night was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was doubled over in bed writhing in pain and there was not a thing any pain killer could do, I couldnt eat, geez I couldnt even think. Almost 18 hours later the pain and sickness from the meds have worn off and I'm feeling alot better, weak but better. I will need to go back to the doctors in two weeks so they can see whats going up there and then a further two weeks later on again. I also have to attend counselling as a part of the program. All of this coupled with depression and the ongoing turmoil and stress of my work environment I simply could not cope and decided to hand in my resignation and focus on my health.

Strangely enough, I woke up today feeling oddly enough quite chipper. A huge weight and burden has been lifted from my shoulders by leaving that job and I know now I definately did the right thing. I guess to appreciate life you really do need to face death. This whole experience has shook me up and really opened my eyes to everything in and outside of my life. Instead of looking at this as another set back, failure, dissapointment I'm looking at this as another chance at redemption. I've got little left to lose. Sure money is going to be very tight for me for awhile but my body needed this and I guess this is its way of telling me. It's way of telling me life isn't supposed to be this stressful, this hard, this miserable. I grew up believing that so strongly, as a child of an abusive mother, I guess I had already 'given up' before life had begun. In my time off work I've spent alot of time in bed reading and researching on the internet about many things, my experiences during childhood being one of them. Im starting to understand many things and how I've let them and myself defeat me.

So where from here? I have a little acorn necklace that I wear around my neck. I guess that is as good a metaphor as any. I'm looking at each problem like a little acorn being stored for the winter. That, is, one thing at a time. I'm lying in bed right now watching the new H.I.M live dvd (this makes me very happy), tomorrow morning I have a meeting with social security about benefits, later in the afternoon I have an interview with a retail job agency who are going to help me find me a new job. However, only a part-time job until I can get my health back to 100% and get my feet back on the ground. Also I had two shoots submitted for ISM this week so I will hear back soon if they will be using them. And tomorrow night, my friend is giving me cash work at his music venue just working the door with his wife for 4 and a half hours. Bascially I sit on a chair and stamp peoples hands to say they paid whilst I get to hang out with my two best friends.

So one day at a time. I am not going to let this overcome me. This is not destruction it is a resurrection!

xxxxx

Comment

Good to hear from you again, even better to read the pain is mostly gone. Yeah anti-biotics suck that way, it's cos you basically get a mini civil-war in your body between the evil bacteria and the good antibiotics So I guess the antibiotics won, which is good. Such an infection wears on your immune system, making you vulnerable to regular colds and other stuff you normally don't worry about. Curing this should be a good and long term helpfull thing.

Physical health is usually the best to get fixed first. It's a good short term goal, easy to focus on and work towards. Do you have a psychiatrist/physchologist to help you with the depression ans childhood memories? Researching it yourself on the internet can be very usefull (you graduated on psych I think?), but reflecting via talking to someone else can be very helpfull (if a bit confronting at times).

Feeling chipper might have something to do with getting rid of that infection as well, it's like driving a car with the brake on. You just released the break and yes that does feel good

Comment

Good to hear from you again, even better to read the pain is mostly gone. Yeah anti-biotics suck that way, it's cos you basically get a mini civil-war in your body between the evil bacteria and the good antibiotics So I guess the antibiotics won, which is good. Such an infection wears on your immune system, making you vulnerable to regular colds and other stuff you normally don't worry about. Curing this should be a good and long term helpfull thing.

Physical health is usually the best to get fixed first. It's a good short term goal, easy to focus on and work towards. Do you have a psychiatrist/physchologist to help you with the depression ans childhood memories? Researching it yourself on the internet can be very usefull (you graduated on psych I think?), but reflecting via talking to someone else can be very helpfull (if a bit confronting at times).

Feeling chipper might have something to do with getting rid of that infection as well, it's like driving a car with the brake on. You just released the break and yes that does feel good
                                thanks frans. Yes I do have a Psychiatrist which i will be going back to see weekly now I am able to. Today Im very tired and weak so im going to be have a long nap in the afternoon to insure Im okay to work tonight. It's only going to be like 70 dollars but thats alot to someone like me who as no one to help or support them, no major savings and now unemployed. So I cant afford to miss the opportunity.

