Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woot!!! that is all i have to say..............

Comment

Originally posted by wannadance View Post
      i will be there for the kisses, so nobody get in my way!!
      But dancer, how will anyone recognize you?

Comment

the chosen location for the AEE, doubt that abby had any say. it's actually a very campy place and in fact, campiness is the main attraction.
        This place is one of the 2 venues where the Consumer Electronics Show is hosted. I wish I could go.

Comment

Very very cool!

Wish I could afford a ticket. And the time.

Abby mentioned in the intro post "no nudity allowed at the show, but we intend to push that to the limit!"

I wonder what the models will be wearing to the show. I'm thinking college girls in the summertime, with sandals or flats, t-shirts, and shorts. Do you suppose they'd allow a large poster of the girls nude (like in the intro post) in the AW booth? Seeing the girls in summertime gear but nude in the picture would drive me nuts!

How about one of those 80" LCD TVs I keep reading about in Gizmodo playing the DVDs? OMG!

Comment

First to Susie: A million thanks for putting this together. I hope you can work in an hour or so for a members meet and greet cocktail party and get the word out.
            Second: A largescreen TV playing the Yoga and bellydancing shoots would grab everybody's attention. Far as I know, no other Web site has ever produced shoots that spectacular.
            Did I mention how excited I am?

Comment

The XXX field is evolving. I spent the weekend looking at a hundred or so sites as I didn't feel like going out and was amazed at how many now include links to AW! All apparently legal. The US will definitely be looking at Abby's website after reading the figures shown here.
              Originally posted by calliope View Post
              When Pet Clark hit the US Hollywood stumbled all over themselves gathering up Oz entertainers. Think it will be the same in Lost Wages Nev. Gonna try to drive up there as it's only about 4 1/2 hr drive, for the Fandango. Might try to talk my Sis into meeting me as she is an hour or so away. Models... be yourselves and the business will take care of itself with Abby there.

Comment

Hey Abs, are you going to be selling things there, like your DVDs or tee-shirts? One thing I would suggest to members is that if you plan on attending, I'd get room reservations NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                  I wonder what the models will be wearing to the show.
                  Well here's an educated guess

Other than that, I hope it's comfy clothing

I'm fairly sure some of the nicer compagnies (Triangle, Girlfriend Films) will also attend the show (do stay away from the bangbus people indeedy). Nothing confirmed though. Should be fun to just have look around at such a big event.

Evening (ok, night;-) parties can also be fun, if you get tickets for them (I'm sure pretty girls such as these will easily get invited, Strato usually hosts a part of some sort). Has been a looooong while I've been to what then was CES:Adult. Use common sense in deciding what parties to attend and keep in mind there are limits to what even STRONG coffee can do for early morning wakefull-ness

Abby, do you plan to attend the AVN Awards Show ? (I think Rainbow went there years ago, or was that just AEE/CES ?)

Comment

I'm amused
                    An American trade show for the Adult industry, with no nudity.
                    Yes, I'm amused,
                    But not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by arsby View Post
                      I wonder what the models will be wearing to the show. I'm thinking college girls in the summertime, with sandals or flats, t-shirts, and shorts. Do you suppose they'd allow a large poster of the girls nude (like in the intro post) in the AW booth? Seeing the girls in summertime gear but nude in the picture would drive me nuts! How about one of those 80" LCD TVs I keep reading about in Gizmodo playing the DVDs? OMG!
                      yes, pretty much every stand has enormous plasma TV's. We have decided not do, cos we're going to unleash our secret weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by dekoda View Post
                        Hey Abs, are you going to be selling things there, like your DVDs or tee-shirts? One thing I would suggest to members is that if you plan on attending, I'd get room reservations NOW.
                        No one is allowed to sell stuff at the show (tho i suspect a bit of black market stuff happens), but we'll be giving away stacks of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by fransAW View Post
                          Abby, do you plan to attend the AVN Awards Show ? (I think Rainbow went there years ago, or was that just AEE/CES ?)
                          We may be attending. Rumour on the street is that we have been pre-nominated for several categories....

