Tips and tricks using AW....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meridian View Post
    I have a question. somebody tried to enter this site with my account, but the wrong password. Is it possible to get these passwords (maybe the guys got the passwords from another site and thought , it would work here too) ?
    Not to my knowledge. If you REALLY want to be sure use the feedback page.

Comment

I have a question. somebody tried to enter this site with my account, but the wrong password. Is it possible to get these passwords (maybe the guys got the passwords from another site and thought , it would work here too) ?
      Two attempts to access your account were made, one from Korea and one from USA. This happens sometimes, hackers try to guess the password.

We do get problems with hackers who succeed and then publish passwords on hack sites. Under these circumstances we change the members password.

But don't get paranoid, there is nothing wrong. Thanks for informing us.

L

Comment

How'd ya get the tip that someone was trying to access your account?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgangbuster29 View Post
          How'd ya get the tip that someone was trying to access your account?
          It's listed on your myAW page under 'Last 10 logins'.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
            Ah-thanks, Frans. That's a great feature.

Comment

Hmmmm, it looks like someone tried to log in to my account from Oz last month.....

16 Dec 2009 18:39:47 Success 124.169.20.207 124-169-20-207.dyn.iinet.net.au (Australia)

Was that someone at AWHQ???

Comment

Originally posted by alexbee View Post
                Hmmmm, it looks like someone tried to log in to my account from Oz last month.....
                16 Dec 2009 18:39:47 Success 124.169.20.207 124-169-20-207.dyn.iinet.net.au (Australia)
                Was that someone at AWHQ???
                No, that's not the IP from HQ!
                (We can login and not leave a trace in the members MyAW page.) So we don't know who that was but:

Don't get paranoid! One attempt is not a problem, hundreds might need investigating.

L

Comment

Shouldn't Alexbee be worried even though someone seems to succeeded to log in to his account ?

Or have I misunderstood what that Success in that information means ?

yusa

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                    Shouldn't Alexbee be worried even though someone seems to succeeded to log in to his account ?

Or have I misunderstood what that Success in that information means ?

yusa
                    YES! I missed that. Ooops.

L

Comment

Changing password might be wise yeah.

Comment

Changing password might be wise yeah.
                        Customer Support did change the password and we emailed him, so all should be OK.

L

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                          Two attempts to access your account were made, one from Korea and one from USA. This happens sometimes, hackers try to guess the password.

We do get problems with hackers who succeed and then publish passwords on hack sites. Under these circumstances we change the members password.

But don't get paranoid, there is nothing wrong. Thanks for informing us.

L
                          Thanks Frans and Lesley for Your fast answer.

Comment

It's great that AW looks out for you.

Comment

I searched everywhere for an answer to this and this would seem like the most obvious thread for the answer to be in, so the question is:

If I accidentally add a tag to a shoot/video/photoset.. how do I remove it? Last night I was trying to search for a specific model and accidentally added her name as a tag on another model's shoot.. *sigh*.. and sometimes when you are adding a tag and wanted to use an existing tag from the drop down list, you can accidentally add the "incomplete" tag by mistake..

Comment

Originally posted by ldp487 View Post
                                If I accidentally add a tag to a shoot/video/photoset.. how do I remove it?
                                Simply vote it down, the red down-hand which appears when you hover over a tag. If enough people vote the tag down for that shoot it will be removed automatically.

Comment

FRANS!!! LUX!!! or anyone else in the know....

HELP !!!! Ok... I'm trying to find something in the old blue pages (the forums)... I recall there was once a post showing the application forms that a model completes when they come in. I tried searching application form and models application form, but it gives me links we any of the 2 or 3 words are found. I tried "model application form" still no good I tried model+application+form (to long). Model + application + form.

How do I get it to search for all three words appearing in a single post. I'm sure I used to be able to do it.. I used to be good at finding stuff.

Appreciate any help you can give...

Thanks

Pinky

Comment

to become a model was on the site map with many pages but not remember it the way you descibe it ,look at site map first

Comment

HERE ???????[http://models.abbywinters.com/ ?????

