Tips and tricks using AW....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laktor View Post
    I'm sorry Frans, but I still do not understand. As I said, clicking on "Multi-quote this message" just puts a check mark there, but does nothing else
    True, but you can click on 'multi-quote this message' for SEVERAL messages BEFORE you click on 'reply with quote'. That's the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
      True, but you can click on 'multi-quote this message' for SEVERAL messages BEFORE you click on 'reply with quote'. That's the trick.
      You were too quick for me Frans, as I changed my post, but not before you already replied! Can you answer my new post? Thanks.

Comment

I'd have to physically type in QUOTE=Frans;372501 before the quote and /QUOTE at the end. (with the brackets which I can't put in or they'd screw up what you see) And I'd have to do this for every quoted part of a single message, which is truly a hassle. Is there an easier way?
        No. You CAN however select the quote= part with your mouse and use control-C/control-V to copy/paste that bit, which is easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Frans View Post
          No. You CAN however select the quote= part with your mouse and use control-C/control-V to copy/paste that bit, which is easier.
          Thanks...actually, I never thought of trying that.

Comment

Is there a simple way to find old threads? Thanks.

Comment

In post #50 and #51 of Jenna K's thread, MrPinkeyes and tjsunray talk about the ability to change the viewing of posts to either ascending or descending order and pinky even posts a link to the page which explains it....but when I'm in a thread, I do not see a "Display Mode" option anywhere on the page, either at the top or the bottom. Can't find where to change the display mode, if I wanted to.

In the FAQ, general forum usage thread, it says:

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

I do not see this "Display Mode" when I'm in any thread. So where is it???
              Last edited by laktor; 6 November 2011, 02:13 AM.

Comment

In post #50 and #51 of Jenna K's thread, MrPinkeyes and tjsunray talk about the ability to change the viewing of posts to either ascending or descending order and pinky even posts a link to the page which explains it....but when I'm in a thread, I do not see a "Display Mode" option anywhere on the page, either at the top or the bottom. Can't find where to change the display mode, if I wanted to.

In the FAQ, general forum usage thread, it says:

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

I do not see this "Display Mode" when I'm in any thread. So where is it???
                laktor..click on - Quick Links ( the top left hand corner)...>then - Subscribed Threads...>then - General Settings...>scroll down to...>Thread Display Mode. That's all i know ...never tried it myself....you'll have to ask Pinky if you have more questions.
                Last edited by tjsunray; 6 November 2011, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray View Post
                  laktor..click on - Quick Links ( the top left hand corner)...>then - Subscribed Threads...>then - General Settings...>scroll down to...>Thread Display Mode. That's all i know ...never tried it myself....you'll have to ask Pinky if you have more questions.
                  Thanks tjsunray. However, that doesn't jive with what you said in your post about seeing something at the bottom of each thread page, and it certainly doesn't match what is said in the FAQ link that pinkeyes provided and what I quoted in my post in this thread. So, that FAQ page really needs to be revised.

Comment

When in the forums look at the upper right hand corner, at the top of the page. Where it says Welcome, username, My profile, Settings, Log out
                    Click Settings. Under My Settings, click General Settings. Then, Thread display options/Thread display mode/Linear newest first.

Comment

At the bottom click Technical Support, then Settings, then General Settings - you can change a lot of things there

Comment

Originally posted by andresone View Post
                        At the bottom click Technical Support, then Settings, then General Settings - you can change a lot of things there
                        That's now the 3'd way to get to....> General Settings....>Thread Display Options/Mode ( Linear oldest first )

1) - Top Left hand corner...my route

2) - Top Right...bookmanz suggestion

3) - Bottom Right...andresone's...almost got all the corners covered for you laktor

Comment

This is all well and good, fellows, and I know how to change it now, if I wanted to, but the info in FAQ in still wrong/outdated.

Comment

If you look VERY carefully at the link you'll see it's for vb3 which indeed is old. We're running vb4-something since the switch to white. Someday that FAQ will get updated, but it is quite a lot of work.

Comment

Hi there....
                              I have one Question: How can i put a photo from my PC into a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by froggytown View Post
                                Hi there....
                                I have one Question: How can i put a photo from my PC into a thread?
                                I froggy.... you need to "go advanced" which is under the "post screen" that will give you the attachments icon (the one that looks like a paper clip). Click on that and it should open a new screen called manage attachments. Top right hand corner... "+ Add Files" click on that the click on "Select Files" This should bring up your computer to browse and find the photo you want to post. Once selected click on the Upload File icon. This will put in the "File upload Manager" click on the "insert Attachment" icon and the it will be there ready to use in the post. Now back in the "Post screen" put the courser where you want the photo to go and click back on the attachments icon (the one that looks like a paper clip) the file should be shown there click on it and you should see something like this "[ATTACH]photo[/ATTACH]". Now go to "Preview Post" icon click on that and you should see the picture shown. If your happy with that then "Submit Reply" Done....
                                Hopefully I haven't totally confused you... Sure Fran probably can explain it a little simpler... Good Luck and look forward to your first photo post... Just remember the rules on what photo's you can post.

Pinky

Comment

Thanks mrpinkeyes, it works perfect....
                                  Now you can search for it

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunray
                                    How can i delete a recently posted Thread ?
                                    I think you may need to be Frans/Lux or Kylie to be able to do that. I recall Timbo (maybe) having a similar problem recently. In saying that I don't recall seeing a thread with no posts in it.. so maybe they just don't show in the new posts???

Comment

Tip: when adding or voting on a tag, do note that it can take up to 15-20 minutes for the add/vote result to be visible.

Comment

Rejoin instructions are now on the new support site: http://support.abbywinters.com/im-a-...et-a-discount/ please read those first.

Comment

Rejoin instructions link doesn't work for me. This does:

B I’m a returning customer. Can I get a discount? Permalink Yes, we offer returning-customer discounts to subscribers! If you first joined the site after April 2008, you’re eligible for a 10% discount on any subscription (If you first joined … Continue reading →

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                                            Rejoin instructions link doesn't work for me. This does:

http://support.abbywinters.com/im-a-...et-a-discount/
                                            Fixed that, link was copied a little bit to directly from another post, including the shortening dots Thanks!

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                            Working...
                                            X