Comment

Originally posted by MightySpork View Post
                            You may have touched upon one reason for concern. In other areas of the entertainment industry, content that is too new and unique is often difficult to market. This is why Hollywood prefers sequels, remakes of TV shows and movies, and other proven formulas. Adult home video has been around for about 20 years, and if established genres and styles are selling well, nobody may be in the mood for new ideas.

Abby's second point about Web delivery is more encouraging, though. If and when delivery shifts from DVD to online, established DVD marketers will probably stumble and resist the change for a while (we've already seen record companies make this mistake when MP3 caught them off guard), allowing AW and other Web-based marketers a foothold.
                            Spork, I'm a little uneasy just like you. The Adult Entertainment Business is renowned for preying on the weak and eating it's young for breakfast. I fear if they see AW as any sort of threat ( ie: taking away market share ) they'll either kill it or copy it.
                            Either result being no good for AW at all. I guess the powers that be have done their homework and figure now is a good time to make a move. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and keep the first aid kit handy.
                            pee x

Comment

I am going to come and get autographs!

And a hug from Toby and Patience, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by daimm9 View Post
                                I'm amused
                                An American trade show for the Adult industry, with no nudity.
                                Yes, I'm amused,
                                But not surprised.
                                Nudity is only permitted for the showgirls. It's the Murrican Way. Long May It Wave!

Comment

Originally posted by peesoup View Post
                                  Spork, I'm a little uneasy just like you. The Adult Entertainment Business is renowned for preying on the weak and eating it's young for breakfast. I fear if they see AW as any sort of threat ( ie: taking away market share ) they'll either kill it or copy it.
                                  Well, they can't kill it, and copying it would be the best outcome possible. There's little point in other studios copying the style to lure away existing AW users; AW pretty much owns us. If other studios adopt the AW style and values, it will only be because they believe that this style appeals to the mass audience beyond the AW core. And if they make profits by doing so, then these values will continue to spread until they shift the norm, creating a larger market for AW's product than ever.

Comment

giselle!

oh, goody...you better find me or i'll be pissed. i am the one in the wheelchair and black leather...

love,
                                    dancer

Comment

Well, they can't kill it, and copying it would be the best outcome possible. There's little point in other studios copying the style to lure away existing AW users; AW pretty much owns us. If other studios adopt the AW style and values, it will only be because they believe that this style appeals to the mass audience beyond the AW core. And if they make profits by doing so, then these values will continue to spread until they shift the norm, creating a larger market for AW's product than ever.
                                      ...........so what exactly are you worried about? Jeez, Man !!!
                                      If rivals added AW type content to their existing sites, or created new sub-sites like Abby has done with IFM, ISM etc and offered it at a discount rate, they could attract new punters in the market to them rather than AW.com. They could also lure cash strapped AW members away and also those seeking a little more variety - especially girl/boy stuff. If it breathes, you can kill it my friend.
                                      Last edited by peesoup; 16 October 2007, 02:00 AM. Reason: thought of another point

Comment

oh, goody...you better find me or i'll be pissed. i am the one in the wheelchair and black leather...

love,
                                        dancer
                                        oh somebody has just gotta capture this moment and post it for us members that won't be able to make it. I can hardly wait !
                                        The dancermobile may just be the highlight of the whole show.

Comment

Originally posted by peesoup View Post
                                          so what exactly are you worried about? Jeez, Man !!!
                                          Me? I'm not worried about anything; I just find this topic fascinating because it lets me bloviate about marketing and economics (which explains why I can never get a second date, heh). Earlier in the thread, Abby expressed a concern that this show could go one of two ways for them: Wake up the adult industry to its shortcomings ("blow them away" as she put it), or be dismissed as a quaint outsider marching to its own drumbeat. Of course, we'd all like it to go the first way, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

Anyway, that's what got me musing (not worrying).

Comment

I plan to be there with cameras and plenty of batteries.