Comment

I think pinky means something different, Abby once posted screens of the old interview/intake of models. I don't know if those are still available though. I'm pretty sure the actual screens and process has changed a bit over the last five years or so

Comment

Thanks Stirling.. But yes Frans is right that is not what I am searching for it is the old intake questionnaire that the models completed during there pre pre shoot interview.

Ignoring that for a moment... how do I link my search to include more than one word in the "advanced search" function of the boards???

Pinky

Comment

Originally posted by mrpinkeyes View Post
                                            Ignoring that for a moment... how do I link my search to include more than one word in the "advanced search" function of the boards???
                                            You mean posting that search as a link, or searching for multiple words at the same time yourself? The latter is easy, just type more words into the searchbox I'm not sure you can post working links to forum searches actually, reason being that the forum assigns numbers to them internally. Which makes search links not work after the search has expired (after an hour or so).

Comment

searching for multiple words at the same time yourself? .
                                              When I try it searches by each individual word not the sentence of phrase. eg if I wanted to find "Kylie Harris" it would give me every time "Kylie" is mentioned and every time "Harris" is mentioned. I only want posts that have "Kylie Harris" mentioned or in my original question "models application form".

Thanks....

Comment

The *idea* of the search engine is that results with those words closer together get a higher 'ranking'. But I've been rather unimpressed with the forum search engine, it comes with the forum software so we can't easily change it. But yeah it does leave something to be desired.

Comment

thanks Frans... least now I know I wasn't missing anything or doing it wrong..

Comment

Question: The bottom of these forum pages gives the language as "-- English (US)" I want "--English (UK)" but that doesn't seem to be an option in the "Quick language chooser.

Is this something that can be changed somewhere else in my setup?? It's no major problem until I talk about colour or centre then it tells me I can't spell which I know I can't but I can spell colour and centre, well in English (UK) I can.

Pinky

Comment

The quick-language chooser is mostly for the messages displayed by vBulletin. There is no UK-English language pack available for the current forum software (v4) so you'll have to make do with the US speak
                                                      (if you're getting those spelling notification in your browser, it might be a setting in firefox for example)

Comment

When replying to a post, you have 3 options, reply, reply with quote, and multi-quote this message (which appears when you hover your mouse over the symbol). What exactly does multi-quote this message mean and how do you use this option? I thought it might have something to do with making it easier to do multiple quotes in a post, such as what I did in my latest post in Gretchen's thread, but when I click on it, it just puts a check mark there and the reply box has the same quoted post as you'd get by clicking reply with quote....no difference at all. So, doing the multi-quote is still a bit of a chore, having to type in the 2 quote lines for every part of the post I'm quoting. Still a hassle. So....how does the multi-quote supposed to work?

Comment

You have select multi-quote on SEVERAL messages, otherwise it's just a single quoted reply Every message you have selected for multi-quote shows up in your reply-box when you hit 'reply with quote'.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                                                            When replying to a post, you have 3 options, reply, reply with quote, and multi-quote this message (which appears when you hover your mouse over the symbol). What exactly does multi-quote this message mean and how do you use this option? I thought it might have something to do with making it easier to do multiple quotes in a post, such as what I did in my latest post in Gretchen's thread, but when I click on it, it just puts a check mark there and the reply box has the same quoted post as you'd get by clicking reply with quote....no difference at all. So, doing the multi-quote is still a bit of a chore, having to type in the 2 quote lines for every part of the post I'm quoting. Still a hassle. So....how does the multi-quote supposed to work?
                                                            Aha!

You have select multi-quote on SEVERAL messages, otherwise it's just a single quoted reply Every message you have selected for multi-quote shows up in your reply-box when you hit 'reply with quote'.
                                                            Slick! Big dummy me was doing it the hard way.

Comment

Ok, I see this now, BUT is there a simple way to multi-quote several parts of ONE message? For example, I quoted 2 different parts of Gretchen's post in my last post in her thread. The only way I could do this was to actually type in the before and after quotes and symbols and numbers in that post. So, in quoting you in this post, for example, for my second quote, I'd have to physically type in QUOTE=Frans;372501 before the quote and /QUOTE at the end. (with the brackets which I can't put in or they'd screw up what you see) And I'd have to do this for every quoted part of a single message, which is truly a hassle. Is there an easier way?
                                                              Last edited by laktor; 7 August 2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X