Comment

I survived my shift on the door tonight and it was really good to see alot of old faces showing there love and support. Id missed those smiling faces that had been lock since replaced with stale ambivalent ones. I got home to a jumpy and happy little bowie. i just adore this animal. no ifs or buts about it. he is my little goldmine. He is the cutest thing in the world, its hard to not to smile when his spazy little face comes running at me.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I really hope you feel a lot better... This month has been a down month for me as well. Thanks for the photos. keep up your spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreammaker182 View Post
                                        I really hope you feel a lot better... This month has been a down month for me as well. Thanks for the photos. keep up your spirits.
                                        Im not 100% but im getting there. Im just taking it one day at a time

Comment

Hey dear girl. I'm glad your medical news was pretty good. I understand why you were upset with the family medical history. Glad you quit your cubicle/call center job. No sense sticking with it if you hated it.
                                          Bowie's not the only one who thinks you rock!
                                          back!

and aha, we get a little peak at what lies below anchor depth on HMS Althea.

HMS (Her Mighty Sexy)

Comment

Glad to hear you have some better news. Backstage 201 this week features the Limo Girls shoot and there's some nice Althea photos.

Comment

Hey Althea nice pics, however when I look at that last pic I can' help myself thinking "I wish there was a bush down there" and I know it will never happen but "hey" anyone can dream can he????

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain View Post
                                                "I wish there was a bush down there" and I know it will never happen but "hey" anyone can dream can he????
                                                I like things the way they are...and you can dream

Comment

Originally posted by casgrain View Post
                                                  Hey Althea nice pics, however when I look at that last pic I can' help myself thinking "I wish there was a bush down there" and I know it will never happen but "hey" anyone can dream can he????
                                                  ahhah yes yes. one can dream. sometimes i have a very small bush down there but not too often. sorry cas!

Comment

Originally posted by levelturn View Post
                                                    Glad to hear you have some better news. Backstage 201 this week features the Limo Girls shoot and there's some nice Althea photos.

oooh so there is. I dont know about "nice" ahhaha I have a serious face on and boy do I hate side profiles! hahaha
                                                    I loved working on that shoot. And I adore Jude, she is such a wonderful sweet girl and such a lovely model. Was a great day that one

Comment

Those new panties are really pretty Althea, way to go in your choosing.

Talking of which I think you've made some very sensible choices recently, I'm glad you've been able to think about things in a logical and rational way (which ain't always easy) and that you've thought about yourself first in this. Hope the rest and recuperation goes well. I don't think that your previous job could have been satisfying anyways as it wasn't making proper use of your creativity, previous experience or your people skills either. In the future I wish for you a job which not only takes a few of these things into account but also where you can meet some nice people like you did at that publishers one where you seemed to find some likeminded souls.

Maybe in a way it is good that things came to a point where you have to deal with some of the issues, whereas if you had carried on in something nice then that would have been sweet but the things preoccupying you inside might have just lain dormant for another day. I quite like your acorn analogy, one thing at a time.

Anyways go enjoy your time off, HIM DVDs and the like seem like a good place to start and please try and keep up your current way of thinking because it gives me confidence that you can get back to your very best, which is awesome by the way.

I wanted to ask what you think of the lineup for Download this year, which is our major rock/metal festival of the Summer. There's Reading too but that doesn't go quite as heavy I don't think.

Download Festival will return to Donington Park, Leicestershire on 14 - 16 June 2024.

Which stages/bands would you be heading to see there?

Althea, with your permission (as I don't want to weird you out) I would like to be able to dream that I am down there, never mind a bush, though I love those too hehe.

Speak soon.

Take care,

SF

Comment

Originally posted by sweatyfox View Post
                                                        Those new panties are really pretty Althea, way to go in your choosing.

Talking of which I think you've made some very sensible choices recently, I'm glad you've been able to think about things in a logical and rational way (which ain't always easy) and that you've thought about yourself first in this. Hope the rest and recuperation goes well. I don't think that your previous job could have been satisfying anyways as it wasn't making proper use of your creativity, previous experience or your people skills either. In the future I wish for you a job which not only takes a few of these things into account but also where you can meet some nice people like you did at that publishers one where you seemed to find some likeminded souls.

Maybe in a way it is good that things came to a point where you have to deal with some of the issues, whereas if you had carried on in something nice then that would have been sweet but the things preoccupying you inside might have just lain dormant for another day. I quite like your acorn analogy, one thing at a time.

Anyways go enjoy your time off, HIM DVDs and the like seem like a good place to start and please try and keep up your current way of thinking because it gives me confidence that you can get back to your very best, which is awesome by the way.

I wanted to ask what you think of the lineup for Download this year, which is our major rock/metal festival of the Summer. There's Reading too but that doesn't go quite as heavy I don't think.

Download Festival will return to Donington Park, Leicestershire on 14 - 16 June 2024.

Which stages/bands would you be heading to see there?

