Pink for October site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink for October site

I don't know if AWHQ plans to start a thread for this, but I wanted to say how impressed I was to see the main page linking to the Pink for October site. I hadn't seen that site before, and some of the information it contained was new to me as well -- including the startling fact that men can get breast cancer, too! Some of the blog articles express very diverse points of view on this topic; there's a lot of food for thought here.

I think its really awesome that Abby gets involved in great causes like this and helps support and bring awareness.

Comment

me too!!

Comment

Yes, folks,
        that is one reason more, why I feel at home in Abbyland.
        Because AW-dot-com supports such organizations.
        What other adult-entertainment site does this??
        Traumschiff_2

Comment

Can I join in with a big "Thank You THANK YOU THANK YOU

Although it is too late to save my Sister, who lost her 15 year battle with breast cancer last year, anything that helps accelerate research and improve treatment is more than welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by daimm9 View Post
            Can I join in with a big "Thank You THANK YOU THANK YOU

Although it is too late to save my Sister, who lost her 15 year battle with breast cancer last year, anything that helps accelerate research and improve treatment is more than welcome.
            I'm very sorry to hear about your sister daimm Yes this is another fantastic initiative shown by AW.com.... You guys really are the best for doing things like this... a very important and great cause this is

Luv Melinda

Comment

Thank You Abby, for caring about my two favorite things...

Comment

Bravo Abby. Sorry to hear about your sister daimm - I lost my stepmother the same way. It's a terrible thing and the sooner we get on top of it the better. Along with a heap of other medical nasties.
                pee x

Comment

Another great reason AW is a great website. I've lost a few relatives to breast cancer and my sis was diagnosed 5 years ago. Thank god she is a survivor.

Comment

There's not many more ways to say thank you and well done to Abby!! It's great to see companies like this donating to such important causes! Yep, you Rock Abby

oxoxox

Comment

It's a terrible irony of Nature that these beautiful womanly features that we cherish and enjoy are so vulnerable to this dread disease, and that sadly the lives of fellow members' loved ones have also fallen prey to it. All the more admirable, then, that AW is supporting this vital cause.

takochan

Comment

I would like to join in all the THANK-YOU's with one of my own too so, THANK YOU AW!!! Breast cancer touches so many of us, my friend's mum unfortunately lost her battle with it last year, so the fact that you're supporting such a good cause in order to help fund research to hopefully find a cure, is just amazing. xoxoxo

Comment

In addition to supporting a most worthy cause, the Pink for October site contains some very important facts that most people don't know about breast cancer, myself included. Take a look!

Comment

Please spread the word!

Hi folks

I've just seen this, posted on a list I subscribe to.

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is
                            having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to
                            meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an
                            underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site
                            and click on 'donating a mammogram' for free (pink window in the
                            middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors /advertisers use
                            the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for
                            advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by takochan View Post
                              Hi folks

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is
                              having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to
                              meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an
                              underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site
                              and click on 'donating a mammogram' for free (pink window in the
                              middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors /advertisers use
                              the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for
                              advertising.
                              what a great idea thank you abby for doing your thing and making me aware of this site I will visit and make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by takochan View Post
                                And here's the link to that site Takochan mentioned: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

At first, I thought it might be a hoax, because these sorts of "please forward this e-mail" messages often are, but I poked around and this organization seems legitimate, donating proceeds from affiliate marketing to breast cancer causes.

However, this does speak to an interesting point brought up in one of the blog entries at Pink for October: Should people just shop to fight breast cancer, or become more aware and involved than that? That blog entry also led me to a site titled Think Before You Pink, which urges readers to scrutinize pink-ribbon promotions more closely.

I don't say this to be a wet blanket; cancer is a serious problem, and any company making a real effort against it deserves respect. But I'm also aware that many companies will cynically latch onto a popular cause purely for the "halo effect," so it pays to take a closer look at things.

Comment

Working in Pathology I do a fair bit of breast cancer work and have come across a number of tragic stories.
                                  Like single woman without family support and with children.
                                  I would like to thank the AW site for their support of Breast Cancer Research.

This morning, Friday we are doing our bit by having a morning tea and auction.

Well done to you Abby.
                                  Thank you.
                                  Baza

Comment

What a great thread to start! Here in the Sydney office we are doing a morning tea next Friday as well.. great cause. And I would like to say thanks MightySpork for the welcome! MWA!

Comment

I will offer to do my bit I have sensitive hands

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                      Working...
                                      X