Comment

YEEHAW!!!! Can't wait to meet Giselle, one of my alltime favorites. Wow! This trip is turning into Adult Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie64 View Post
                                                YEEHAW!!!! Can't wait to meet Giselle, one of my alltime favorites. Wow! This trip is turning into Adult Disneyland!
                                                Oh, I won't be there as one of the "models", but I hope to drop by and say hello to the girls. I live nice and close to Vegas now.

But thank you!

Comment

I just can't wait to see any pictures and video that AW chooses to share with us afterwards. However, since this will prolly be the very first time that any members have ever officially met any AW models and vice versa (or am I wrong here?) and models meeting members being a major part of this event, it would be quite strange to not post photos of these meetings on the website. So is that possible since the policy of AW doesn't currently allow for members to have pictures of themselves on the site? Could this event be the exception to this rule? I know that if I was in Vegas and had a picture taken with one of the models, I would have no problem consenting to that picture being posted here.

Comment

Are you still affiliated with LezLove videos? I know they aren't a content producer, but do you know if they may attend?

Comment

All our models in the States are def encouraged to come and say g'day...maybe even spend a day signing autographs for loving fans. How about it Giselle?!

s

Comment

Originally posted by yusanord View Post
                                                        ... interesting to meet staff members too, like Luxman and Leprechaun and others.
                                                        Speaking for myself at least, it works both ways, Yusa. Half of what I'm looking forward to is meeting some of the gang from the boards. But hearing that you won't be there is quite sad. Please take a look around at travel sites, maybe you could find a bargain that would make it possible. Where there's a will there's a way!

You too, Pee. Stop saying you won't be there. Think of how it will be one of the best experiences of your life, and ways to make it happen. C'mon guys, you're AW Members, you can do anything!
                                                        Last edited by Leprechaun; 16 October 2007, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Me? I'm not worried about anything; I just find this topic fascinating because it lets me bloviate about marketing and economics (which explains why I can never get a second date, heh). Earlier in the thread, Abby expressed a concern that this show could go one of two ways for them: Wake up the adult industry to its shortcomings ("blow them away" as she put it), or be dismissed as a quaint outsider marching to its own drumbeat. Of course, we'd all like it to go the first way, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

Anyway, that's what got me musing (not worrying).
                                                          time will tell of course - personally I hope it all goes swimmingly well. I think you're cute when you're musing
                                                          pee x

Comment

I doubt that the existing companies would pose a threat to AW. Their business model is set up differently. They don't care about the models or their subscribers, they just want to make a buck. Copying AW's methods would mean they'd have to do a 180 and start investing more time and energy into the business, and care about the people involved with the production of their site. Doing this would also mean less profit for them, since they'd have to spend more time being involved with the models and members, and not just do a shoot and put it up.

I think if anything, it might help AW expand....maybe AW America or AW Europe. Ventures like that could be under AW's control, but shot in those parts of the world using local models. Heck, in 20 years it might be AW Worldwide Enterprises, with Abby being the next Hugh Hefner.....employing thousands and offering job opportunities for women like Hef did.

Comment

Originally posted by laktor View Post
                                                              I just can't wait to see any pictures and video that AW chooses to share with us afterwards. However, since this will prolly be the very first time that any members have ever officially met any AW models and vice versa (or am I wrong here?) and models meeting members being a major part of this event, it would be quite strange to not post photos of these meetings on the website. So is that possible since the policy of AW doesn't currently allow for members to have pictures of themselves on the site? Could this event be the exception to this rule? I know that if I was in Vegas and had a picture taken with one of the models, I would have no problem consenting to that picture being posted here.
                                                              Actually, all show attendees "sign" a release form permitting themselves to be photographed (it's a condition of entry). We'll be taking lots of pics, and be posting them on the site, ideally the day after they are taken, tho I am not sure if there will be time.

Comment

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter

Sign up for the abby newsletter. Don't worry, we'll NEVER share your email address with anyone.
                                                              Working...
                                                              X