Althea, with your permission (as I don't want to weird you out) I would like to be able to dream that I am down there, never mind a bush, though I love those too hehe.

Speak soon.

Take care,

SF
                                                        WOW. thats a sweet as line-up!
                                                        I'd see;
                                                        HIM
                                                        BLEEDING THROUGH
                                                        THROWDOWN
                                                        KISS
                                                        MOTORHEAD
                                                        RISE AGAINST
                                                        COMEBACK KID
                                                        BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
                                                        FROM FIRST TO LAST
                                                        AIRBOURNE
                                                        ROSE TATTOO

Comment

Bored on a sunday evening..
                                                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Althea View Post
                                                            Bored on a sunday evening..
                                                            Ha, well thanks for being bored then Althea because these sexy pictures are ensuring that I am not bored here on Monday afternoon here in wet London. Thank you. I saw you had some more sexy lingerie pics on the other thread, the red and black stuff is just as sexy as the purple/pink and white but I think teach create very different mood, though they are both equally tantalising and teasing to me.

This is a bank holiday weekend here in England and a lot of people are on holiday today. I did have a good time going to a friend's gig on Saturday but the rest of the weekend and today have been a bit of a washout and it sucks. I reckon it will be back to lovely warm sun as soon as we go back to work tomorrow. So thanks for the piccies, your colourfulness and desireable ways make up for the dull weather outside.

Thanks too for your list of bands you'd go and see at the festival. Very cool. They've done well to get such a collection of classic and new bands to come. I have asked Fotina the same question as she likes her rock and roll and it will be interesting to see her preferred lineup. Probably worth asking lovely Becky T too but I don't think she's talking to me on her thread for some reason, maybe I just was too boring for her which I guess can happen sometimes.

Alrighty, speak soon.

SF
                                                            Last edited by sweatyfox; 26 May 2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Hi gang. I've been a little withdrawn at the moment. Each day is a struggle. I'm mostly feeling lonely and a little bit helpless. I've spent so much time in bed and im trying to make the most of it by applying for jobs, making collages, writing and even chores. I scrubbed the toilet today. I know! What's come over me? I'm finding I'm having great difficulty getting to sleep at night, no matter what remedy or trick I try Im still ending up going to bed between 4-6am. So I look utterly terrible. Money stress is starting to kick in but im trying not to panic just yet. My first social security payment comes on monday 2nd June. I havent really been eating at all. I either just dont want to or i simply cant afford. My housemate is a sweetheart though he brings leftovers and sweets home after work at night for me. I just paid rent so Im fair bone dry which has bummed my plans. My favourite band The Donnas are planning are playing Thursday night and ive had my ticket for months I just hope I can still go. Hopefully they dont play to late and I can get public transport home. I'm still suffering gross girly symptoms from all this medical drama. It's realy gross and make me feel so uncomfortable. Some symptoms have gone away but not most. But i go back in a week for a check up and more medication if these symptoms are still present.

My housemate took me to the Village cinemas near our house to see the new Indiana jones movie. It was so so good and i even was allowed a bubblegum choc top I spoke to my dad on the phone tonight hes a little concerned and it almost brought me tears but Ive never been one to run from my problems. I stick em out. You run and baby they just follow you. This money issue is really harshing my vibe and means staying in bed is my option for the next week whether i like it or not lol. But Ive been applying for part-time and casual jobs non-stop so hopefully something turns up soon. I want to go shopping at the supermarket and not have to add each item up in my head as I go along. I want to eat healthy but the irony is eating healthy is mighty expensive.

I've been entering heaps of magazine competitions ahha trying to win money or a car or anything I can sell to help me survive above the poverty live. On the plus side Im getting some clarity with my life and Im getting alot less migraines and anxiety attacks. And I can finally go back to my psychiatrist and also I just feel so stress free not having that job hanging over my shoulders.

A little Bowie update: He's doing alot better but his ear seems to be alot sorer and more painful inside the ear canal so theres not much aside from ear cleanse I can do for him now. He needs to see a vet who can use his special tool to look in his ear and see exactly whats going on. Put unfortunately its just going to have to wait I gave him a haircut last night. haha. He looks reall skinny and like a rat. He's loving me being home though.

Im keeping busy writing snail mail and trying to make things for people and spring cleaning my room. My old work the really rad film one needs a receptionist so i applied and I emailed my contact there as well. Hopefully I get a look in because I worked there before and all the crew there liked me. Its only reception but it get s my foot back in the door.

I have tomorrow night to look forward to as Julietta is coming over to my house to hang out.
                                                              Last edited by Althea; 26 May 2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X